Can Bigfoot Speak?

Guest Twilight Fan

The ability of human or human-like language is linked to the human SVT (supralaryngeal vocal tract), decreased prognathism, bipedalism, and the neural motor functions that evolved with these things.

How does that explain parrots and mynah birds?

How does that explain parrots and mynah birds?

I think some birds have a similar arranged vocal tract, and very skilled tongues like a ventriloquist that allows mimicry. I don't think parrots know what they are saying per se,and don't think they re-oder and reconmbine words/ phonemes to create new meaningful thoughts conveyed.

right birds mimic human speech but do not know what they are saying. I could buy the fact that an ape could mimic certain human sounds but it would have to hear the same words over and over. It would not just randomly start narrating a Greek Tragedy. Nor would it have any comprehension of what the sounds meant. Domestic animals learn to associate words with something like food. "here kitty kitty kitty" and the sound of a can opener bring the cats running even if they are in the middle of a dead sleep.

"here kitty kitty kitty" and the sound of a can opener bring the cats running even if they are in the middle of a dead sleep.

Sending them a picture with your mind before you pick up the can & opener, "logically" shouldn't bring them running, though...should it?

right birds mimic human speech but do not know what they are saying. I could buy the fact that an ape could mimic certain human sounds but it would have to hear the same words over and over. It would not just randomly start narrating a Greek Tragedy. Nor would it have any comprehension of what the sounds meant. Domestic animals learn to associate words with something like food. "here kitty kitty kitty" and the sound of a can opener bring the cats running even if they are in the middle of a dead sleep.

There is a youtube video out there of a chimp that mimics the word "moma". Bigfoot is looking like it could speak from just about every requisite component that contributes to that ability. We can't see how it's brain works, but the physical, anatomical, biomechanical and potentially even the genetic attributes are there. The FOXP2 gene has been linked to human ability to form words and affects the brain function controling articulators.

Guest Transformer

hyoid bone. They clearly have one.

Trans

You think wiki has a complete list of all existing linguists? Really?

No but I thought it would be a good place to start. That is why I asked the question: Where is/was Mr. (Dr.?) Nelson's last academic institution? Any particular reason that you did not answer the question yourself Kings Canyon? Since you obviously know and accept Mr. (Dr.?) Nelson's qualifications as a Linguist I am sure you must know the answer to my question.

Trans. I do? I know and accept his Nelson's whatever? And that is clear to you? From what? I never mentioned him on this thread.

I believed they talked before I heard of him. Trust me, they can talk.

There are reports of hearing talking, and I recall one hunters saw a big'n scolding a little one, as well.

As a bilingual English/Japanese speaker, I love the notion that Bigfoot is suspected to speak anything resembling Japanese whatsoever, and should I ever come face to face with Bigfoot, I will try Japanese first.

3 free plusses to whomever can figure out what Bigfoot is saying here...

"Paul is dead"?

"What the blank?"

"Who's yer daddy?"

"I can haz cheezeburger?"

"who's on first?"

"corporations are people?"

"can I get a witness?"

"who cut the cheese?"

"spare change?"

p.

Tried to give you one for effort, but FuriousGeorge has won my last green Smartie for the day. I would say, "I can haz cheezeburger?" is about as close as you got, except for the cheesburger part.

What AlanParsonsfoot was saying was... ç§ã¯å°‘ã—ニンニクを食ã¹ã¦ã‚‚ã„ã„ã‹ï¼Ÿ ...or romanized to "watashi wa sukoshi ninniku o tabete mo ii ka?"

Which when said in English is basically "I can haz garlic?"

BFF Patron

I have heard the prosody and intonations of a non-human language uttered from these beings. Moreover, I have recorded it on several occasions, at least one snippet is posted up on Stan Courtney's guest sounds page under my screen-name here and there (bipedalist).