Biped Or All Fours?

Guest mizzousquatchn

I'm here more to read than to speak, so perhaps I should keep my mouth shut (but I'm no good at that): I have yet to read of a credible account of sasquatch going on all fours.

Reread the first page of this thread, it clearly talks about where you can find credible accounts. There are reports, a lot of the Southern Researchers have seen them in 4X4 mode, it's an accepted thing in the south.

My bad. It was assumption based on the fact that you have not been on the cover of Scientific American with these great discoveries.

I have no great discoveries. I'm just not empty handed.

Try to see it from where I'm sitting. 30 times? c'mon.

I'm not talking about seeing them standing out in the open waving 30 times. I'm talking about glimpses of them ducking behind a tree or peeping out from behind one, or running across a clearing, mostly. I've had a few pretty good looks, but they're rare.

While simultaneously throwing a touch of incredulity/ridicule by using the term "biblical creatures" (implying supernatural/spiritual creatures) as opposed to "creature mentioned in the bible"...

Agent Mulder,

Has the Bigfoot Thought Police busted Drew?:unsure:

Show us your badge first! :)

Guest FuriousGeorge

Knock yourself out, but be warned, Sasfooty is THE unsinkable rubber ducky. :)

and feisty ...

Haha well I'm certainly not trying to sink anyone. I don't know anyone on here personally so I'm just trying to size things up. I don't feel like I'm being tricked or fooled. I don't think anyone on here can fool me on their foolingest day of their life with an electrified fooling machine (Homer misquote). I'm just exploring alternate explanations because this seems extraordinary to me. I'm trying to gauge if the encounters are real or if she is having a tough time beating bigfoot at scrabble because he keeps eating all of the consonants.

You gotta explore alternate explanations.. but then after awhile one of the most amazing things that keeps happening is.. people keep repeating the same thing over and over and over.. this ape thing that has a bigger nose than an ape and looks kinda like the guy across the street keeps looking at me... or something. Seems repeat observations are a red flag.. or at least have been. But some of the best information I have ever gotten has come from people who have numerous experiences. And some of us fight for one lol. Back on the fourxfour or on all fours arena: I continually have been told about this since I started looking for information. If you note the thermo work from Bart, that guy dropped down on all fours too.

I think they regularly do this and it makes them look like a quadruped and probably gives them better chance of not being seen when out in the open.

Tons of reports of them doing this stuff. I dont get how they increase their speed with it but maybe so. Easier to navigate inclined hillsides when in 4x4 that are tough to get a grip on when going up... try it.. it works.

They can run unbelievably fast on all fours. The feet seem to go way up in front of them, but they don't stretch their arms out very far. They run so smoothly that they remind me of the rabbit on a rail in greyhound races. They sound like a horse running.

I saw one running toward the yard from down by the pond, one night, & at first I thought it was a wolf. It had huge, massive shoulders & was on all fours, but then he stopped & stood up.

I think it's a lot more common for them to run this way than bipedally. It also probably cuts way back on the number of reported sightings. When something on all fours is seen at a distance, it's easy to think of it being a wolf, bear, hog, or whatever. Most people never even give a thought to it being a BF.

Edited by Sasfooty

They can run unbelievably fast on all fours. The feet seem to go way up in front of them, but they don't stretch their arms out very far. They run so smoothly that they remind me of the rabbit on a rail in greyhound races. They sound like a horse running.

I saw one running toward the yard from down by the pond, one night, & at first I thought it was a wolf. It had huge, massive shoulders & was on all fours, but then he stopped & stood up.

I think it's a lot more common for them to run this way than bipedally. It also probably cuts way back on the number of reported sightings. When something on all fours is seen at a distance, it's easy to think of it being a wolf, bear, hog, or whatever. Most people never even give a thought to it being a BF.

Sasfooty (or anyone that has observed quadrupedal movement by a squatch) ,

Maybe there is a form of quadrupedal movement, that is a high speed gallop.. where the upper body almost (at times) remains vertical, and the long muscular arms are used to propel the body, while the shorter legs push off. This form of movement (similar to, but not exactly like) the high speed quadrupedal movements, of some of the great apes, that I have observed on various internet clips.

I've become much more interested in this footage.. again, from 2005.

#4 Prince Edward Island Huge Sasquatch, By N. Wiley (corrected)

#4 "Huge Sasquatch on PEI" Corrected w/ side by side analysis shots (and Lower Rez version for Dial-up users). This is 1/8 the size, so hopefully dial-up folks can see this one. Same Morphological comments as previous post. Thanks to Jason Mckay, Chris Noel and Brent Bolles for finding errors in height, speed and position.

Posted by Bigfoot on Sunday, September 26, 2010

Before folks comment, and condemn this as a "hoax".. watch the analysis again, and tell me that this animal.. is just some gymnast dude in a suit. I already know.. that the video was staged, and the people filming it, were trying to get a scene for an amateur film, of this guy running out of the woods. I haven't heard (yet), where the animal running across the clearing behind the guy.. was a part of that staged scene.

The motion of this animal, is very similar to something I observed... thus my renewed interest, and hearing the opinions of members here, that have observed these creatures on the run, in a 4x4 stance.

When cover is at a minimum, and/or not very high, 4x4 mode seems to be the method of choice (at least for some) IMO. When one of them weighs a lot (600-900 lbs.)and runs 4x4, even on grass, it does indeed sound like a horse galloping. JAO.-Knuck

Imonacan, glad you brought that vid to the forefront, I had been wanting to view it. I wish the resolution was nicer, but

it does look like its got a chance to be legit. I am on the fence. But from the reports I have read, from the people I have talked to I would expect that probably has a better chance to be the real deal than most think. Is it? No se. In reviewing what others have said, it appears to match that. Regarding the claimed height and specific behaviors, I cannot vouch for that without spending time with measurements and I am not sure the clarity of the vid allows that. But, it might with the right software....like to hear others takes on it.

No, I've never heard of it, but I would like to see those pictures. I've never seen a picture that looks like these. They have the BF bodies, but human faces. They don't have completely human noses, but they are more human than ape.

There are historic records of hairy people. I think Elijah was one, & Esau, of course.

Check these out. http://osareal.com/A...%20Bigfoot.html

Sasfooty,

Here is one image of a sasquatch based on the forensic artist's rendering after interviewing a witness (from Paulides' book).

Interestingly, it looks very human.

Bigfoot-Sketch-III_article_medium.jpg

The face I saw looked a lot younger, & not as muscular. The nose was smaller & turned up on the end. No brow ridge, & the hair grew back from his face. Still, there is something about it that looks similar.

This is interesting. I also remember an illustration done regarding a young individual that looked exactly human. Its mouth was among the narrowest I have seen in a sas illustration however. Whether that was that way or it was bigger I do not know.

Upon interviewing a wonderful contact about her experiences, and seeing an incredible image (illustration) of her experience I questioned her about accuracy. Her comment was the picture was almost dead on. I asked, So what would you change to make it even closer to what you saw? She replied.. the mouth, it was a bit wider.

Now what that young fellow looks like when mature may be completely different but if that one came anywhere near what the illustration portrayed, no one could tell the difference. True, shorter neck but at that stage the neck was evident. Uncanny how close to a person it looked.

Edited by treeknocker

Guest Vincent

If bigfoot looked like a person, or like the drawings in tbe above posts, or like some of good people on this board claim, that they look more human, then it certainly oiesn't make any sense that these beings would walk or run on all fours. Because, if the drawings are more or less the general idea, these creatures are far more human than suggested. I think bigfoot has been narrowed down to either a bipedal ape, or primitive human. If its mostly ape i can understand the once in a while all fours thing... But if its human-like it makes no sense.

• masterbarber locked this topic