Can Bigfoot Speak?

Guest Twilight Fan

In his v e r y long interview by Joe Grogan on Vimeo, Bobo Fay said that there has been a breakthrough re bf talk, Sierra sounds, and they are now being translated by military translators. Whoa! i hope that's true. Cool.

Guest Transformer

Why would military translators be involved in sounds that have not even been found to be beyond the ability of humans to make? :lol:

BFF Patron

Possibly because they are in a language never decoded before? ;)

Guest Peter O.

It would not be possible to decode a completely unknown and unrelated language. A Rosetta Stone (not the courseware but an actual stone ;) ) was required to learn ancient Egyptian. BF would have to teach us its language.

Guest hoosiersquatch

I believe that they can and do speak, although sparingly. If this creature is as elusive and weary of human contact as many believe, then it would best suit him to avoid speaking as much as possible to avoid detection. That may account for the methods of communication such as knocks and imitated animal calls. They would use these methods to avoid contact from outsiders that they don't want. I'm not a linguist, by any stretch of the imagination, but the vocalizations that I've heard pass the ear test. The Sierra sounds, to me, are some sort of a conversation taking place between different individuals. What do you all think of Freeman Young's belief of their communication through eye shine?

BFF Patron

...What do you all think of Freeman Young's belief of their communication through eye shine?

Can you link to this theory?

Guest Twilight Fan

^OMG, yes!! I swear to god I thought I was the only person who knew about this. It was on tv a while ago and struck me as the oddest encounter story with Bigfoot I'd ever heard!

^I personally think that woman is lying. I also find it strange that some Russian researcher compared her to Jane Goodall. I was blown away by the stupidity of some people.

Guest Twilight Fan

I can't say if she was lying or not, it's not my place because I wasn't there. But I did get a phony vibe from her..

Come on man.....it's obvious. How on Earth would an apeman learn English? There are no schools in the woods. Also, if the thing was here before Europeans arrived, then the only language it should be speaking, if at all, would be some Aboriginal Language. Even that is going too far because they don't live with people and I doubt it has vocal chords similar to humans if it is real. Lastly, I don't think cloves of garlic are native to North America though I could be wrong. Everything about this story is just wrong and some person taking her seriously, is an insult to real science.

This is an interesting topic. I am a former Marine Corps cryptologic linguist myself. I must admit that I never thought that would come into play on this forum. I attended DLI for Persian Farsi and did 3 tours the sandbox myself as well as 2 trips to NSA, so it is very likely that he and I know some of the the same people. The Navy/Marine cryptologic (CT in Navy terms) field has always been very small. His name is not an uncommon one, but I seem to remember hearing it before back in the days when I was part of that community.

I can't speak with any intelligence about the nature of this target language, but I have been through the exact same training pipeline as Mr. Nelson (DLI, Goodfellow AFB in San Angelo, TX. That was where I proposed to my wife of 19 years, and later NSA) and can vouch for the quality of that training. That training is extremely thorough and exacting. Cryptologic linguists are not eggheads for the most part, but theater-based assets that are trained to interpret and analyze both clear and coded communcations from their target. It is an extremely practical, hands-on field (at least that was my personal experience with it) and I am now very interested to hear what this gentleman has to say. Upon reading that myself, I would like to amend the above. There are not many Marine Corps eggheads in that field, but there were a few I knew in the Navy....

I reviewed the link with his background and the first thing I looked at was the list of the ships he served on to see if we were ever on the same ship. That does not seem to be the case but virtuall all linguists in the Gulf in the 80s-90s spent at least some time aboard the LaSalle. I am tempted to contact this gentleman to see if we have any mutual acquaintances.

Guest Transformer

Possibly because they are in a language never decoded before? ;)

Why assume that the new language is anything other than human produced? And, as was pointed out - you cannot decode a language that you have no knowledge of so the whole story is just another story that people like to imagine is real.

This is an interesting topic. I am a former Marine Corps cryptologic linguist myself. I must admit that I never thought that would come into play on this forum. I attended DLI for Persian Farsi and did 3 tours the sandbox myself as well as 2 trips to NSA, so it is very likely that he and I know some of the the same people. The Navy/Marine cryptologic (CT in Navy terms) field has always been very small. His name is not an uncommon one, but I seem to remember hearing it before back in the days when I was part of that community.

I can't speak with any intelligence about the nature of this target language, but I have been through the exact same training pipeline as Mr. Nelson (DLI, Goodfellow AFB in San Angelo, TX. That was where I proposed to my wife of 19 years, and later NSA) and can vouch for the quality of that training. That training is extremely thorough and exacting. Cryptologic linguists are not eggheads for the most part, but theater-based assets that are trained to interpret and analyze both clear and coded communcations from their target. It is an extremely practical, hands-on field (at least that was my personal experience with it) and I am now very interested to hear what this gentleman has to say. Upon reading that myself, I would like to amend the above. There are not many Marine Corps eggheads in that field, but there were a few I knew in the Navy....

I reviewed the link with his background and the first thing I looked at was the list of the ships he served on to see if we were ever on the same ship. That does not seem to be the case but virtuall all linguists in the Gulf in the 80s-90s spent at least some time aboard the LaSalle. I am tempted to contact this gentleman to see if we have any mutual acquaintances.

Welcome to the forum! It is exciting to have a person with your knowledge and expertise on board. Even though I am not an American (I'm Canadian) I do thank you for helping make the world a safer place for all those who want to live in peaceful freedom.

If you don't mind I would like to ask you a few questions.

What training do you have in the discovery and analysis of an entirley new language? Not a code, but a language. Perhaps you could start us out with a little education on how a person with your training would be able to confidently recognize a totally foreign and unknown language with no resemblence to anything human and then start interpreting it. Thank you!

BFF Patron

....Why assume that the new language is anything other than human produced? And, as was pointed out - you cannot decode a language that you have no knowledge of so the whole story is just another story that people like to imagine is real.

Simply because my research has allowed me to move beyond assumption that is why.

I don't have to ASSUME anything about BF language, for reasons that should be quite obvious.

The only thing that I must assume is that they speak for some purpose. They use language-like utterances that sound almost "backward-like" at times, at other times they use simple utterances/grunts which are nonphonetic and at will produce animalistic sounds that are imitative of many woodland creatures, esp. common birds at times of the evening that are improbable if not impossible in the setting, locale and circumstances experienced.

Beg your pardon but there are most certainly elements of language including prosody, time, meter, inflection that are universally decodable, to name a few.

Edited by bipedalist