How Would You Capture Or Kill A Sasquatch?

Guest tracker

Guest TooRisky

First off this is not the thread for pro kill or anti kill. This is for discussion on how any of us would go about trying to capture or if needed to kill a very fast, powerfull and intelligent creature. A creature that has superior senses and physical abilities than ours? For scientific identification of course, then the debate is over.

Capture.

1. Okay so maybe you would just hold it long enough to obtain the required proof (48 hours?) then set it free. How would this be achieved? They could bend steel bars I bet, so besides risking killing one in a box car, How from start to finish?

Kill.

2. Okay now here the other side, how would a hunter kill one and get it back in one piece for identification. One shot won't bring one down. You would need to track it and finish the job miles deep into the mountains. Maybe even at night with it or others screaming at you or worse? How?

Tree stand and baiting only works for less intelligent creatures. Tree knocking, call blasting and trail cams are almost successful. Anyways we got enough blobsquatches already with trying to film them.

We need to go for the gold or go big or go home etc,etc. Whats your plan?

Probably offshore 18" Navy gunfire.... or a carpet bombing of B-52's... just saying...

Guest tracker

Probably offshore 18" Navy gunfire.... or a carpet bombing of B-52's... just saying...

nah not accurate enough, Send the drones into the Ape Canyon area. they use thermal and have mini heat seekers, that should work. They may even bag a whole Bf family in one pass?

I can hear the public outcry from here..........

But it does bring up an interesting point.

Maybe one will get lost on the Yakima proving grounds.......

Squatch: "Me want good food........tummy hungry"

Redleg Artillery Battery: "Copy that sir.......right 50, drop 20!"

Squatch: "Tasty food I think this way"

Command: "Fire for effect! Hey! What's that walking across the objective!"

Redleg AB: "Shot over!"

Squatch: "What is funny whistling sound? Why ground shaking? AARRRRGGGHHH!"

Command: "Redleg Redleg.........check your fire, check your fire.....oh crap, I think we just wasted Shaq"

:lol:

Guest vilnoori
:lol: Yeah. So, why haven't they, then? I mean, there are military camps all over the place, and all this firepower, and nada.

• 3 weeks later...

Awesome thread, folks. I think they are all interesting ideas. The only thing I would add that has not been talked about, is something that I have been thinking about for awhile. Why not use a glider, equipped with various types of cameras? Not a hang-glider, but an actual glider that rides on thermals. It would be silent, relatively quick and could fly for hours without the expense of fuel. Also, I seem to remember someone suggesting using the taped sounds of children playing, to draw them in.

Guest ajciani

That is certainly an option. It will depend on how tightly they keep to cover during the day, as gliders don't work too well at night.

Also keep in mind that a glider is somewhat constrained to its flight pattern and locations of operation. When you gotta get back in the updraft, you gotta get back in the updraft.

Guest tracker

Awesome thread, folks. I think they are all interesting ideas. The only thing I would add that has not been talked about, is something that I have been thinking about for awhile. Why not use a glider, equipped with various types of cameras? Not a hang-glider, but an actual glider that rides on thermals. It would be silent, relatively quick and could fly for hours without the expense of fuel. Also, I seem to remember someone suggesting using the taped sounds of children playing, to draw them in.

Some use remote planes with thermal relay types of equipment. It's a good idea but i think they would flee from them. "Yep we had a squatch and there it goes now what?" huh.gifsmile.gif

JMO dry.gif

Guest Cervelo

Same way the last elusive tall guy got it one the head one to the chest. Chop off your body part of choice and run like hell!!!'

As I am for the long range observation approach, that range of approx. 1,5 km is possible with a .50BMG. And one of those shurly is enough for a blood and flesh BF. Than you shurly need some kind of minicrane for your Pickup and here we go.

You guys have this all wrong. Finding and then potentially killing/capturing bigfoot isn't about heavy equipment, intense funding, big ol' hunting teams.

It's about two guys. Three tops. Going out into the middle of bloody nowhere, prepared to survive there for a LONG time. I'm not talking Destination Truth one night stay, I'm talking weeks. Try to track a sasquatch, and try to live amongst it. Get close to it. Real close.

That's how someone will finally capture it. Or kill it. I'd much rather a dead sasquatch than a live one they can torture with tests and experiments.

Anyways, that's my plan gents. I'm not gonna go out with a ten man team for three days and hope I find one. Nah, I'll camp out in the forest for a month with the clothes on my back, a canteen, a compass, a shotgun, and a knife. That's my theory on the best way to go about it.

Sorry for the late response, I missed this one.

I've gone this route, I've been 50 miles from the pickup truck with three mules for weeks on end. Ultimately the more sets of eyeballs you have the more ground one can cover if it's done right. It's also much harder to organize such an expedition, as well as fund it. So while I don't agree with you that the lone wolf approach is the best one, it IS the most likely scenario, a small group of elk hunters, etc.

As I am for the long range observation approach, that range of approx. 1,5 km is possible with a .50BMG. And one of those shurly is enough for a blood and flesh BF. Than you shurly need some kind of minicrane for your Pickup and here we go.

Sorry, but completely wrong. One needs to get up close and dirty to ensure subject isn't an idiot in a hairy suit.

Edit: And stop calling me Shirley. (Or in your case, it should be "surely."

Edited by Incorrigible1

Sorry, but completely wrong. One needs to get up close and dirty to ensure subject isn't an idiot in a hairy suit.

Edit: And stop calling me Shirley. (Or in your case, it should be "surely."

If you got something as "near" as to fully fill a HD camera frame that should be enough to identify it positively. Completely wrong once again?

Guest tracker

Sorry for the late response, I missed this one.

I've gone this route, I've been 50 miles from the pickup truck with three mules for weeks on end. Ultimately the more sets of eyeballs you have the more ground one can cover if it's done right. It's also much harder to organize such an expedition, as well as fund it. So while I don't agree with you that the lone wolf approach is the best one, it IS the most likely scenario, a small group of elk hunters, etc.

two seems to work good if both are well trained. Once you get to 4 or more the big guys don't seem to want to play? And calling it in long distance with high powered scopes or equipment won't work. JMO

Edited by tracker

Some use remote planes with thermal relay types of equipment. It's a good idea but i think they would flee from them. "Yep we had a squatch and there it goes now what?" huh.gifsmile.gif

JMO dry.gif

Thats why I think the glider would be a good option. It doesnt make any noise as opposed to remote control model planes, UAVs and helicopter gunships. It would be functional as an eye-in-the-sky for the ground teams, since these things are apparently hard to keep up with on the ground. I would think with an experienced pilot it could help greatly. And would be way more affordable. But admittedly, I do not know about their nighttime capabilities.