Bigfoot Society - What Is It Like?

Guest Twilight Fan

Guest poignant

Just some thoughts: I think it should be discouraged or banned behavior to claim that one has photos/videos but thereafter claim unwillingness or inability to share.

If it's been 'selectively shared' then best to keep it private to those who have received it. Rather not know about them if there was no intention of it being shared with me or the public. Logically, it is somewhat self-defeating and contradictory if "avoiding attention and aggravation" was an original goal.

I can understand reservations with sharing footage, but surely one can understand why I'd rather not hear about it. :blind:

*edited to sound less inflammatory*

Edited by poignant

Well, perhaps you could suggest that to the steering committee, & see if you can get things changed to suit you a little better.

I was told long ago that if I was planning to hang around here, I'd need to get a thick skin & learn to deal with being told things that I don't particularly like to hear. It got pretty thick, but if yours doesn't, the ignore button can make your life much more pleasant.

• Upvote 1

Guest poignant

Civilly and respectfully, it's not about me really, it's about reducing the amount of quackery and ill-logic in the bigfooting world.

Say there's a claim to have proof, but there is a refusal to share, citing avoidance of aggravation/negative publicity. Yet there's already aggravation/piqued interests/raised hopes/publicity amongst the public the moment the claim was made. A bit of reflexive thinking would perhaps give one an idea of how contradictory that sounds.

My life is quite pleasant thank you. My world hasn't turned upside-down because people make claims that go unsubstantiated, but it's not going to stop me from at least asking for some proof, failing which, calling them out on it.

Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

BFF Patron
...Civilly and respectfully, it's not about me really, it's about reducing the amount of quackery and ill-logic in the bigfooting world.

They'll have to inbreed and hybridize those out of Bigfootery obviously; I ain't holding my breath! :fie:

But really, at least some small modicum of common sense can be applied by what is known and documented as scientific fact already (in terms of comparrison animal behaviours) and what would most likely be pure fantasy?

I think it should be discouraged or banned behavior/ Rather not know about them/I'd rather not hear about it.

Civilly and respectfully, it's not about me really,

Who IS it about, then?

Guest poignant

Who is in charge of what is quackery and ill-logical and what is not? I can't remember.

No one of course, but some of us can detect folly from miles away.

Guest BFSleuth

The issue of claiming to have video that won't be released to the general public is well noted. In the future, according to BFF guidelines for exceptional claims requiring exceptional evidence, I encourage members to be more circumspect if they have evidence that they do not wish to share in the open forum.

The topic of this thread is to speculate about what BF society (or community structure) might be like. While there is a dearth of hard evidence, the original post of this thread had the intent to speculate about what we might know based on incomplete available information.

Let's back away from personal accusations and get back to discussion of the point of this thread.

Folly hey, I would be one who has seen one of Sasfooty's vids, she does have some. So get your detector fixed. The one I saw wouldn't offer you any resolution to this mystery, but she does have the equipment she says she has to take the videos. I know the researcher who she shared with and he shared it with me years ago. I've also collected similar evidence to hers that falls into the strangness department, so I do remain open and objective to what she has to say.

Guest OntarioSquatch

There was this one report I remember of people seeing bigfoot in Mexico. I'm not sure if there's any truth to it. Actually, I don't think there was any truth to it.

Edited by OntarioSquatch

Guest poignant

Folly hey, I would be one who has seen one of Sasfooty's vids, she does have some. So get your detector fixed. The one I saw wouldn't offer you any resolution to this mystery, but she does have the equipment she says she has to take the videos. I know the researcher who she shared with and he shared it with me years ago. I've also collected similar evidence to hers that falls into the strangness department, so I do remain open and objective to what she has to say.

Good for you southernyahoo - you have direct and non-vicarious material to base your views on. Unfortunately not all of us here are privy to the video, so all we have to work on is heresay. You coming forward adds credibility to Sasfooty's claim, but that is entirely beside the point. The point here is that those who make a claim must be willing and able to prove the claim upon request, otherwise, please refrain from making said claim.

Thank you BFSleuth for noting the points of post #31. I will start another thread later tonight so as not to derail this one.

The point here is that those who make a claim must be willing and able to prove the claim upon request, otherwise, please refrain from making said claim.

No one has been able to prove a claim yet, so that pretty much shuts down the converstion.

I suspect we will find that the BF society is very complex and whatever codes they have in place for behavior are rigidly enforced, otherwise they would have been cataloged long ago. Without very strong control, rebellious youngsters would have done themselves in. Just a thought.

Edited by indiefoot