Do They Live In Caves?

Guest Twilight Fan

Guest BFSleuth

They hang from cave ceiling by a few threads of web, but it isn't known what they prey on. The captive ones haven't eaten and are described as "shy".

They are big enough that they might eat bats. What else would be prey near the ceiling of a cave?

• 4 weeks later...

I was on Mt St Helens in early August and stopped at a spot by a remote parking lot. There were a couple of arches in the woods right there, and a cross pole lashed beween two trees.....(hunters made it to hang game from?). We walked over to look at the arches and noticed that the ground seemed a little springy and kind of sounded hollow. We were not equipped or inclined to dig it up, nor did we really have time, so we just took some pics. Still, that was kind of interesting.

I read the Paulides books and notice a pattern of scratches on the victims. I also have noticed stories of bf running full tilt through brambles with no apparent effect. So here is what I am thinking: maybe they use berry bushes and bramble patches to to protect their dens or homes, or the entrances to homes of whatever kind

And here is a crazy thought: I regularly viist a site near a canal, and this time of year the water is low. I see areas that might be dug out there in the side of the canal and holes along the top of the ground next to the canal (air holes?) I wonder if they do like beaver and have underwater entrances sometimes.....sounds nutty, but who knows.....