Bigfoot And Trains

So how would you be convinced?

1) Find bigfoot riding a train.

2) Photograph bigfoot riding the train.

3) Stop train.

4) Shoot and kill bigfoot.

5) Curate carcass in a museum, analyze it, and publish paper demonstrating that it is a new species.

6) Publish analysis demonstrating that the bigfoot collected was the one photographed on the train.

I would accept 1-6 as proof that bigfoots exist, and that they ride trains.

Guest FuriousGeorge

Taking the subway is the best way to avoid the Midtown crowds.

How about the bullet trains? Think of the time saved from point A to B.

Trains lol I'm trying to picture it and it's not happening.

Is there one proponent that says no to this hteory. Please,.... just one so I can believe in bigfoot once again.

Guest Tontar

Won't be long before they are riding planes too!

2856933940100752951S425x425Q85.jpg

If they can hop trains, they ought to be able to hop planes as well.

Seriously, though, there is so much reality to suspend to allow for all of the various sightings. First of all, bigfoots are supposed to be instinctively SO wary of humans that they have evolved an amazing capacity for eluding human contact. But on the other hand, they hop trains that who knows, might speed them directly into the heart of New York City! Secondly, what in the world would a bigfoot need to hop a train for anyway? Really, what would they be thinking?

Compile all the various bigfoot behaviors and characteristics, and you have the most unbelievable mish mash of a creature. The world champion of incomprehensibility.

Is there one proponent that says no to this hteory. Please,.... just one so I can believe in bigfoot once again.

Ok, no , they just like the noise for cover, and to feel the wind in that hair...... ;)

I don't believe it.

Guest spurfoot

1) Find bigfoot riding a train.

2) Photograph bigfoot riding the train.

3) Stop train.

4) Shoot and kill bigfoot.

5) Curate carcass in a museum, analyze it, and publish paper demonstrating that it is a new species.

6) Publish analysis demonstrating that the bigfoot collected was the one photographed on the train.

I would accept 1-6 as proof that bigfoots exist, and that they ride trains.

Saskeptic, I feel compelled to chide you for your violent disposition for proving that bigfoot rides trains. Here is a better way:

1) Find bigfoot riding train.

2) The conductor asks him for his ticket.

3) If a ticket is produced, courteously ask him to introduce himself to Saskeptic for live examination and documentation.

4) If no ticket is produced, ask the police to arrest him, then take him in handcuffs to Saskeptic for live examination and documentation.

5) Have Saskeptic's head examined to prove that he is not hallucinating.

6) Arrest Saskeptic for practicing a medical examination without a license.

7) In jail Saskeptic writes a paper, submits it to Nature.

8) The paper is rejected because it is written on jailhouse letter heading.

9) The bigfoot and the psychiatrist get together and write a more acceptable paper.

I'm sure you will agree this is a much more peaceful way to conduct business. All in fun Saskeptic, no disrespect intended.

Edited by spurfoot

There is a camera at pretty much EVERY rail/street crossing in the country. If the 'Foot' is riding on the back of flatbed cargo haulers, then it would have been picked up by those cameras. Unless it gets off before every camera, sneaks through the woods and neighborhoods, around the camera, then hops the next train and continues it's journey.

Cost/Benefit analysis.

The Benefits of riding a train: low energy expenditure, 50-60mph travel speed, campfires and Dinty Moore stew, folk singing around the fire.

The Costs: Extremely high risk of death or serious injury, Animals probably don't know when to get off of a train, so they end up in the train depot in the middle of Rock Island or Chicago, A BF can already move 30 mph, and can arrive right at it's destination, WHAT IF IT FALLS ASLEEP? And misses the slow curve just outside of Joliet for a quick exit into the crappy habitat of Northern Illinois?

Here is the Hobo code, maybe Hairyman can check these out, and tell us which one represents "BIGFOOT HERE"

hobo2.gif

hobo.gif

From http://www.acontinuo.../the-hobo-code/

Edited by MikeG
Obscenity removed

Guest FuriousGeorge

Ok, no , they just like the noise for cover, and to feel the wind in that hair...... ;)

haha lol

Now when I picture it, bf is wearing an engineer cap, pumping his fist, saying "chugga chugga woo-wooo".

I don't believe it.

Okay thanks Arizona.

There is a camera at pretty much EVERY rail/street crossing in the country. If the 'Foot' is riding on the back of flatbed cargo haulers, then it would have been picked up by those cameras.

Maybe it has been picked up by one of those cameras. Does the train stop at each crossing, for a portrait.. or is the train in motion ?). How good of resolution are the photos of a moving platform ? Do they even take a photo of every part of the moving train ? Where does these rail crossing photos go to for analysis, and what are the purpose of the photos (to monitor the activities of hobos ?) ? Would they send the photos of a man in a fur coat, directly to the BFF or JREF for discussion ?

I think we need a qualified person that actually works with these (so called) photos , to comment.

Anyway, who really gives a rats ass if any of you believe it could happen, or has happened.. or not ?

I wonder how much easier this rumored behavior would be in Canada where the freights are increasingly being run by remote control with no humans on board...

Guest Tontar

Why would it be easier with remote control trains? Jumping trains is a fairly advanced behavior, with a purpose behind it. Most imagined behaviors and characteristics tend to happen, and then later when questions start getting asked, theories need to be developed to support such things. Like the mid-tarsal break. Hmmm, we have these funny footprints, we need to construct a theory to support them. So, with this supposed train hopping behavior, it sounds like the idea of train hopping now needs a fairly elaborate scheme to make it seem completely reasonable for bigfoots to be hopping trains like hobos.

I don't see how remote controlling trains would make the purpose for hopping trains any more feasible, or really how the detection of hobo-squatches would be any different. Trains have to slow down and stop at various intervals, and there are often or usually people and some sort of civilization at those places. Squatches hopping off of trains should be noticeable to someone, eh? How do squatches know which trains to get on to avoid ending up downtown somewhere?