How Would You Capture Or Kill A Sasquatch?

Guest tracker

Guest tracker

Could be! Dogs are used to hunt/track them and all sorts of other wildlife constantly. Especially at night which just so happens to be when the Forest Giants roam about. As a matter of fact, around here that is more often than not the way hunting is done in certain areas. They could see how we use the dogs, and seeing as how they are pretty good at 1+1=2, go from their. They realize the dogs attack/bay the prey, then we run up and blow it to bits. Thus, they HATE dogs :P Makes sense to me. One of the signs indicating a Sasquatch is moving into a populated area is mass domesticated animal killings/missings, particularly dogs. Here in Tennnessee I think it may have been, one came around and 200 cats and dogs just disappeared, one lady went out onto her porch at night, scared the Big Guy, and the Squatch threw a dead cat at her O.o even made the news at the time. Back then I guess people weren't so quick to assume and didn't try to crush the credibility of recent sightings.

Hey good post, Xion

I leaning towards that they hate all canines because of competing wolves or even coyotes in the wild. JMO.

Where at in TN?

Eastern Tennessee, mainly the Holston Moutain area. Everytime i have been their has been during hunting season, and the dogs barking would keep anyone up all night >.< Several different groups each with at least 5 or 6 dogs. If Bigfoot doesn't see stuff like that he is either blind or dead. Hell a blind Bigfoot could get around that. So no, I do not think it is smart to try and hunt them down with dogs, dogs will not likely outrun them and will NOT survive if they do. And to tell you the truth, MOST dogs are not dumb enough to try no matter how game or seasoned they are.

Hey good post, Xion

I leaning towards that they hate all canines because of competing wolves or even coyotes in the wild. JMO.

That is true, to put it in perspective if I were a unstoppable 9 foot tall person living 100% in harmony with nature, things like coyotes and wolves could get to be a pain, as they would make it a point to follow you around waiting for you to make a kill. Both of those animals are scavengers, not typically hunters. And in hard times will become a huge pest to the predators, as they will try to take away kills and will irritate the predators while they eat it. Most of the time they patiently wait though.

Typically when a bigfoot does make a kill, it takes portions from the hind quarters and the liver, sometimes the legs too(They twist them off, not tear) in a very neat and orderly manner, almost looks like a person did it, and sometimes looks as though a knife was used. They will leave the rest of the body laying though. It is differentiated from human kills, however, because of the brutality involved. The ribs can be crushed in huge bowl shaped indentions(Rock throwing), the neck is often snapped with no apparent exterior damage, the legs are twisted off, and no bullet holes. Their are rarely if ever any claw marks or signs of a Cougar or Bear attack, the breaks and tears are clean of that.

This all leaves a helluva lot of corpse for the rest of the critters. Based on that I would say the relationship between the Bigfoot and other critters, Bears and Cougars included, is very good. Free dinner, and a bigfoot is to much for even the biggest brown bear or mountain lion to risk taking. Animals are not stupid. They are creatures of opportunity.

I also might note that some researchers have stated that they HATE anything and everything that brings attention to them/blows their cover, dogs are a notorious pain in the you know what for barking their stinking heads off at anything around, and thus are the first thing going to try and blow their cover.

Edited by Xion Comrade

Guest tracker

"I also might note that some researchers have stated that they HATE anything and everything that brings attention to them/blows their cover, dogs are a notorious pain in the you know what for barking their stinking heads off at anything around, and thus are the first thing going to try and blow their cover." xion

Yea taking out the sentries is a good tactical move for a hunter. I talked about their intellegence in my BF hunter and protector thread. Canines are well known for detecting intruders. But I think your misjudge the strength and abilities of the timber wolves my friend. :)

A strong pack can drive off or kill any creature even a Sasq if they needed to. I' ve seen doc's of them doing that to adult browns, buffalo, moose and elk with ease.

Edited by tracker

Yea taking out the sentries is a good tactical move for a hunter. I talked about their intellegence in my BF hunter and protector thread. Canines are well known for detecting intruders. But I think your misjudge the strength and abilities of the timber wolves my friend. :)

A strong pack can drive off or kill any creature even a Sasq if they needed to. I' ve seen doc's of them doing that to adult browns, buffalo, moose and elk with ease.

Why attack the Sasquatch when you benefit from it? Besides on a less important note, a Sasquatch is much different from a grizzly bear. I would find it hard to believe one would even care to fight with a apex predator, unless it was going to make a meal out of it. Animals are for opportunity, not challenges, and the Sasquatch is the biggest challenge on the continent, or even the world as far as hunting/fighting goes ;)

Guest ajciani

Just on the penetration verse expansion issue, you could always use a hot-load or high velocity load with a controlled expansion bullet, but you must make certain that your weapon can handle it. Hornady has been mixing powders to make optimized burn profiles to get a few hundred more fps without increasing peak pressures. LeMas makes their "blended metal ammunition", which is a rather misleading marketing term. The LeMas products are just moly-coated controlled expansion bullets made by other manufacturers, and then hot loaded. The moly-coat leads to slightly lower chamber pressures (the bullet moves down the barrel too soon for the pressure to build), so the hot load boosts the pressure and the speed.

Anyway, as the LeMas rounds demonstrate, a speed boosted, controlled expansion bullet will easily penetrate the heavy bones of large game, before the bullet expands and devastates the soft tissues.

Also, I would only use a rifle for those long distance shots. You know, the type of distances where my "guy in monkey suit sense" would fail to function. In simple, I wouldn't be using a rifle. So for my plan, it's not an issue of carrying a rifle + shotgun or rifle + handgun. I'm solely relying on the shotgun. A "home defense" model with an 18 inch barrel (shortest legal in most of US) is pretty light and easy to move about. But the shorter barrel presents a trade off; it is less accurate and the slug will have a lower speed. So if you think you'll see the big guy coming from a few dozen yards away, then a 24 inch barrel might be better.

edit:sp

Edited by ajciani

24"? Dang. How close would I have to be with my 19" barrel slug load?

I'm not sure I have that kind of reaction time anymore.

Reflexes are deteriorating as I get older, sad to say. Now know this, they were A++ when I was younger, and maintained well into my 30's....but now, I need a little more distance than that...lol...

Guest ajciani

Well, if they can charge in at 35 mph, then 25 yards would give you just shy of 1.5 seconds until it would be on top of you. That should be enough time to get the gun up and leveled and fire a round. I think you would probably know it was in the area long before it got within 25 yards, especially if it was coming in hot and angry.

On the other hand, if you were baiting it in with puppies or something, and were 25 yards from the puppies, you would want to be able to aim better, because you are going to get about 2 (or a little more) seconds from when you start shooting. That should be enough to put 3 well aimed slugs into it (the first is free, 1 second to get off each of the next 2).

Guest vilnoori

You know, someone in the forest with a pack full of puppies and a shotgun, banging on trees, is a loonie. Just sayin'. LOL At least I think anyone who met them would think so, and especially forestry people or CO's.

You know, someone in the forest with a pack full of puppies and a shotgun, banging on trees, is a loonie. Just sayin'. LOL At least I think anyone who met them would think so, and especially forestry people or CO's.

LOL I can only imagine the looks I would get with a backpack full of crying puppies, a shotgun, and a big club in one hand walking into the woods! XD

Guest ajciani

Forestry Officer: We had a report you were shooting and clubbing puppies out here.

Xion: No. I was using them as bait.

At that point, I think it would have been better to admit that you were planning on shooting the puppies, but decided not to. Or come up with some story that doesn't involve harming the puppies or using them as bait.

Guest tracker

Live sounds are the way to go. I think they could tell the difference between recordings and in person. I mentioned this to norseman recently. That we can silently stalk all day up and down the mountains and find nothing. Then sometimes the big guys will visit the next camp over because they brought women and kids along and a barking dog. Go figure? dry.gif

I still believe setting up a small camp away from the others is best. The trade off is, it will attract all types of visiters big and small.

Guest vilnoori

Forestry Officer: We had a report you were shooting and clubbing puppies out here.

Xion: No. I was using them as bait.

At that point, I think it would have been better to admit that you were planning on shooting the puppies, but decided not to. Or come up with some story that doesn't involve harming the puppies or using them as bait.

ROFL! For sure it would be worth a free ride in a paddy wagon to the nearest Psych unit. I think they would decide you are not safe out there alone. And here in Canada for sure you would lose your FAC/PAC (firearms permit) on the grounds that you are not a safe person to carry a firearm.

Guest tracker

ROFL! For sure it would be worth a free ride in a paddy wagon to the nearest Psych unit. I think they would decide you are not safe out there alone. And here in Canada for sure you would lose your FAC/PAC (firearms permit) on the grounds that you are not a safe person to carry a firearm.

They gov cares more about enforcing their regulations and collecting their fee's $ than your safety. They don't allow for the fact that sometimes the danger comes to you. As oppose to everyone with a rifle going looking for it at a 7/11 or shooting up a campground. The people who draft and vote these laws in don't spend much time in the wild regions of NA.

Carry a weapon anyways if your in bear or cougar country. Protect yourself and family first and worry about the restrictions later.

JMO tracker.dry.gif

Guest tracker

Hunting for the big guys I believe is the ultimate challenge. However it can be done whether your carrying a camera or a rifle don't give up. Here's a pic that i believe to be authentic that i pulled from my archives. It's too old to be edited without it being messed up no matter how skilled a tech is. JMO

Apparently the story with this pic is that the big bugger was hassasing/hanging around their camp. Age unknown? looks early 1900's? to me. In this era when we pushed deeper into their terrain railroad, logging, hunting etc. So they soon learned to fear and avoid us at all cost. I support that they teach this skill to their young. IMO.

I believe there's more pics, evidence and reports out there that others are withholding. That would certainly help prove their existence once and for all. Anyways if you haven't seen this pic before I thought I would share it. tracker dry.gif

deadBFandhunterfrom1900s.jpg?t=1297002674

I can't elaberate on the story that goes with it and my appologies to the anti-kill or harm supporters. :(

Hummmm, notice the line along the back just like Patty's that everyone says is a zipper. Amazing, now we know where Patterson got the pattern for his costume, NOT!!! ^_^