I Want To Believe

Guest Twilight Fan

Guest Twilight Fan

I really do. But sadly, I am a skeptic. Unlike many skeptics who seem proud of their suspicious nature, I feel the opposite about mine. I DON'T want to be skeptical. I want to believe in the hairy men of the forest and see them for myself. I want to make contact with them...but how?

If anyone has had personal experience making contact...peaceful contact...would you mind sharing any stories? Is there anything that (you've found) attracts them moreso than other things? (I.e. specific food offering / joyful emotions / laughter / music)?

I just want to meet a Bigfoot. Does anyone know how I can?

Guest Yeti1974

I guess I'm on the flip side in a way. I want to see one, I'm happy for people that HAVE seen one, but for me just knowing that they're there is cool enough for me.

Guest OntarioSquatch

I feel the same way. There are so many questions on them that I wish can be answered, but it doesn't seem practical right now. I also wish I can one day see one for myself that way I will know for sure they exist and it's not just a bunch of pixels on my screen. I think some of us are lucky enough to live in areas where there is a lot of activity, but even then I don't think it will be easy to see one. It seems to almost always happen at random.

Just going to add my two cents.

Before my encounter, I hadn't heard ANYTHING that sounded like what Sasquatch is supposed to be. It'll be a simple stroke of luck if you see one.

The only way that I see fit to increase you chances is too A) Camp in sighting hotspots as much and as long as you can B ) Try techniques (both proven and non proven) that would entice a Sasquatch to respond or come near and C) hope for the best.

Edited by Austin M.

I really do. But sadly, I am a skeptic. Unlike many skeptics who seem proud of their suspicious nature, I feel the opposite about mine. I DON'T want to be skeptical. I want to believe in the hairy men of the forest and see them for myself.

I don't feel sad at all to be skeptical. It is too bad, however, that there is no reliable evidence of Bigfoot. How cool would it be if there were?

In any case, I understand your sentiment and I've made us a flag...

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_HRiGgliTOzc/TG2QSAI4FbI/AAAAAAAAC-0/BM0NSiTdwDY/s1600/I+Want+to+Believe+Bigfoot.jpg

• Upvote 1

I also want to believe. And certainly have at certain points in time. I personally know people, who are reputable and intelligent, that have allegedly seen them. My grand father (a real mountain man) found tracks in a very remote part of BC over 50 years ago - long before the Bigfoot pop culture was booming.

BUT, the overall evidence is sadly lacking. Prints can be hoaxed or simply misinterpreted. Eye witness testimony, no matter the quality of the witness, is always third rate evidence. Other than the hotly contested PGF film, the photographic and film evidence is nothing short of inconclusive, littered with obvious hoaxes or, at best, blobsquatches. I would like to think with more people looking for them and with advances in technology, that should have changed by now. But it hasn't, as far as we know unless you believe the Erickson project is hoarding all the goods. And that is most suspicious. And while we now are promised evidence of a supposed Sasquatch kill and supporting DNA, we still have what we've always had. And that's squat.

I want to believe. And think it's possible that they could exist. There are still ample food supply and wild spaces for a creature of this size. Further, consider that they have evolved alongside us, are highly intelligent, and, importantly, motivated to stay away from us. And, certainly, that's what any intelligent species ought to do. Think about it, is there any living species on earth that has benefited from our existence? So if you were intelligent enough to observe this, staying out of the way of the city dwelling humans would not be so hard. And it is even possible that there may have been skeletal remains uncovered at various points, by those not expecting to find Bigfoot bones, and are now left to gather dust somewhere misidentified as partial Native Amercian remains. So all of these things are possible. A lot more possible than some things that many take as articles of faith. At this point, I'll believe in Bigfoot before God, but right now, I'm agnostic on both...

Guest MikeG

I don't want to believe, I want to have facts. I avoid belief (assertion without evidence) like the plague.

Whilst we're waiting for facts, I'll allow myself hope, or even expectation.........but never belief.

Mike

Guest Twilight Fan
Think about it, is there any living species on earth that has benefited from our existence?

Dogs and cats pop to mind. Humans created them, more or less, from wolves and wild species of cats. I know there are bad people who do bad things to cats and dogs, but most of us love our pets and treat them better than other people sometimes! At least in America. Without us they'd be lost to fend for themselves, so we benefit at LEAST these breeds.

But back to Bigfoot...agnostic is a good term. I don't fully believe or fully dis-believe. I'm on the fence too. Maybe the Bigfoots have learned that technology = bad. So they stay away from it....somehow? It's a possibility.

Guest Strick

Kitakaze: nice flag!

I too want to believe in Bigfoot, but am the kind of person who doesn't believe in anything unless I've got empirical evidence or believe my sources are absolutely infallible.

I really don't understand why my interest in Bigfoot remains so keen despite the fact that we never really seem to get anywhere and, when you've been around the block a few years, you see the same dodgy evidence re-presented as fact and the same obvious hoaxes offered in a slightly different form for a new generation to consume. I suppose it's a bit like supporting a sports team that always loses but you can't help following because you grew up with them and have so much shared personal history.

You don't need to believe to be a fan - something some of our hardcore fundamentalists seem to have a hard time wrapping their heads around...

Guest BFSleuth

So, kitakaze, I guess from your perspective as a solid skeptic you are like a Cub fan in September, you want to believe but in your heart of hearts you are always prepared to be disappointed.... :D

Guest toejam

It's not that difficult to experience them. Getting a visual is very difficult. Persistence is key. It takes dedication.

Guest Twilight Fan

^You make it sound so easy, but your answer is vague. Could you possibly elaborate on your methods? Yours is the first hopeful post yet :) Regarding my actual question.