How Would You Capture Or Kill A Sasquatch?

Guest tracker

Guest tracker

If anything I think aircraft would be the key to capturing/killing bigfoot. A helicopter with a good transport capacity and a thermal imager, I believe would help alot. Spot the object using the Thermal then dropping the "troops" onto the target or having a aerial sniper take the shot and kill/sedate the bigfoot. I also dont think biggie can outrun a good chopper pilot. Only thing he can do is possibly go in a cave and the only thing limiting the search would be weather and fuel and of course supplies for the people doin the search. just my 2 cents.

-Inquisitor Jake

Yea but very expensive, who's paying for that? :huh: The thick tree cover where they always hang would make LOS difficult. So sure if a bush pilot spots them near some caves where they live and if they stay put. than we got a chance. And it won't be pretty or easy. Even if you use tranqs or live rounds, you still have deal with any others angry family members. Then get the crew and the BF out while everyone is still in one piece asap. So maybe a chopp for pu after you knock down some trees. And then the real fun would begin!

JMO tracker dry.gif

Edited by tracker

Guest Inquisitor Jake

Yea but very expensive, who's paying for that? :huh: The thick tree cover where they always hang would make LOS difficult. So sure if a bush pilot spots them near some caves where they live and if they stay put. than we got a chance. And it won't be pretty or easy. Even if you use tranqs or live rounds, you still have deal with any others angry family members. Then get the crew and the BF out while everyone is still in one piece asap. So maybe a chopp for pu after you knock down some trees. And then the real fun would begin!

JMO tracker dry.gif

Funding....I knew I forgot something! If I had the cash I would most definately fund an expidition. But sadly I do not. <_<

But, yes if we had a dead biggie on the ground you most definately have to set up a perimeter. I mean a concetrated attack by a large number of them would be very hard to repel if impossible. The only thing that could stop them is the extended reach provided by modern firearms. That and you would also have to watch out for them throwing rocks if the reports are true.

Also just wondering can thermal imagers pierce tree cover and see the ground below?

Guest Sallaranda

You guys have this all wrong. Finding and then potentially killing/capturing bigfoot isn't about heavy equipment, intense funding, big ol' hunting teams.

It's about two guys. Three tops. Going out into the middle of bloody nowhere, prepared to survive there for a LONG time. I'm not talking Destination Truth one night stay, I'm talking weeks. Try to track a sasquatch, and try to live amongst it. Get close to it. Real close.

That's how someone will finally capture it. Or kill it. I'd much rather a dead sasquatch than a live one they can torture with tests and experiments.

Anyways, that's my plan gents. I'm not gonna go out with a ten man team for three days and hope I find one. Nah, I'll camp out in the forest for a month with the clothes on my back, a canteen, a compass, a shotgun, and a knife. That's my theory on the best way to go about it.

Guest tracker

You guys have this all wrong. Finding and then potentially killing/capturing bigfoot isn't about heavy equipment, intense funding, big ol' hunting teams.

It's about two guys. Three tops. Going out into the middle of bloody nowhere, prepared to survive there for a LONG time. I'm not talking Destination Truth one night stay, I'm talking weeks. Try to track a sasquatch, and try to live amongst it. Get close to it. Real close.

That's how someone will finally capture it. Or kill it. I'd much rather a dead sasquatch than a live one they can torture with tests and experiments.

Anyways, that's my plan gents. I'm not gonna go out with a ten man team for three days and hope I find one. Nah, I'll camp out in the forest for a month with the clothes on my back, a canteen, a compass, a shotgun, and a knife. That's my theory on the best way to go about it.

Yea thats the best chance IMO, it was already mentioned . But someone makes a new post and so you talk about it. And i agree someone who breaks a repore of trust is how we will obtain the first specimen. Not a road, train or hunters kill. Sorry Bf but your fame will be your demise, someone will sell you out $ dry.gif JMO. tracker.

Guest vilnoori

:blink: After that amount of time in the same clothes and no razor, probably someone will mistake YOU for a sasquatch. If you don't get attacked by bears or starve to death first. Take care out there.

• 1 month later...
Guest tracker

Live capture maybe a nice tranq shot in the neck from a high vantage point with enough juice for a moose. Or a pitfall might work? if it's camoed and baited right and no others come along and give it a hand out. Or you bag them too and then you would have a six pack of tall ones ready for airlift. :)

Edited by tracker

• 2 weeks later...
Guest young sasqua

put a fresh deer carcass on the side of the road and wait in a wrecker. after youn shoot it with a 30.06 (just to stun it)run it over with the truck then hook it up to the tow cable and haul it away. the ten minutes or so it takes to hook it to the cable are going to be the scariest seconds of your life

I DO NOT RECOMMEND DOING THIS !!

i wouldnt want to have any part in trying to get a body out of the woods

Guest tracker

Have a read of this old report. It gives you an idea of how hard they are to kill. And how PO they can get after being shot at!

The witness/victim is a guy named Beck and the interviewer is Roger Patterson. Beck put at least five slugs into a Bf, some even in the head. And it just kept on running away. Which of course is better than attacking, Actually the attack happens later and if you like family outings you'll like this one. enjoy ;)

http://www.bigfootencounters.com/interviews/fredbeck.htm

• 2 weeks later...

I think ultimately this is the wrong approach and a detriment to the species.

Yes, a type specimen to establish a species.

Luckily science doesn't work that way. I personally think your a level headed good guy. But what if you were telling me that you were seeing little green pixies? Or purple unicorns?

Yah, no.....I do not covet a Sasquatch mount next to the elk rack hanging on the wall. And I have no interest in frying up Squatch back strap either.

I like my privacy.

Money is never a bad thing, so long as your not exploiting something or someone.

On the contrary Bigfoot deserves it. He deserves to be recognized by science and human kind and not be placed in the pixie/unicorn category. Unfortunately that requires a type specimen.

How about we give one to Dr. Meldrum whether we shot it or it died of old age? The quicker the species gets recognized the quicker we can protect it not only directly but through passive threats as well? (habitat loss, etc)

I just don't see the logic behind the anti kill crowd. We need a type specimen, and that can be accomplished in various ways, but the most likely scenario is shooting one. If the anti kill crowd beats me to the punch with a decomposed body? I'll jump for joy.

I hardly have to post, Norseman writes near exactly what I would.... :thumbsup:

Guest tracker

BTW,

This is the premium .45-70 ammo out there:

http://www.garrettca...570540tech.html

Our 540-gr +P Hammerhead Ammo is the ideal choice for stopping heavy bears at close quarters or hunting them at short range. This Hammerhead bullet has a meplat (frontal flat) diameter of .360â€, which is just one tenth of an inch less than bore diameter. With its tremendous weight to diameter ratio (sectional density) it provides end to end penetration on the heaviest of bears, with exit, and does tremendous damage per unit of penetration due to its extremely blunt front end. This load is carried exclusively by NOAA for protection against coastal grizzly attack. It is also carried by the National Marine Fisheries Service and the U.S. Geological Survey for protection from grizzly attack. For the specific task of stopping a grizzly charge, this ammo has no peer.

Yea where's Norseman these days? he post some good to know 411 like above. Hey maybe he got carried off by a female sasquatch on his expedition? I call first dibs on his lever action rifle if found . He would want it that way. :D

Guest Carl

How about .......

Digging a deep square hole in the ground - imagine it as equivalent in depth to a 15-20 foot tall telephone booth with an area of 30 feet. Cover the hole with a realistic blanket of organic matter. Fill it with gymnastics foam squares to ensure a safe fall. Place delicious food fit for a squatch right uptop in the center, and voila - rig a camera capable of night vision there and wire the results back to researchers to determine which animal succumbed.

If it isn't a squatch, we can rescue it and set it free.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest tracker

How about .......

Digging a deep square hole in the ground - imagine it as equivalent in depth to a 15-20 foot tall telephone booth with an area of 30 feet. Cover the hole with a realistic blanket of organic matter. Fill it with gymnastics foam squares to ensure a safe fall. Place delicious food fit for a squatch right uptop in the center, and voila - rig a camera capable of night vision there and wire the results back to researchers to determine which animal succumbed.

Hey Carl sorry i didn't respond sooner.

IMO were getting very close so I am not about to be poached for my ideas. I have also seen some of my exact pet theories quoted almost word for word by others. Anyways we will need a different approach with this rare,powerfull and intelligent species. It won't be a shoot and bag type of hunt. Someone is going to betray their trust for the next PGF type of quality footage or worse set one up to be captured or killed? And we all know what the real motivation will be behind it $. Although they will claim it's in the name of science as they tour with the evidence collecting their personal appearance checks. Sure, dry.gif

Anyways digging a huge hole to hold a large powerful creature that can climb is not practical in the mountains or thick bush IMO. a very large rabbit snare should work! smile.gif

Edited by tracker

I think if Bigfoot existed, Fred Bear would have killed it.

He killed everything else with a recurve bow I think.

Guest tracker

Actually Drew's getting closer. Was thinking same, old school techniques might be the only way to bring one down? Up close and personal on the ground. Sorry no shooting from a high tree blind. If you had to do it that is. huh.gif

JMO tracker, dry.gif

Guest vilnoori

How about .......

The kind of hole you'd have to dig that would keep a sasquatch in it (apparently they are powerful leapers and climbers, and maybe smart enough to dig themselves out too, maybe make stairs for themselves) you would probably need a cat or something to do it, something big and noisy.

One sasquatch to another, watching from afar for the three days it takes to do the job:

"Hey Joe, what 'a them little guys diggin' that hole for?"

"Dunno, let's wait and see."

2 days later after watching 3 bears and one hiker fall in the hole and injure themselves, and researchers run and rescue them,

"Oh, I get it. Hunting bears and getting rid of the competition."

And, as always, they will just go around all the man-traps people make. Do you think they are stupid? If they can avoid a hidden camera trap, I think they can avoid a ruddy great hole in the ground. Sheesh. Also, make sure to fill it up again before abandoning your project, so other wildlife and hikers don't succumb, again and again.

Edited by vilnoori