Operation Persistence

Really? Um, I'd be more specific if I was you.

Tell you what, as you are a bit spiky with me, let's ignore each other and I will only correspond with people who can help me on a subject I am fascinated in but know little about. Hope that's specific enough.

Regards,

Lee

Patterson & Gimlin, Oct 1967, went into the woods, a known Bigfoot area, with a movie camera.

Still, their luck and finding Patti was astonishing unless I say, "WoW! That was kismet!"

(Alla the "guy in a suit" sayers need glasses. Bill Munns rules!)

Here it is, 45 years later. A few people have managed to get videos that are about half as good

as the PGF ... just going by what I've seen.

So No. IMO, it doesn't "take 3 weeks to shoot Bigfoot." If it did, we'd have reels and reels of footage

better than PGF.

Patterson & Gimlin, Oct 1967, went into the woods, a known Bigfoot area, with a movie camera.

Still, their luck and finding Patti was astonishing unless I say, "WoW! That was kismet!"

(Alla the "guy in a suit" sayers need glasses. Bill Munns rules!)

Here it is, 45 years later. A few people have managed to get videos that are about half as good

as the PGF ... just going by what I've seen.

So No. IMO, it doesn't "take 3 weeks to shoot Bigfoot." If it did, we'd have reels and reels of footage

better than PGF.

Nope, it takes at least three weeks to shoot bigfoot...and that's why no one else has.

Other than P&G, and TBRC's Endurance and Persistence, no one else has spent even close to that continuous time in country actually looking and ready to shoot film. Everything else has been weekends. Ain't cuttin' it, weekends.

Also, P&G were on horseback. TBRC not only aren't, but they're in country that would kill a horse.

Edited by DWA

Guest Kerchak

to most skeptics, and many Bigfoot believers, Patty is clearly a person in a suit.

Only those who have no real idea what persons in suits look like think Patty is clearly a person in a suit......or those with an emotional block which prevents them from accepting Patty is not a person in a suit.

It's either one or the other.

Nope, it takes at least three weeks to shoot bigfoot...and that's why no one else has.

Yes, add up all the time Patterson spent looking for bigfoot prior to obtaining his movie. He was looking in Washington state just before moving down to California. It would be a lot longer than 3 weeks.

Let's not make it sound like X + Y = Z. There's no set formula for how many bigfoot sightings one will get if they spend a set period of time in the woods.

You get to see bigfoot by 1) Being where there are. The trickiest bit, to be sure, but a hint is if you can see concrete, you are probably not in the right spot (though not always). 2) Stay there. 3) Get really lucky.

That number 3 part is, for many, the most important part. There are members of the TBRC who have been in X for weeks and never seen a furry blur while others have been there for half the time and seen plenty.

Luck, it's said, favors the prepared, but don't forget it's also called dumb for a reason.

Well, we did say "at least."

And yeah, many eyewitnesses - in fact pretty much all of them - just stumbled onto their luck.

P&G are the poster children for Luck = Where Preparation Meets Opportunity. (Having horses didn't hurt.)

Edited by DWA

P&G also had a major environmental factor in their favor; the flood of 1964.

That flood eradicated so much of the tree cover and vegetation along the creek that any animal living in that drainage was forced to leave the security of the tree line to access the creek.

So yes, Roger was prepared and practiced, but (if the film is legitimate) also had the advantage of being able to exploit this environmental consequence.

That environmental consequence is called "opportunity."

One of the funniest things about this whole field is the skeptical eyebrow-raise at P and G just heading on out to film a bigfoot and just happening to do it. Isn't that at least one expected result when people enter suspected habitat with much recent sign?

Not to mention what that says about all the casual folks who didn't do any prep at all, and saw one.

OK, bipto, I have to ask.

Why the long (relatively) drought in texasbigfoot.com encounter updates?

(Yeah I know: real lives/surreal jobs; Persistence; analysis; etc.) but still want to see you talk about it.

P&G also had a major environmental factor in their favor; the flood of 1964.

That flood eradicated so much of the tree cover and vegetation along the creek that any animal living in that drainage was forced to leave the security of the tree line to access the creek.

So yes, Roger was prepared and practiced, but (if the film is legitimate) also had the advantage of being able to exploit this environmental consequence.

Excellent point.

Why the long (relatively) drought in texasbigfoot.com encounter updates?

You mean reports from the public? They come in randomly and we work them as fast as we can. As far as I know, there are only a few in the hopper right now. As soon as they're ready, we'll publish them. A lot of reports never get published because they're either obviously bogus or just aren't conclusive enough. A few aren't published because the witness doesn't want them to be. The remaining ones are investigated as thoroughly as possible (including photos of the sighting location and sometimes of the surrounding habitat from the air). All that takes some time.

Yep, bipto, I meant public reports, and your answer was kind of what I figured (although press of time due to real life figured into it too).

Will you be doing some discussion of analysis of data "on screen" on the site soon? I just find the time tougher to sit around a computer listening when I can print something off and read at leisure. And yeah, I know the real-life thing figures in there too.

Edited by DWA

We haven't gotten very far on a presentable version of data from Persistence. We still haven't gotten through all the stuff. Slow going. Now we're planning for the conference and next year's operation.

We haven't gotten very far on a presentable version of data from Persistence. We still haven't gotten through all the stuff. Slow going. Now we're planning for the conference and next year's operation.

I commend you for your due diligence in your quest.

If I may..what's your take on the recent Dyer incident in San Antonio TX?..