Can Bigfoot Speak?

Guest Twilight Fan

"Welcome to the forum! It is exciting to have a person with your knowledge and expertise on board. Even though I am not an American (I'm Canadian) I do thank you for helping make the world a safer place for all those who want to live in peaceful freedom.

If you don't mind I would like to ask you a few questions.

What training do you have in the discovery and analysis of an entirley new language? Not a code, but a language. Perhaps you could start us out with a little education on how a person with your training would be able to confidently recognize a totally foreign and unknown language with no resemblence to anything human and then start interpreting it. Thank you!"

Those are some interesting, if loaded, questions. My training was in Persian Farsi (Iranian for those scoring at home. I have some Arabic, but not much), specifically in the interception, translation, decoding and analysis of those communications. Breaking codes is fascinating work, but doesn't play out like the movies would have the casual observer believe. Any code created by a man can be broken by a man once the analyst finds the key. Then breaking the entire code is inevitable assuming the proper application of technique and resources. Machine codes cannot be broken as there are far too many variables. There have been some notable Rainman-esque exceptions in history but those are very few and far between.

My work did not involve unknown languages, but codes for extant languages meant to keep the messages secret from those (like myself) listening to them. It may seem that an encoded language and a new language are the same thing when such is certainly not the case. It would be an interesting challenge to break an unknown language with no relation to any existing languages. It would seem that many of the principles might apply.

I will be observing Mr. Nelson's efforts from afar and am very curious to see what conclusions, if any, he reaches. I am in no way criticizing his efforts. On the contrary, I think that his body of work would seem to make him a sound choice for this line of speculation and inquiry.

Regards,

I had one say hello to me, swear to God.

I am not going to take questions like it could have been a person, etc. So, it's a private video.

I am messing with the camera, making squeaky noises, there is a canal making watery noises, the wind in the trees, and road traffic not 100 feet away, so it's hard to make out the sounds, but you can hear the voice. Maybe someone with specialized experience or training can bring the word out better, but I cannot.

If someone wants to mess around with it for purposes of improving that audio portion, PM me, and I will send the link to it on Youtube. It's at about 0:47 of a one-minute video. I think I have two other vids with sounds of interest, as well.

Edited by Kings Canyon

Interesting. The only advice I'd give to you if you want someone to listen to something for you to get the best possible, unbiased, opinion is to never tell them what you think you heard. Let them listen themselves and come back to you with their own opinion. The results might surprise you.

I will be observing Mr. Nelson's efforts from afar and am very curious to see what conclusions, if any, he reaches. I am in no way criticizing his efforts. On the contrary, I think that his body of work would seem to make him a sound choice for this line of speculation and inquiry.

Regards,

Welcome to the forum JRoy!

I worked with 'crypto' linguists for nearly nine full years, and even worked as a 'crypto' linguist myself for a few months (Russian), so I'm dubious of any claims by someone using their training/qualifications as a 'crypto' linguist to produce a "Sasquatch Phonetic Alphabet (SPA)" or make any pronouncements about an unknown/sasquatch language.

Given your background, what crypto-linguist training or qualifications do you think Mr. Nelson possesses that would allow him to intercept, analyze, and decode the unknown language of sasquatch speech?

RayG

Hey, Ray. Thanks for the welcome. I have been lurking for a long time, but only rarely chime in on the forums.

I have made no claims regarding any Sasquatch Phonetic Alphabet (SPA) either as supporter or as skeptic. I have stated that the cryptologic training is thorough and intensive, and mine certainly was. I was never trained in any unknown language, but in an existing language and it is a given that Mr. Nelson received the same or very similar training during his military service. That training provides practical insights into language not available to laymen. I cannot speak for the rest of his pedigree, but it seems he has an extensive background in related disciplines.

I don't claim to know anything, one way or the other, about Sasquatch language. The idea of decyphering a brand new language is a fascinating one from a professional viewpoint. I am curious as to how much of cryptologic training might apply to such an endeavor, but there seem to be many parallels.

A person with Mr. Nelson's credentials should be on the short list of people tapped for such an effort. It would seem to prudent to engage the services of several professionals in related fields to address this subject.

V/R

Guest J Sasq Doe

There were reports that sasquatch speaks in the Douglas dialect. A dialect of the Salish natives, near Harrison Lake in BC.

Guest Transformer

"Welcome to the forum! It is exciting to have a person with your knowledge and expertise on board. Even though I am not an American (I'm Canadian) I do thank you for helping make the world a safer place for all those who want to live in peaceful freedom.

If you don't mind I would like to ask you a few questions.

What training do you have in the discovery and analysis of an entirley new language? Not a code, but a language. Perhaps you could start us out with a little education on how a person with your training would be able to confidently recognize a totally foreign and unknown language with no resemblence to anything human and then start interpreting it. Thank you!"

Those are some interesting, if loaded, questions. My training was in Persian Farsi (Iranian for those scoring at home. I have some Arabic, but not much), specifically in the interception, translation, decoding and analysis of those communications. Breaking codes is fascinating work, but doesn't play out like the movies would have the casual observer believe. Any code created by a man can be broken by a man once the analyst finds the key. Then breaking the entire code is inevitable assuming the proper application of technique and resources. Machine codes cannot be broken as there are far too many variables. There have been some notable Rainman-esque exceptions in history but those are very few and far between.

My work did not involve unknown languages, but codes for extant languages meant to keep the messages secret from those (like myself) listening to them. It may seem that an encoded language and a new language are the same thing when such is certainly not the case. It would be an interesting challenge to break an unknown language with no relation to any existing languages. It would seem that many of the principles might apply.

Regards,

Thank you for your answer!

I believe your training was intensive and your work incredibly valuable but I believe your military training has not prepared you in any way to recognize, categorize, breakdown, or make any claims regarding the meaning of any language heretofor unknown to mankind. You cannot decode a language if you cannot understand a language. Period. As far as Mr. Nelson's "body of work" what makes you think any of it will be useful?

R.Scott Nelson's Curriculum Vitae:

Retired from the U.S. Navy as a Crypto-Linguist with over 30 years experience in Foreign Language and Linguistics, including the collection, transcription, analysis and reporting of voice communications.

He is a two time graduate of the U.S. Navy Cryptologic Voice Transcription School (Russian and Spanish) and has logged thousands of hours of voice transcription in his target languages as well as in Persian. He is currently teaching Russian, Spanish, Persian, Philosophy and Comparative Religions at Wentworth College in Missouri.

http://www.bigfootso...scottnelson.asp

Edited by Transformer

You are dismissing someone's work, before you have seen it, based on their Curriculum Vitae?

spell check

Edited by indiefoot

indiefoot:

First question. What do you see in his CV that indicates he has the ability to decipher an unknown language?

Second question: Have you ever worked with military linguists or as a military linguist?

Third question: If you accept his work, what are you basing it on?

RayG

Edited by RayG

Those are all very good and relevant questions, Ray. If not someone trained in multiple languages, and codes, and the decyphering thereof...what qualifications would make one better suited for that sort of effort?

If I were to assemble a team to decypher some unknown language, the first thing I would start with would be experts in existing languages, because...there are no experts in languages that do not exist, except in terms of codes.

V/R

How can I dismiss or accept his work before I've seen it, he is working on it now is he not?

By having some experience in or knowledge of the relevant field.

It's not like his work is being kept secret:

http://www.nabigfoot...otlanguage.html

http://squatchwatch....t-language.html

http://www.bigfootso...r-scott-nelson/

http://www.bigfootlu...ired-naval.html

http://bigfooteviden...pert-scott.html

RayG