Biped Or All Fours?

Guest mizzousquatchn

Look at a cheetah chasing down an impala, the cheetah can attain high speeds for short distances, and even then, when the impala changes direction, the cheetah will have to adjust it's own direction, slowing down in the process and then trying to attain that speed again.

D, just a heads-up. What allows a cheetah to maneuver in sharp turns the way it does are the 2.5 ft tail that acts as a rudder and claws that never retract...

To quote Sasfooty:

"I have hair, vocal recordings, & have seen BF here at least 30 times, probably more.

Then there’s the video of at least 7, (Sunflower tells me she sees two or three more), that was filmed within spitting distance of where those tracks were."

So, are we dealing with a new form of ape or a neanderthal-like human?

(Mulder's post drew me offside; I thought this was a more current thread too).

Edited by jerrywayne

These have faces more like us than like apes, but I don't have a clue what they are.

Have you read David Paulides' book THE HOOPA PROJECT?

He interviewed several folks who said they had Bigfoot sightings and then had them interviewed by a forensic police artist. The drawings made by the forensic artist depicting what the witnesses claimed to have seen are intriguing.

The Bigfoot have decidedly human faces!

Are you familiar with these forensic drawings and do they depict what you say you have seen?

No, I've never heard of it, but I would like to see those pictures. I've never seen a picture that looks like these. They have the BF bodies, but human faces. They don't have completely human noses, but they are more human than ape.

There are historic records of hairy people. I think Elijah was one, & Esau, of course.

Check these out. http://osareal.com/Ancient%20Bigfoot.html

Guest Woodenbong

These have faces more like us than like apes, but I don't have a clue what they are.

What faces are you refering to, are there pictures of these faces

What faces are you refering to, are there pictures of these faces

The faces of the ones that are here. I got a good look at one, & there are a few pictures.

Jodie, thanks for that link.

Your link above is to Artistic portrayals of Biblical figures, with hair all over them.

So it was definitely implied, that is why I asked for clarification.

Your link above is to Artistic portrayals of Biblical figures, with hair all over them.

So it was definitely implied, that is why I asked for clarification.

No, it isn't implied.

I didn't do the art. I just provided the link to pictures of art depicting hairy people.

Clarified now?

I'm here more to read than to speak, so perhaps I should keep my mouth shut (but I'm no good at that): I have yet to read of a credible account of sasquatch going on all fours.

I don't know how you all feel about Grover Krantz's (IMO far-fetched) theory that bigfoot is a relic population of Gigantopithecus blacki, but I do know that the general consensus amongst scientists is that gigantopithecus was probably a devoted quadraped.

How they can be so sure from jawbones and teeth is beyond me <_<

I'm here more to read than to speak, so perhaps I should keep my mouth shut (but I'm no good at that): I have yet to read of a credible account of sasquatch going on all fours.

I don't know how you all feel about Grover Krantz's (IMO far-fetched) theory that bigfoot is a relic population of Gigantopithecus blacki, but I do know that the general consensus amongst scientists is that gigantopithecus was probably a devoted quadraped.

How they can be so sure from jawbones and teeth is beyond me <_<

A biped's jaw flares more quickly to accommodate the neck (and the angle it attaches to the skull). Whereas with a quadraped ape the head "hangs" more off of the top of the body, and the neck is horizontal to the ground. There for the jaw bones are typically more shallow making a sharper "v".

• masterbarber locked this topic