Bigfoot Society - What Is It Like?

Guest Twilight Fan

Guest Twilight Fan

Hypothetical question: If Bigfoots live in groups, clans or tribes like certain other great apes, what do you think their life would be like - their society? Also, would they have any unique customs, heiarchy, rules? etc.

Guest thermalman

Good question. To add, would the alpha male have numerous females or just one?

Edited by thermalman

Guest Twilight Fan

Speaking of gender, I wonder if Bigfoot is a male-dominated society? Do males have many females, and fight for dominence? Or like bonobos, do females rule the roost? Another thing to consider: Are Bigfoot groups nomadic? Do they wander from place to place or stay within a decided range?

Guest Darrell

That is if you assume that they utilize the same traits as great apes and not as proto humans which could probably be significanly different.

SSR Team

Plenty of Alpha Males in Human society Darrell. ;)

Guest poignant

Size difference in male and females are correlated to courtship and selection. The larger the male, the more likely it is polygamous.

I've heard before that the size of a primates' testicles are also correlated to how monogamous or polygamous the species is, with larger gonads indicating greater polygamy.

I speak as a lay person having overdosed on wildlife documentaries growing up. Correct me if I'm mistaken.

Guest BFSleuth

It seems that most sighting reports of family groups have a male, female, and one or two juveniles. I'm not aware of sighting reports with more than 4 in a group. Has anyone seen reports of more than 4?

Native Americans indicate that they infrequently will come together into larger meetings, I think in mid summer (one such legend or story originates near Harrison Hot Springs). If so it may be a time for mates to find one another.

Guest Kerchak

"" I'm not aware of sighting reports with more than 4 in a group. Has anyone seen reports of more than 4?""

The famous Muchalat Harry story?

It seems that most sighting reports of family groups have a male, female, and one or two juveniles. I'm not aware of sighting reports with more than 4 in a group. Has anyone seen reports of more than 4?

Native Americans indicate that they infrequently will come together into larger meetings, I think in mid summer (one such legend or story originates near Harrison Hot Springs). If so it may be a time for mates to find one another.

Dr Ketchums report of seeing a group of 5 on her lease in Texas.

SSR Team

They old one's must have been at it like Rabbits aye Sasfoot ?? ;)

Guest MikeG
I have seen a group of seven. Two adults, two babies, & three children.

In the open, at the same time?

I only ask to eliminate the possibility that you might have seen the same animal more than once, and counted it as 2 in error. If the light was good enough to make an assessment of the numbers like this, was it good enough to get a photo?

Mike

All in the open on the night of a full moon with a good night vision device. And yes, it was good enough to get video.

A few nights before that, I had seen one adult & three children walking kind of spread out side by side, in almost the same place.

Guest BFSleuth

"" I'm not aware of sighting reports with more than 4 in a group. Has anyone seen reports of more than 4?""

The famous Muchalat Harry story?

Thanks for pointing that out, he's the guy who was kidnapped for a day and later his hair turned white. About 20 sasquatches of all ages, sexes, and sizes in a group.