Bigfoot Society - What Is It Like?

Guest Twilight Fan

The point here is that those who make a claim must be willing and able to prove the claim upon request, otherwise, please refrain from making said claim.

You mean you want to shut the forum down on the basis there is no proof of the claim of seeing a bigfoot?

Guest poignant

Those are your words, not mine. You are appealing to ridicule. Within context of the discussion, a claim here refers to those with recorded picture or footage for example: video of a group of BFs.

Get it right: claimed sightings with no recordings - we only have eyewitness testimony to go with, can't ask for more.

Claimed sightings WITH recording - well, a man's gotta ask, no?

By the way, I'm a proponent for the existence of bf, but it doesn't mean I leave logic and empathy at the door.

You should also "get" that opinions on the authenticity of a photo of a subject to which there is no established and known physical parameters given by anonymous people on a forum whom enjoy a contentious discussion are not destined to settle on the issue of what proof is concerning the unknown.

So don't ask for proof. Ask for evidence. Get that straight.

• Upvote 1

Guest TexasTracker

Southern,

Do you frequently hit the woods here in Tx & if so, are you totally independant of any other organized groups.

You can PM me if you'd rather stay private.

Cliff G

Having a firm notion of what bigfoot is and does and looks like is premature. We don't know yet.

Think about it: bigfoot sighting reports are investigated, and the investigators have ways to winnow out the liars and psychos. How? They ask the same question repeatedly, paraphrasing the question and spacing those out in the interview. They look for authentic details, goose bumps, demeanor, eye contact, and so on. At least that is how I understand it.

Because a photo is ultimately no proof and maybe not even much evidence, don't even ask. The problem isn't their reluctance to share, it's your insistence on it.

I did it again. I take so long to put together a post that it ends up coming out in some draft phase and I cannot even edit it anymore. ^ Ugh. Sorry.

Bigfoot society: Based on my wide reading and my intuition:

I have read of them having sports games....where did I read that, like team tug o war sort of, I think.....with families watching. Maybe a Rusty Wilson story.

Communication by vocalizations, talking, knocking, clacking, etc. They laugh, so maybe make jokes, certainly have a sense of humor.

Family living. Monogamy and polygamy both. Nuclear family but also larger local tribes/groups. Children taught manners and safety and etc.

Those who harm others or endanger the group are cast out, and killed if seen again.

Afraid of thunder and lightning, I will bet. But like rain. Worship trees? Knowledgeable in woods lore and can make or do almost anything using natural materials but you will never notice it.

Behavior-challenged squatches are eventually cast out as a danger to the rest--they are dispassionate in these decisions and do not let sentiment sway them. The outcasts are the ones who are or become the bad seeds.

Elderly are cared for, carried around, lifted into trees, etc. -Think of that night time video from...crud...with the two sasquatches helping along an older one....? Flashlight shining on them from behind as they walk up a wooded slope? Babies loved, children loved and watched and disciplined. family values.

Pecking order...big strong fellas, those wise in strategy, other skills probably rank. Females valued and protected, and when older are viewed as wise and even holy.

More like man or like ape society? I'd say right in between. Like man's in many ways, but like a primate's in that natural forces are more of a factor.

Southern,

Do you frequently hit the woods here in Tx & if so, are you totally independant of any other organized groups.

You can PM me if you'd rather stay private.

Cliff G

I have a small group of associates and we consider ourselves independent researchers. We hit the field about 7-8 times a year, typically weekend camping trips with a focused method. Most outings are in Tx. or La.. We collectively record, and document our field findings which are shared on our website at the link in my sig line.

Leave feedback for us if you like.

I can't say that I think an animal has a culture. So i would not say BF has a culture any more than a Gibbon or a Slow Loris. My cats are fairly sociable, intelligent, like to live in small groups but have zero culture.