Time To Capture Bf

Guest drtracr

Guest drtracr

I want the elevated hight for several reasons. Don't want him reaching in and grabbing me, better sight, better shooting, out of his line of sight. Like a deer stand, you can see much better if you are up higher. I like the salmon idea, will keep that in mind.

Hasn't this been done before? Attempted? You can't catch it.... If it's not there. By all means though..... I hope you do.

Hasn't this been done before? Attempted? You can't catch it.... If it's not there. By all means though..... I hope you do.

Oh, come on........you're no fun............skeptics make good partners when on these expeditions.....................when BF comes around for the bait, skeptics are pushed out of the station to hand feed BF chunks of fresh salmon. After fainting, we rescue them. Trial by fire and now we have a firm believer. Do you thinks the eye witnesses on this forum are kidding?

Long term habituation seems like the best option here. Years of building up some sort of trust. I just don't think these creatures will get within a few hundred yards of any of these boxes etc.

Hmmmm, What I think...... Probably to harsh to post. I'm just not happy because i havn't experianced it yet..... And I'm not getting any younger.

If you build it.... They will come......

I'm really for long term habituation and believe that would work best. I believe there is a clan of BF out there who may be ready to begin some type of communication, on a long term basis with us littlefeet.

From the angle of actively capturing one though, I believe it would be a dangerous mission needing the planning of an experienced team of military/ex and trackers.

Would need a team of say six experienced recon soldiers prepared to spend SERIOUS time in the bush. They would try and initiate any type of contact, even a sighting, so they can begin pursuing the BF. Now here's the key, they would need to then radio in a crew on standbye with a chopper and another team on board to intersect the fleeing BF.

Goes without saying that this type of encounter would end in a fire-fight and casualties, thus I wouldn't endorse it.

It would work though...

Guest drtracr

George had activity with in a week or less. Military style in my opinion is way to busy. I Think they will simply stay ahead of the search party. The only weakness I see is curiosity., so have to use it.

As far as hasen't this been done before, if so I don't know about it. Have read about several simliar tries but not this exact deal.

Guest bobali

Delta Zu;

I agree. It would probably work but most of us wouldn't like the result. Could you come up with a less bloodshed method. I think that a couple of ex-seals or similar could probably locate even a BF group home location if there were any that wanted to bad enough. Rounding up such a bunch would be another feasible method that hasn't been tried. If such a location could be found, it would be time for observation with no tranquilizers, or nets. I have talked with several ex-special service people and they wouldn't talk much about what they had actually done, but they impressed me that they would have the ability and patience. The ex-seal that I knew best told only about an extended period of staying under water and breathing through a straw while doing reconisence in Vietnam.

bobali

Guest BFSleuth

I'm curious, has anyone at a habituation site gifted alcoholic beverages? There is some historical and folk tale references to their taste for liquor and its involvement with captures. If I recall correctly a BF drank a "barrel of vodka" in Russia.

If they do have a taste for alcohol and if it were possible to slip a Rufi in it... perhaps the net and dart wouldn't be necessary. Of course, the downside would be if he's a mean drunk... :( !!!

I'm really for long term habituation and believe that would work best. I believe there is a clan of BF out there who may be ready to begin some type of communication, on a long term basis with us littlefeet.

I like this approach. Get BF on video and just watch them from the elevated trailer or box.

If the darting method is used, then how does one load up a BF if others are nearby and angry? This could turn into a massacre. Then of course an expensive trailer cage is needed. The state will probably intervene and confiscate BF citing some game law.

Hmmmm, What I think...... Probably to harsh to post. I'm just not happy because i havn't experianced it yet..... And I'm not getting any younger.

I feel the same way but if they are there is just a matter of time before another is brought into captivity. One of the first brought in was Jacko back in the 1800's.

I'm going to say I agree with bobali here. I think there is still much hostility and I'm going to have to go with something a wise woman taught me long ago, "If you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all."

Genuine apologies in advance to the OP, but I can't shake the feeling that we're being trolled on an epic scale. Hopefully, and most likely, I'm wrong. It just all seems too over-the-top for my tastes (very reminiscent of some plans I formulated back in 7th grade study hall), as if we're being tested to see how outlandish a plan can be before we say, "OK, this is getting a bit too silly". Of course, I do admit to the possibility that I am just too jaded.

If this plan is all on the level, then I wish the OP nothing but good luck, although I must admit to not holding out much hope for the plan's success. No offence implied or intended, just being honest.

Guest bobali

Ghuda;

The time it would take to build such a structure bothers me when I consider the likelihood of scaring off BF. I also think the ladder should be retracted/retractable.

Bobali

Colossus;

What does the "warn status" mean on my posts?

bobali

BFF Patron

So is this to be a diurnal or nocturnal operation?

From final stage of planning and preliminary staging to readiness to "pull the trigger" so to speak...... how many days, weeks?

What will be the season for operationalizing? Why?