Operation Persistence

Guest OntarioSquatch

Leflore county sounds awfully familiar. I think that may have been one of the hotspots I encountered while classifying sightings for the BFF's database.

Edited by OntarioSquatch

It's for sure a hotspot. According to the bfro it has by far the most sightings reported. I think people are not as hesitant to report a bf sighting in this area because it has a long history of stories. I think the thought of bf existing is just more accepted.

Honobia is in Leflore county.

It is also home of the Boggy Bottom Monster AKA Oklahoma Bifoot

http://urbane-chaos.hubpages.com/hub/OklahomaBigfoot

No that was in fouke arkansas. However knowing the geography of both reports the creature could be one in the same. Both are in general area where texas ok and ar meet. I dont mean the exact bigfoot, but perhaps same type.

Guest zenmonkey

this gets me so excited living in okc being so close to these hot spots. As a matter of fact my wife is at her families in broken bow. told her to keep her eyes open lol

Bipto, im sorry if this is common knowledge but do you have a day job or are you 100% focused on BF research?

also, when i said "fighting" i ment antagonizing(is that a better word) each other, you dont get the impression that they are trying to get rid of you and your crew?

Yes, bipto does have a day job. It would be cool if he (and myself and my husband) could be 100% focused on BF research though, we just need to win the lottery!

Bipto, im sorry if this is common knowledge but do you have a day job or are you 100% focused on BF research?

I have the mind of a crow. I can't be 100% focused on anything! The world is filled with too many shiny objects...

you dont get the impression that they are trying to get rid of you and your crew?

That's a point of some debate. I do not think they're trying to drive us off. The rock throwing and other behavior can be interpreted as a kind of almost playful interaction, in my opinion. Others in the TBRC think our presence is an irritation to the apes and they would like us to leave.

Of course, since this appears to be a troupe of at least 4-6 animals (based on movement sounds, wood knocks, etc.), it's possible to have individuals who want different things. You could imagine a group of primates where the young are more playful and the dominent animal(s) want the outsiders gone. So maybe it's a bit of both.

Bipto

With reference to my question and your answer re a 'spy-hole' cam facing the porch across posts #1248 - #1249 - why not a spy-hole gun too?

Thanks for the reply. Im just trying to figure out why you can't bag yourself a BF. Im pretty sure I could jump a plane to Africa and within a month or so I would have an assortment of apes piled up at my camp.

how much hunting/tracking experience do you and your group have? (other than BF)

With reference to my question and your answer re a 'spy-hole' cam facing the porch across posts #1248 - #1249 - why not a spy-hole gun too?

It's not a good idea to shoot that which you cannot see.

Im just trying to figure out why you can't bag yourself a BF.

Since it's so easy and has been done by so many people before us, I assume our failure thus far is based on our laziness.

It's not a good idea to shoot that which you cannot see.

No, but I meant you would see them through the spy cam and then use the gun through an adjacent spy hole for a clear shot if the target was identified as a voucher specimen. If the spy-cam set-up is feasible, is this?

I presume it would be too difficult to have a one-way plate glass window installed which, upon sighting your quarry on the porch, you could leap through with machine gun in hand spraying glass everywhere, perform a forward roll and unload Rambo-style into the ape's chest whilst screaming "DIE MUTHAF****R!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"?

Edited by the parkie