Bigfoot And Trains

Am enjoying this thread for somewhat frivolous personal reasons. Have been, more or less lifelong, keenly interested in things cryptozoological; and also, a keen railway enthusiast. A pair of extremely nerdy interests which at times has had trendy, cool-dude-ish associates of mine, regarding me as beyond-despicable and past-praying-for. The conjunction here of the two has me feeling, oddly, kind of vindicated...

Guest Dudlow

B) Makes me think of the PNW cripple foot castings being found so far apart from each other. I wonder if a rail line would more or less connect the two locations.

- Dudlow

BFF Patron

Yep, probably "spike-foot" from working on the railroad alright.....

Guest Dudlow

B) This notion of BF riding trains raises issues. Do they hop on and off only for short rides? Do they generally know where they are going over longer rides? Is this phenomenon and knowledge of how to ride the rails restricted to that specific shunting yard location in Illinois? How wide spread is this knowledge among BF? Does this suggest BF might fall asleep and go past his stop, from time to time, forcing him to grab a cab back?

- Dudlow

Guest Jodie

I more or less asked the same things in chat the other night Dudlow. Stan said the furry thing he saw looked pretty relaxed.

Edited by Jodie

Guest Dudlow

B) I know from reading the early research books by John Green that BF were not intimidated by large road building and logging machines and liked to get up on them and play around on them, back in the 50s in Oregon, Washington and northern California. But these machines were shut down for the night, silent and not moving when Squatchy ventured on to them.

Moving trains, on the other hand, represent an entirely different level of deliberate interaction with the apparatus of humanity. Trains are huge moving machines that make a substantial roar of noise when operating. So, while the idea of messing around with trains should not come as a surprise to me, the deliberate and somewhat brave foray into interaction with giant moving machines in full operation suggests a whole new level of deliberate BF contact with the world of man that I must now contemplate.

Now that I think about it, I really want to know how long this has been going on.

Does this translate as daring on their part or have they been so habituated to man's machinery over the years that they think nothing of utilizing it for their own purposes; either as entertainment or as a functional aid in their own transportation requirements?

- Dudlow

Edited by Dudlow

Guest BFSleuth

Perhaps they are searching for Jacko.... after all, the last time they saw him he went on a train....

Guest Dudlow

B) Yes, I did consider the Jacko episode, 'BFSleuth'. If memory serves me, he was found unconscious at the side of a track just below a small cliff. I know the speculation at the time was that he must have fallen from above and knocked himself out below on the track, but perhaps the reverse was true, as you suggest, Jacko being a rider on the train before he knocked himself out getting off. Hmmm...

- Dudlow

BFF Patron

Maybe Jacko hit the "club car" a little too hard on the prior passenger train, and missed a step down before being found.......