Conspiracy Theory And Bigfoot

AaronD

The weird part of the Ft. Lewis story posted by geotherm is the blood, and the manner that the military was treating the blood.

"Later, heading to his room, he was approached by L. Robles, a Puerto Rican soldier who was commissioned in the hospital's lab. Robles asked Godoy what was it he had shot. Godoy said he was not allowed to discuss the matter and Robles insisted on asking. He asked Robles why was it so important for him to know. Robles answered: "I, together with two other guys, had to analyze the blood samples taken from the ground, and we know you are the soldier involved because it was stated as such in the report... And you know? It's crazy, but... what the hell was it you shot out there? When we examined the blood samples we found out three weird things in it... That blood contained human blood cells, animal blood cells...and chlorophyll. Man, that's incredible! What the hell was it?"

This story is from the late 1970's, so I'm not sure how far developed DNA science may have been for them to determine whether the blood contained "human cells, animal cells, and chlorophyll"... anyone with knowledge of the state of the art back then care to wade in on that?

I'm pretty sure that this story is pure fiction. I say this having been stationed at Ft. Lewis from '83 to '87 and having had an encounter myself there.

Edited by JDL

Guest BFSleuth

Yes, it is very possible it is pure fiction, or at least diluted fiction (ie. there may be some elements of truth).

BFF Patron

Wasn't there a science fiction novel or movie with a chlorophyl-based circulatory system alien? Where did I imagine that?

Southernyahoo, if your scenario is an accurate account then the remaining identity in the blood sample was human, which would be what the beast actually was then, yes?

• 2 weeks later...
Admin

Aaron there have been many reports of bf in desert or semi arid comditions. One that sticks out in my mind is of a military base with tunnels that bf would wander into and be caught on the bases closed circuit security camers, I can't remember specifics but I'm sure a google search would turn it up.

Edwards AFB - the story is, or at least was, on the Bigfoot Encounters site.

Coonbo - What is your personal opinion on the stories told of the Beast of LBL (Jan what's her name has several)?

UPDATE - Jan Thompson and some of her stories can be found here: http://www.searchingforbigfoot.com/The_Beast_Of_LBL

Finally, while not a conspiracy as such, it is another small piece in the puzzle. The following is an old report that used to be on the BFRO. I do not know why they removed it. Unfortunately, it is not on the Wayback Machine either. So this may be the only internet record of it. I was copying some old paper reports into electronic form and came across this recently. It is interesting and does indicate that park rangers do know what they are dealing with.

This occurred in December 1998 on Chincoteague Island, VA:

It was the third week of December and the first week of Sika deer hunting. My brother and I were scheduled to hunt Thursday and Friday. On Wednesday during our one hour orientation the group of hunters were given the standard orientation not to shoot squirrels, turkey, whitetail deer, be cautious of the miniature horses, etc. The only game allowed to hunt is Sika deer. In closing the orientation we were also told that there was a sighting on the island and not to be alarmed or shoot at it. I asked, "Shoot at what?" They responded that it was sighted several times and it was black and the matter was under investigation. My brother asked if it was a bear or possibly a wild hog. The park rangers said no, but they could not speculate on what it was. Now one thing I know is these people are very thorough and they are open about giving information. Hunters in VA are not afraid of bears or hogs because we hunt them. I asked if the animal that they were referring to can stand on hind legs or be seen upright. You could hear a pin drop when I said that and I got an eerie chill that I hit the nail on the head. They said no, but the look on their faces told otherwise. I heard a hunter say after the orientation in the parking lot that the Monday/Tuesday group of hunters were uneasy leaving the park and one said that he was glad to be out of there. Most hunters love this hunt and I know that even when we have not bagged a deer in the two days we still have fun. This was the start of a two day hunt that my excitement turned into a cautious, uneasy trek.

On the island somewhere along the marshes near the dense pine forest edge. Not sure of the exact location.

I will never forget the next day as we were in the woods ½ hour before light. That is the legal time to be in the woods. I do not know if I was fully concentrating on deer because I felt like I was being constantly watched. Maybe I have seen one too many scary movies, but I really think people can sense these things. Although I never spotted anything, I did come across a bedding area that was very unpleasant to my nose and I cannot explain that. My brother said that he did spot something black going into the edge of the woods but it was too dark to tell.

I believe that there were possibly a ½ dozen reported sightings by anywhere from four to eight hunters and a couple of tourists. There are people constantly coming to the island to see the miniature horses. I know the park rangers are not telling us everything they know. I have never seen such a thing in my life.

Edited by VAfooter
  • Upvote 1

BFF Patron

Hey nice report VAFooter (btw thanks for your service on steering comm. too). I would have never believed in a mid-Atlantic BF growing up, wonder why they posted up such a warning? (assuming it is a verified true story).

BF would have done a bit of swimming to be out on Chincoteague or they are good at bridge crossings I guess.

Admin

BP, it was my pleasure and honor to serve on the SC. Very enjoyable and important work.

As with all BF reports, one assumes that the report is real unless there is verifiable evidence to the contrary (unless one is a skeptic...). While CI is not the normal habitat of BF, it is possible I suppose. I have been there and a solitary individual could find plenty of food sources and relative privacy once they got away from the south and north ends of the island. The water is shallow enough that they could wade across in a lot of places. Delmarva has just enough forest areas to make one think, "...not probable, but it does look possible....hmmmmm." I would guess that any BF found on Chincoteague would only be there for the short term and most likely passing through.

Edited by VAfooter