Can Bigfoot Speak?

Guest Twilight Fan

Guest Transformer

The curriculum vitae of Scott Nelson can be seen here:

http://www.nabigfoot...otlanguage.html

He is a navy code-breaker and that is his only qualification? That is no qualification at all to do what he is claiming to do.

I hope that I can get my Linquist friend to offer her oppinion or at least one of her colleagues.

BFF Patron

Do what you "need" to do. Bigfoot still speaks......... :bye:

He is a navy code-breaker and that is his only qualification? That is no qualification at all to do what he is claiming to do.

I hope that I can get my Linquist friend to offer her oppinion or at least one of her colleagues.

Maybe you can convince her to review the the sounds and offer her professional opinion. It would help us if she furnished a copy of her CV too.

• Upvote 1

He was a Navy linguist and voice transcriptionist, he breaks down spoken words into phonemes. That was his training and thats what he did with the Sierra Sounds. His work would be stronger with the help of a phoneticist who could quantify his interpretations through spectrographic analyses, but there is other elements of a true language that are common ground between different fields of speech analysis.

Maybe bigfoot can speak. However, maybe we're unable to understand what it would say to us.

BFF Patron

In such a case, we then move to the other half dozen threads established on BF language.......

There's got to be a syllabary there somewhere...... :you:

I hope I don't ramble too much here but...

Attributing paranormal reasons to living animal behavior as a way to explain what we don't understand is like making a god effigy, out of sticks and vines in the forest, after seeing an airplane that just flew overhead for the very first time. Explaining one mystery with another mystery is the first sign of duping oneself. Start with known, commonly accepted reasoning before going down the path of the evil genii.

Who was it that came up with the reasoning behind drowning women thought to be witches... And if they lived then the devil was inside of them, protecting them so should be burned at the stake, since drowning didn't work. If they died from being underwater than they were not possessed, they were mortal.

If an observed animal has characteristics similar to known animals, assume that it would be informative to use the known animals behavior to explain some of the observations of the unknown animal.

A mystery specimun of a beetle is most likely going to have many of the same types of behaviors to that of a known genus. I don't think it that much of a stretch for someone who has studied a primate species for any length of time to come away and see the very same behaviors in another primate species. Factoring in different environments, resources, and competition strategies, an orangutan behaves similarly to a chimpanzee under a given situation. Complex ecology requires a deeper study... But even with the deepest of studies, there has never ever been a documented case of telecommunications, telekinetics, mind reading... It is simply mumbo jumbo, things that go bump in the night...

Tool use, the manipulation of the environment through the recognition, acquiring, fabrication, storing and subsequent improvement on objects, external to one's own body, that will increase reach, leverage, strength, competitive advantage, resource acquisition, or offspring potential can be found in many animals. This means we have to develop a rating system, differentiating simplistic tool use to that of more complex ones to further understand the complexities of those who devise and use them. Using a tall straight stick to steady a traverse across unsteady ground is called a walking stick when discussing humans, a cane when we are injured or infirm. What do we call it when a gorilla uses it when crossing a stream or pond of water? Is it the same when a chimp, running down a path, when trying to slow its speed at a hidden turn, uses a live tree at the paths edge to hold on to and arc it's travel direction. It took quite a bit of eye hand leg coordination in judging if the live tree would be close and strong enough to support the chimps weight. The chimp may even have been aware that at speed it's body had additional inertia to deal with, they understand this when swinging in the trees. How much different is this than the gorilla spying a floating stick, picking it up and using it for support while walking partially submerged? See anything paranormal with either of those lines of questioning or reasoning?

Now let's consider Bigfoot. Anybody got a story about Bigfoot using a stick of some kind?

Edited by damndirtyape

Do Bigfoot speak? I am convinced they do. I have heard them while out in their habitat. I have listened to recordings that I am convinced are non human language from a remote location at night. I have recorded whispers in close proximity to a recording device.

BFF Patron

I hope I don't ramble too much here but...

Attributing paranormal reasons to living animal behavior as a way to explain what we don't understand is like making a god effigy, out of sticks and vines in the forest, after seeing an airplane that just flew overhead for the very first time. Explaining one mystery with another mystery is the first sign of duping oneself. Start with known, commonly accepted reasoning before going down the path of the evil genii.............................

Now let's consider Bigfoot. Anybody got a story about Bigfoot using a stick of some kind?

So let me summarize. You think BF is an ape that can't speak? Right?

We know they whoop, roar, scream/yell, whistle/screech, etc. They've been known to woodknock and push over trees and run faster than Olympic sprinters on two legs.

Back to the OP, what's so paranormal about their possible use of phonemes/morphemes or a primitive language even?

As to stories, sticks and BF.

Yes, I can provide stories but I'd prefer to show pictures of layouts and manipulations and some appeared or were added to overnight. Shoot me a PM with an email if this was a serious request.....

If this post is all sarcasm..... never mind.

......Start with known, commonly accepted reasoning.......

Hominids learned to talk...

Humans are hominids....

Humans know when they hear speech, because they use it everyday....

There is nothing paranormal about speaking...

Therefore .... If an observed animal has characteristics similar to known animals, assume that it would be informative to use the known animals behavior to explain some of the observations of the unknown animal.

Guest CT Seeker

There is a TON of available videos on Youtube where linguistic researchers break down captured audio of what is beleived to be BF speaking. They break down the audio completely and in their opinions they say it is in fact a language we are hearing and the audio clips' high and low ends are outside of a human's ability to make sound. And the speech pattern is also much faster. Here's a link to Scott Nelson and Ron Morehead discussing this a bit.

I checked the list of Linguists available on Wiki (not the best of resources of course but a good start) https://en.wikipedia...st_of_linguists and could not Find Mr. (Dr.?) Nelson's name because Iwas hoping to put him in touch with a Linguist friend of mine who is pretty astonished about his claims.

Does anyone know where Mr. (Dr.?) Nelson's last academic position was? Thank you.

Methinks it's because he's not a linguist in the traditional sense of the word. He was a crypto-linguist, a military translator with a very high security clearance, working in a sensitive environment, intercepting and/or transcribing foreign targets speaking primarily Russian, Spanish, or Persian.

His supporters like to gnash their teeth and wail when I point that out, but I've yet to see an actual linguist support his work.

RayG

Guest BFSleuth

Perhaps someone can enlighten us on why a linguist is better than a crypto-linguist for doing this research? I'm not sure I follow the distinction. Seems like he is building a database of phonemes and frequencies, etc. Is there something about his efforts that are incorrect? I would love to know how a linguist might approach this differently than Scott Nelson.

Well my view on the subject is directly related to my view of bigfoot which is skeptical optimism. You see I think, "IF sasquatch exist, can they speak?" My thoughs would be no as far as anything that would mean anything to humans. I'd think it'd be more like the kind of vocalizations and communication we hear and see from the great apes. There are those among us who have heard things. For them the question is seemingly answered. For the rest of us not blessed with the experience of seeing such a creature we have to leave it in the, "we don't know," catagory.

A crypto-linguist is someone in the military who is trained to communicate in another specific language, like Russian. He's a linguist in the same sense as my daughter, because she became fluent in French.

Unless crypto-linguist training has changed significantly over the past couple decades though, neither Nelson nor my daughter were trained in the broader study of the form, meaning, and context of language.

A true linguist studies the science of language, not just one or two specific languages.

RayG