Bigfoot Society - What Is It Like?

Guest Twilight Fan

It seems that most sighting reports of family groups have a male, female, and one or two juveniles. I'm not aware of sighting reports with more than 4 in a group. Has anyone seen reports of more than 4?

I recall reading an account, somewhere, of four Indians who were exploring an island off the coast of British Columbia in the 1890s, who poked their heads over a steep ridgetop, and observed what appeared to be an entire village of bigfoots, 300 or so (complete with huts). According to the account, the Indians were spotted by the bigfoots, who took off after them; the Indians raced down to their boat, which was beached on a river at the foot of the ridge, got into it and paddled away furiously downstream as the enraged bigfoots hurled boulders at them. They barely go away with their lives.

Native Americans indicate that they infrequently will come together into larger meetings, I think in mid summer (one such legend or story originates near Harrison Hot Springs). If so it may be a time for mates to find one another.

Maybe bigfoots have cotillion! That would be something to see. :lol:

Edited by Savage30L

Guest Darrell

Plenty of Alpha Males in Human society Darrell. ;)

I was responding to the first question not the second. Maybe should have noted that.

All in the open on the night of a full moon with a good night vision device. And yes, it was good enough to get video.

Cool, and that video is where?

Hypothetical question: If Bigfoots live in groups, clans or tribes like certain other great apes,

An honest question here, what apes (including humans) don't live in groups? I can't think of any.

Edited by Rockape

Guest Twilight Fan

An honest question here, what apes (including humans) don't live in groups? I can't think of any.

Orangutans are solitary big apes. They live alone in the forest, not within a group of any kind.

Orangutans are solitary big apes. They live alone in the forest, not within a group of any kind.

I thought that there were some adult males Orangutans who live apart from the group, but generally stay in close proximity to the rest, who stay in groups.

Not trying to argue here mind you, I just don't know.

Guest Twilight Fan

The below description is taken from EnchantedLearning.com - All About Orangutans...

Orangutans are shy, solitary animals that are active during the day (they are diurnal). They live alone in large territories. This is probably due to their eating habits; they need a large area in order to get enough food and too many orangutans in one area might lead to starvation.

The below description is taken from EnchantedLearning.com - All About Orangutans...

Orangutans are shy, solitary animals that are active during the day (they are diurnal). They live alone in large territories. This is probably due to their eating habits; they need a large area in order to get enough food and too many orangutans in one area might lead to starvation.

OK, thanks.

Guest JiggyPotamus

I would be willing to bet that any culture sasquatch maintain is similar to Native American culture. I think this because I believe it is likely that thousands upon thousands of years ago they lived side by side. But even if they didn't, given the curious nature of sasquatch, it is probably safe to assume they observed Native American practices for quite a long time, and then adopted some of those practices into their own lives.

The NA did this with the sasquatch, so why not the other way around? And I'm sure that the sasquatch observed them much more than the other way around. One problem I feel I face is that I cannot figure out why the two groups eventually split, if they did live in relative closeness. I suppose that the most logical explanation is that some rift would have separated one generation of the two groups, which simply never got back together. This is giving sasquatch real human qualities though, because it seems they could have imposed their will upon a tribe of indians had they wanted to. Very intriguing to think about in my opinion.

It is easy to guess that I feel the majority of these animals live in groups, most likely among relatives. The most logical explanation, coupled with what I think I know of the animals, the larger groups are probably immediate family. What puzzles me is that I don't think there are alpha males in the sense of other animals. Since families are often seen together, it stands to reason that a male doesn't go around impregnating multiple females. Rather it seems as if they mate for life, as other animals are known to do.

I would be willing to bet that there is a courtship period, given their social structure. A single female with children, in the absence of a male, would probably live with her parents, if they were alive. If her male counterpart were dead, maybe she would live with her in-laws. See the pattern I am talking about regarding immediate family? For me this is the most likely explanation for what people see. I would also be willing to bet that two males will vie for the same female, but rather than attempting to impress the female or win her over, the two males will fight somewhere away from everyone else.

I think that most solitary sasquatch are probably males without a mate, if they never associate with other sasquatch. It is possible that solitary sightings are of sasquatch who are just temporarily away from their families as well, and this is probably the case the majority of the time. I wonder how long males will stay with their parents. Until they get a mate maybe, but if they do not acquire a companion, would they stay with their parents for life? I don't really have an opinion in that instance.

I mentioned that sasquatch culture may have similarities and parallels to NA culture, but I don't know if they would go as far as living in tribes. I don't think this is a choice that they make however, but rather it is dictated by food supply. So many large animals in one area would deplete their resources relatively quickly, therefore they split up. If this is the reason they don't mimic the indians, then I think there is a good chance they would want to maintain some type of interaction with other sasquatch via social gatherings. As long as they have the ability to communicate ideas, and distinguish space and time and abstract ideas, these gatherings are possible. But it would have to be between sasquatch from a relatively small area, compared to all sasquatch across the US and Canada. I doubt that the bigfoot distinguish between the US and Canada though, lol, so the Canadian bigfoot doesn't know it's Canadian, nor does the American bigfoot know it's American. I suppose since North America is a continent though, that they are both American, but you know what I mean. Stupid bigfoots...never distinguishing between international or state boundaries.

And again, none of this is fact. Well, it may be, but we have no way of knowing. These ideas are just my best guesses based on what little knowledge I have. Other people may have better ideas...People who have observed them on multiple occasions, or people who have pieced together the available data in a better manner...

I think anyone's guess is as good as another. I think Sergeant Schultz was right.

Edited by Incorrigible1

Had an interesting conversation not long ago with a mate who is a vet with a personal interest in Orangutans. Long story short about how orangutans raised as babies in groups by a shelter (even think there is Animal Planet show about them?) Having been raised that way prefer to stay as a group as they get older and actually stress if left alone. Despite being naturally solitary animals they, on their own, developed a "clan" hierarchy and shared food.

I wont go into detail about our conversation but it was along the lines of wether or not this could be considered a "culture".

I would like to imagine BF to be at least smarter than the known great apes, if so then its not too much of a strech to think that family groups would be a rare sighting because they are looking out for young and avoid any other "threat" species.

Would love to know if its the biggest, mature young male as in Gorillas or the oldest female as in Elephants.

Guest shoot1

you'd rather not share them?

I'd like to know why someone wouldn't share video like that, assuming it wasn't just "blobsquatch" quality. You *can* share anonymously if that's an issue.

I'd like to know why someone wouldn't share video like that, assuming it wasn't just "blobsquatch" quality.

Perhaps "someone" has observed how things went when others publicly "shared" their pics & videos, & doesn't care to put up with the aggravation. That doesn't mean that they haven't been shared, it means that they have been selectively shared.

OntarioSquatch: There was no bragging involved. I was explaining to MikeG (from post 13) how I knew it wasn't 7 pictures of one individual.