Conspiracy Theory And Bigfoot

AaronD

I always find it amusing when people claim to encounter wolves in places where wolves should not be and attempt to "back up" their claim with some kind of superior ability to identify these species reliably in the field. From what I've read, gray wolves and coyotes in some areas hybridize rather frequently, and hybridization with coyotes is a major obstacle to gaining serious traction on reintroduction of red wolves in the Southeast. There's also a decent case to be made that "red wolf" is some kind of clinal variant along a continuum of gray wolf/coyote (and backcrosses) hybrids. The point: these three "species" are not reproductively isolated. Some individuals in regional populations can be reliably identified but other likely cannot.

Moral: if you see something that looks like a wolf, that doesn't mean it's not a coyote. Photograph it, and share with your state wildlife agency and USFWS officials. If there are wolves running atound places that the USFWS doesn't know about, then they're really going to want to know about it!

Coonbo buddy, that's a whole mess of squatches you've seen or otherwise experienced. The only thing that makes me doubt more that someone's seen a bigfoot one time is when someone claims to have seen a bigfoot more than one time. I mean, how many lynx have you seen? How many wolverines? How many Worm-eating Warblers? How many small-whorled pogonias? Aren't you a little suspicious that your apparent good fortune in finding bigfoots isn't shared by other folks who have been at this just as long as you have?

Exactly. If he could teach us his research strategy, this mystery would be solved!

Squatches ever migrate to Mexico or desert areas? Might be a bit hot for a fur covered "person", just wondering...

Aaron there have been many reports of bf in desert or semi arid comditions. One that sticks out in my mind is of a military base with tunnels that bf would wander into and be caught on the bases closed circuit security camers, I can't remember specifics but I'm sure a google search would turn it up.

Ok, so BF have been caught on camera in military bases, yet the military won't talk about it??? Fishy!

. . . life does what it does and where it does despite the stories that we humans make up.

"Aye, there's the rub."

Without corroborating evidence, anecdotal accounts from folks like you and Coonbo are indistinguishable from fireside tales, made up whole cloth. They're also indistinguishable from honest misidentifications of non-bigfooty things people might experience in the woods.

"Your eyes can deceive you: Don't trust them."

For those two reasons alone, I'm quite comfortable thanking people for sharing their stories (Coonbo's were entertaining for sure), but I'll not be putting any stock in the veracity at the heart of the claims. For folks going out bigfootin', please do remember to have a camera at the ready in case you get a chance to photograph one of the danged things. I've always got one with me, just in case.

"Aye, there's the rub."

Without corroborating evidence, anecdotal accounts from folks like you and Coonbo are indistinguishable from fireside tales, made up whole cloth.

"Your eyes can deceive you: Don't trust them."

I really do wish my eyes had been deceiving me. But I was too close and there was too much light for that to happen. As far as making it up, all I can tell you is that the idea of 'BF does not exist' is the story that is made up.

We all know the problems of trying to prove BF- this site is based on that discussion! But if it ever works out that life throws you the curve ball that forces you to change your opinion (as that is precisely what it is) then you will know what I mean when I say that it does not matter what you think, all that can go out the window when you are confronted with the reality. I've often wished I had somehow managed to take a photo, but from what I have seen on this site its pretty obvious that it would not have mattered. There will always be someone to try to take it apart, and I think that will continue to be true even if the gov't or other respected body finally announced that BF was real based on 'real evidence'. People would still doubt it- that is the nature of cognitive dissonance, our ability to hang on to made up stories even in the face of a possibly dangerous truth (perhaps, *because* of the possibly dangerous truth...).

• Upvote 1

BFF Patron

Just wait salubrious, the next ploy is the hallucinations, delusions, mental illness, hypnagogic sleep or highway hypnosis arguments for your sighting, I've been down this road and around the block. Think about it, what better way for those government officials or skeptical apologists in the know to continue to deflate the sightings of others. It is all very predictable. Check out the Matthew Johnson Oregon Caves sightings thread if you don't believe me (if its not in archives).

Edited by bipedalist

Guest MikeG

Coonbo.

In the top right hand corner of every page you view on the forum, close to your name and the sign-out button, is an envelope symbol. Under that symbol will be a red number. That is the number of personal messages waiting for you.

Please click on the envelope and respond to my messages.

Thanks

Mike

Hope everyone had a great 4th of July. I posted a few pics on the 4th of July thread in campfire chat. So, Coonbo, anything new?

Just wait salubrious, the next ploy is the hallucinations, delusions, mental illness, hypnagogic sleep or highway hypnosis arguments for your sighting, I've been down this road and around the block.

I don't have to wait for that. Its been suggested many times. But I don't smoke, drink, do drugs, etc. Not that any of that matters of course :)

Not unless an extreme case of obliviation...hey my encounter happened when I was in the soberin' up process and I don't mind saying it.

Edited by MikeG
......Please don't quote the preceding post

This is a strange report that reaks with conspiracy. What do you make of it?

To his surprise, an Air Force medical officer, a colonel, was waiting for him there. Fort Lewis is a U.S. Army military base with no ties with the Air Force, so why the presence of this full-bird Air Force colonel there? He couldn't say. The usual thing would have been for the regular medical staff in the base hospital to attend him. This man was not from the hospital's medical staff. The officer debriefed thoroughly him on the incident and made a complete medical and physical exam to him. While examining him he kept asking at what distance he was from the creature when he shot at it, on the creature's description, if he felt a tingling sensation or had a sore throat, headaches, if a rash had developed on his skin — and other things. The Air Force medical officer apparently knew what to ask. It was obvious to Godoy that he was looking for specific symptoms — and answers — but symptoms and answers to what?

http://www.bigfootencounters.com/sbs/ftlewis1.htm

I just wanted to point out that McChord AFB (as it was called in the 70s) is about 5 minutes from Ft. Lewis, so it's not that strange in itself. Interesting story though!

Guest BFSleuth

The weird part of the Ft. Lewis story posted by geotherm is the blood, and the manner that the military was treating the blood.

"Later, heading to his room, he was approached by L. Robles, a Puerto Rican soldier who was commissioned in the hospital's lab. Robles asked Godoy what was it he had shot. Godoy said he was not allowed to discuss the matter and Robles insisted on asking. He asked Robles why was it so important for him to know. Robles answered: "I, together with two other guys, had to analyze the blood samples taken from the ground, and we know you are the soldier involved because it was stated as such in the report... And you know? It's crazy, but... what the hell was it you shot out there? When we examined the blood samples we found out three weird things in it... That blood contained human blood cells, animal blood cells...and chlorophyll. Man, that's incredible! What the hell was it?"

This story is from the late 1970's, so I'm not sure how far developed DNA science may have been for them to determine whether the blood contained "human cells, animal cells, and chlorophyll"... anyone with knowledge of the state of the art back then care to wade in on that?

I have never been one to spend a lot of time thinking about cover ups etc. However I recently was privy to deal with a report that smacked of "suppression", as in the witness's where strongly urged not to share their story, or their pictures with anyone else. The witness's felt the government representatives where annoyed at the fact that the pictures had already been put into the digital realm of the net, for safe keeping and copyright reasons.

This is one of those cases where the witness's are a hundred percent reliable, and their evidence was startling, so it really caught my eye that they where being discouraged from sharing, or exposing it.