Time To Capture Bf

Guest drtracr

Do we not think Sasquatch will avoid a giant metal box in the air that suddenly appears one day after humans whom they've most likely never encountered showed up and were messing around in the area?

Id avoid that and Sasquatch is probably smarter then me on its home turf.

Guest Jodie

Here is a couple of existing threads for you to read. I think that's why you got the response that you did, it's a rerun x 10.

http://bigfootforums.com/index.php?/topic/12149-kill-a-bigfoot-or-capture-one-for-proof-a-better-non-lethal-way/page__hl__capture__

http://bigfootforums.com/index.php?/topic/2531-how-would-you-capture-or-kill-a-sasquatch/page__hl__capture_

Always good to use the search function before starting a topic and add to an existing thread.

Edited by Jodie

I think where any group or organization is going to burn the most time, money and manpower will be in the initial stage of their operation when they are trying to decide where to go to set up shop. The only way that can be done is by sifting through the observation reports for recent and credible cluster sightings. The key here is the credibility of the witness and that's where a lot of ground time will be spent trying to determine if the sightings are legit or misidentification or an attempt to gain attention by the reporting party. You wouldn't even want to begin to incur the cost of moving a team into the woods for a prolonged stay unless there was a high probability of success based on credible and recent sightings.

The curosity part is good and being high up will help. BF is going to be watching you set up if it lives in the area and will figure out somethings up unless you look like typical campers. As Jody said the waiting time could be a few weeks and I'm thinking more like 6 months or move locations every month. Why not just use an 18' camp trailer and hoist it up in the air so you can cook, use the bathroom and be comfortable? BF doesn't mind smells and noise and seems to drawn in by it. Play music and munch on food left around the camp. Put another trailer on the ground as the decoy and have it manned..........or personed. Bf likes to look in windows and bash on the side of trailers. Now you need bait and use salmon in a cooler on ice with a nice one laying on top. Forget the nets, since BF is too fast and smart.............just dart the ol' boy.

A BF pushed on the side of my daughters camp trailer. It was pissed since we probably camped on its nocturnal path for water.

Guest bobali

georgerm;

Your idea about the raised trailer is worth consideration. I would put a tougher skin on it though. There would have to be something to discourage the BF from climbing up the hydrolic legs or messing with the guy wires. A shocking device is the first to come to mind. A secure metal box would have to have a/c where the trailer could open barred windows. The door should be reinforced as well. Keep the good ideas coming

bobali

Bobali,

A simpler, more cost-effective, and reliable option to prevent BF tampering with the trailer would be 3 heavy caliber repeating firearms. That would also obviate the need for cumbersome tranquilizer calculations on the fly. Here is how I imagine that would look as you're being charged by an enraged sasquatch:

2dv7ekz.jpg

Not good.

Edited by Bonehead74

Guest bobali

JDL;

This is not my area to say yes or no, but I would hope not. It will be shakey enough being elevated as it is. I would guess that it would be tethered somewhere on site at ground level.

bobali

Guest drtracr

Nets not tethered. Jodie, the tranquilzers are just to calm him down AFTER he is caught, not as a means of catching him. This is by no means like those posts.

George, how long was your daughters camper in the woods, doubt it was months. I assume you set it up and he came that night.

Wouldnt a slight higher version of this be better? If money wasnt an issue, I would build one of these bad boys 20 or so feet up. Deck it out with cameras and all the bells and whistles for watching, heck may even put a two way mirror in a panel under so you can just sit inside and look down. Enough rations for a month or so, then just hunker down and wait.

*edit* If i was really rich 3 or 4 of these spread out with teams of 2 in each one.

/dreams

treehouse-gallery.jpg

Edited by Ghuda

Ghuda, the tree fort is really neat and would work well in a habituation site.

Nets not tethered. Jodie, the tranquilzers are just to calm him down AFTER he is caught, not as a means of catching him. This is by no means like those posts.

George, how long was your daughters camper in the woods, doubt it was months. I assume you set it up and he came that night.

We were there a week.

You really don't need the height. There is a half looney fellow who sleeps in his van up in the Southern Oregon hills, and he tells me the BFs come around sometimes. He leaves smoked salmon out for them and they don't bother him in his van. They hang around outside and chatter.

I tried this one night but couldn't sleep a wink since the idea of a BF looking in my window was too freaky. I like the elevated idea shown below.

This is an idea for a bait station.

post-447-0-22913500-1333379446_thumb.jpg

post-447-0-88252800-1333379611_thumb.jpg