Do They Live In Caves?

Guest Twilight Fan

Alternatively, and probably more comfortable and easier to access, are the myriad abandoned mine shafts that riddle the country (and world). A man-made 'cave' with many outlets and potential escape routes. Fairly even themperatures and perhaps downright cozy the further down you go. Ideal for raising the kids and a living in society, if that's what they do. Many posts have been proximal to known abandoned mines.

Guest Twilight Fan

Yes they do live in caves. I remember reading an eyewitness account in a book about 2 men , i believe it was in South America, who wandered into a cave and were driven out by several loud screams when they entered a large dark room in the cave. I believe rocks were also thrown at them. They managed to escape the cave. One of the men was so scared that his hair turned white and started to fall out. This account was from a Sasquatch paperback book in or around 1980. I forget the name of the book though.

Wow, that sounds scary! Never heard that report before. What does everyone think about this? Bigfoot is known to "scream" and throw rocks at people when annoyed, yes?

Guest Twilight Fan

Maybe the men wandered in and woke up a sleeping squatch, so it reacted violently in warning...trying to scare them off? I dunno. I find this account interesting, and wonder if there have been others like it.

Bear don't live in caves. They hibernate in caves sometimes. Black Bears have a range of 15 to 80 miles and rarely spend the night in the same place. They also hibernate in holes, under rocky outcrops, under peoples homes, under brush piles and they even dig holes themselves. Most animals that spend alot of time in caves have poor vision.

Guest thermalman

Bear don't live in caves. They hibernate in caves sometimes. Black Bears have a range of 15 to 80 miles and rarely spend the night in the same place. They also hibernate in holes, under rocky outcrops, under peoples homes, under brush piles and they even dig holes themselves. Most animals that spend alot of time in caves have poor vision.

Would hibernating in a cave not be considered living in a cave? Where does one draw the line for inhabtation?

Guest ajciani

Except for specific species of cave-bound creatures, I don't think anything really lives in caves as a permanent shelter.

To go deeper than the entrance, some type of illumination would be required, such as fire. This is why human cave use began at about the same time as tools and fire. I have never heard of bigfoots being seen with torches, so if they do make use of caves, it is almost certainly limited to within a few dozen yards of the entrance.

Now, I have heard a story of a possible, inadvertent trapping of a bigfoot into a cave. Supposedly, a BLM crew installed a gate on the mouth of a cave because it was occasionally being used by squatters (or maybe bigfoots). About a week later, the local land manager checked the cave and found that the gate had been ripped apart. From inspecting it, he felt that it had been forcibly removed from the inside. Forcibly removed by something incredibly strong. They replaced the gate and it was never tampered with again.

^ If you can find anything more on that story I'd be interested in hearing it all!

Don't squatches have "eye shine"? And doesn't this indicate night vision? So, maybe being in a dark cave isn't so debilitating for them(??)

Guest Twilight Fan

I was just about to suggest what Aaron D beat me to suggesting. Perhaps Bigfoots have night vision of some sort, and can see in the dark? If so, they could travel deep into any cave they pleased (given it was big enough) without vision problems.

(or maybe bigfoots).

Is that you Matt Moneymaker? :P

All kidding aside, the Destination Truth team found some really interesting footprints in a cave in Viet Nam on their first episode of this new season as well as a trail of them on the way to the cave.

Dunno if BF would use caves or not. I don't see why they wouldn't and would suspect their night vision is superior to ours as is that of most animals.