Bigfoot And Trains

GCBRO has a page on their website marked "Media" and if you scroll to the last entry it is an interesting recording from an engineer on a freight train. This was in Blair, Nebraska and he is quite compelling as he talks to a dispatcher about a bigfoot on the right of way (railroad language for "tracks").

Excellent, Stan ! Bet that was a shocker. Look forward to hearing more details, and my hat's off .. for listening to your witness, and getting the incident recorded.

edited to add

Edited by imonacan

HMM.... I sometimes think of things from a slightly different angle- try this one on for size...

Your the Engineer, sitting in a locomotive slowly building up speed as you exit a populated area.

As you look in the mirror, you see a couple of hundred yards back, an approximate 8 foot tall, hairy "beast" leap up into the space between cars... Cars, that are connected, cars that terminate at the locomotive..... :o

Do the doors on a locomotive lock ? I know I'd sure as hell want to know right away.. its not like you can "drive away" from a problem behind you on a train !

Guest Jodie

There is a very good camp fire story that Rusty Wilson wrote based on a true strory of a hobo and train engineer being harrassed by trail riding sasquatch. The engineer abandons the train to wreck supposedly killing the sasquatch in that story and both he and the hobo jump off before it crashes. It would be interesting to get the less exaggerated version of the story from Rusty if he can remember the details.

Edited by Jodie

I'd bet the bank they've seen it done by hobo sapiens and gave it a try themselves. Monkey see monkey do.

Edit: secondary thought here. Maybe they mistook the hobo as one it's kind and figured....

Edited by WesT

Guest Bipedal Ape

This is a stretch. Bigfoots supposedly stay away from all manmade things such as trail cams and they "shun electronics" - Ketchum.

...But they will jump on board what is unquestionably man made tech (if they are intelligent enough to jump on they are intelligent enough to work out its made by humans). Not to mention they are noisy and fast, not very inviting for a squatch to jump on, and they are intelligent enough to stay out of view of humans but would risk something as crazy as this.

Heck Biped, they allegedly come into suburban america, peek in windows, lick vehicles, take road kill out of the back of running trucks....it's not TOO awful long of a stretch.

I mean, nothing in the world of the BF phenomenon really surprises me any more.

Guest Bipedal Ape

Cotter, it seems bigfoots can do anything, and if something they can do then contradicts something else they do then theres always an excuse or explanation at the ready :)

Next thing you know, somebody "believable" is going to see one wearing overalls & smoking.

I can hardly wait! B)

• Upvote 1

This is a stretch. Bigfoots supposedly stay away from all manmade things such as trail cams and they "shun electronics" - Ketchum.

...But they will jump on board what is unquestionably man made tech (if they are intelligent enough to jump on they are intelligent enough to work out its made by humans). Not to mention they are noisy and fast, not very inviting for a squatch to jump on, and they are intelligent enough to stay out of view of humans but would risk something as crazy as this.

I assumed this entire thread was a joke, you mean this is a serious claim?

Guest Bipedal Ape

I have no idea, it is hard to distinguish the jokes from the serious claims, as they are getting so ridiculous.

BFF Patron

I'd bet the bank they've seen it done by hobo sapiens and gave it a try themselves. Monkey see monkey do.

Edit: secondary thought here. Maybe they mistook the hobo as one it's kind and figured....

Second hobo to first already entrained: elbows his bud already boarded in the TM/OM position, hey bud scoot over, you're taking up half the car....man, you got a major deodorant failure..... where you headed? Hoboken?

First hobo: snort, growl, whoop....... snark..... slaps the bottom of the car...knock...

Second hobo: ok, man I got a monster headache from that last bottle of MD20.20 can you lighten up on the snorts, growls, whoops and knocks...... tell you what, I got an extra smoke here if you can settle.... (hands smelly first hobo a short butted filterless cig.)

First hobo: reaches hand out, palms the lit smoke without demonstrable pain, ...

Second hobo: hey man what's that burning; first hobo quickly draws in deeply for about 20 seconds..waits 5 seconds then lets out a screeching siren-like call....... half coyote/half barred-owl...

Second hobo: easy dude, hands to ear and forehead simultaneously: hey man, your hairy hands are on fire? what the huh..... you got more than a deodorant problem..... when's the last time you showered and shaved, and had your throat looked at man?

First hobo: powerful grunt.....

Second hobo: hey, you ain't a hobo..... you're a hairee..... takes a flying leap out of the box car....

Edited by bipedalist