I Want To Believe

Guest Twilight Fan

WelI I "believe" in Bigfoot because I have seen one. The idea that we are making some kind of error in saying "believe" is really something that is being completely over-analyzed. By saying I believe in something, doesn't mean I worship it, or have all these deep feelings for it. Get off that already. If I said, "I believe in ghosts", that means I believe ghosts exists. It doesn't mean I have faith in ghosts, and that they have some mystical power to improve my life or something. I mean "I believe ghosts are real". What's wrong with saying that? So I believe in Bigfoot. I don't believe in Santa Claus or the Tooth Fairy. It's basically how anyone I know asks someone if they think something exists. Here is how it goes. Hey, do you believe in Bigfoot? Reply, "Well yeah I'm pretty sure they are real". No one ever asks you if you believe in lions because we all know that lions are real. That's not an accurate comparison at all.

Edited by arizonabigfoot

Guest BigEddie

I too want to believe.. But after searching for documentary after documentary and still having that big question mark end each episode it makes one think.

Why is there no physical evidence?

Why isn't there more expeditions with grants or funds?

Here's a question to ponder - with such precise avoidance , do you think Sasquatch has developed some sort of sonar, or radar for electronic instruments?

I wonder if a highly trained team of US SEALs... Without any electronic devices, completely scent covered and camouflaged would be able to capture a BIgfoot presence?

This is one theory I have always had

Any ideas????

I too want to believe.. But after searching for documentary after documentary and still having that big question mark end each episode it makes one think.

Why is there no physical evidence?

Why isn't there more expeditions with grants or funds?

Here's a question to ponder - with such precise avoidance , do you think Sasquatch has developed some sort of sonar, or radar for electronic instruments?

I wonder if a highly trained team of US SEALs... Without any electronic devices, completely scent covered and camouflaged would be able to capture a BIgfoot presence?

This is one theory I have always had

Any ideas????

There is a lot of circumstantial evidence that leads to a living, biological, physical creature.

There hasn't been any expeditions with funds because people think the subject is silly, or stupid. Why would they money for something they don't think exists?

Guest Twilight Fan

I agree with arizonabigfoot. People are over-analyzing the word "belief" when analyzing the word is not what this thread was about.

Try this on for size: I KNOW there are such creatures known as Bigfoot, I BELIEVE one day everyone will KNOW they exist because I have FAITH in [some of] the people who are dedicated to finding the IRREFUTABLE EVIDENCE that will blow the mind of every sour skeptic out there....then everyone will BELIEVE they exist :kingxmas: this will be the day SANTA CLAUSE comes to my town

Guest Twilight Fan

Hey Twilight, do you believe in Vampires? See how that works?

Sure do! I'm a Stephanie Meyer fan, remember? ;)

Guest Strick

I think that one of the things that separates Bigfoot skeptics from other variety of skeptic is that most hold out a narrow margin of probability that the creature, in fact, exists. By this I mean that they are a 70/30 kind of skeptic or a 80/20 and give Bigfoot a 30% or 20% chance of being a real biological entity. By contrast, few people give much credence to the existence of the Tooth Fairy or Easter Bunny, well few people over the age of 12 that is...

I'm a 70/30 kind of skeptic myself and, I tell you, that 30% probability instantly reverses at the first sign of a possible encounter. I had an experience in deep woods just north of Belden, Northern California, when I realised I was being observed by a creature with bright yellow eye shine about 7 feet off the ground when I was putting up my tent one night in the dark. I took a couple of steps towards it and it very slowly turned and began to slowly crash off into the undergrowth. I retreated to my tent and experienced something messing with tent and rapidly moving by all night. In the morning, I broke camp early and looked to get the hell out of there when a large bear with 2 cubs emerged from the trees. She immediately walked to a small mound that instantly lifted her height to about 7 feet and her eyes lined up exactly with the shine I'd seen the night before. The 2 playful cubs gave away the cause of the tent messin' .

Of course, some skeptics are hardcore or have some kind of agenda, but most of us are only too eager to be convinced.

Guest Kerchak

WelI I "believe" in Bigfoot because I have seen one. The idea that we are making some kind of error in saying "believe" is really something that is being completely over-analyzed. By saying I believe in something, doesn't mean I worship it, or have all these deep feelings for it. Get off that already.

I agree.

To me, all 'believe' means is "accept as true". It's one of the definitions of the word in the Oxford English Dictionary. I use the word 'believe' often in everyday language.

Oh absolutely, i don't disagree especially with many of the subjects you listed.

I just meant that, along with all those that you listed, there's no way in the world i'd have " believed " in BF if i hadn't seen one.

I know what you mean. I just take a step back and put in perspective. My 'acceptance' of sasquatch doesn't seem all that far fetched compared to what plenty of other people I know 'believe in'. I'm surrounded by people who believe in things more bizarre than sasquatch. I suspect most people are.

I do however find it absolutely staggering in, like what i said, the most recreational trigger happy Continent on this Planet hasn't brought this Subject out of a Forest or a Swamp.

True. Unless.

1. There really aren't that many of them and never have been in the last 200 years. Maybe they are dying out?

2. Maybe a body part has been found but is lying in a box somewhere uncatalogued or under the heading 'large Indian'.?

3. Maybe the hunters didn't make it out because another sasquatch came along while he/she was in the process of dragging the corpse out and "smash!"? :unsure:

Guest Twilight Fan

<<<<<<<<I just want to meet a Bigfoot. Does anyone know how I can?>>>>>>>>

(Repeating my question, since people seem to be getting off track here and hung up on a certain word, lol)... :P

Guest MikeG

Let's get hung up on a different word, then.

Meet?

Not glimpse, or smell, or "sense" or hear.........but meet. I'm thinking that would put you into a very small category indeed. "Hello, pleased to meet you at last.......You can let go of my hand now":)

Mike

Guest Twilight Fan

@ Mike - once again, semantics. :P

@ Sasfooty - I have access to quite a few wooded areas where not many people seem to go.

I already said that, shake hands with old hairy man before I die :) But I have a serious question: If I were to actually go out and look for a BF, what would the ideal "Squatch hunting " kit include? FLIR, Night vision, maybe a high power pen laser for fire starting/plane signaling, decent HD camera, toilet paperetc etc