Operation Persistence

But honestly, the lasers in space are the best deterrent.

Have the satellites picked up any sign of the wood apes? If so, is this part of the evidence that might be forthcoming?

Thanks for answering, I would imagine it would be difficult to see either a human or a wood ape under tree cover. Have you caught anyone trying to infiltrate your camp before?

As an afterthought, is there a procedure to verify where the members are located on site at all times?

Edited by CTfoot

Besides the steel brush traps used to attempt to gather hair samples, have you left various foods to see what is consistantly taken?

What about non-food items? Toys, mirrors, sparkly things, etc?

I have some ideas about narrowing what it is specifically about wildlife cameras that they avoid. I suspect that beyond any electromechanical noise, or magnetic fields, etc it may be the electronic components or plastics off-gassing/outgassing formaldehyde type odors that alerts them to the presence.

I was considering the proposition of sealing the electronics in some type of stable epoxy and constructing camera containers from untreated wood as a strategy to obtain photographs.

It seems unlikely that any of this can be the reason for avoidance if bigfoot is commonly encountered around homes, cabins, barns, and even close range sightings out in the woods. Mechanical noise, emf, and plastic outgassing is going to present around any modern building and researchers wear clothing/accessories that outgas while carrying cameras, cellphones, binoculars, guns, etc.

An experiment might be to install a sound generator in/near the cabin and try different frequencies to see if they respond to any particular one either by avoidance or possible agression/rock throwing.

Have you caught anyone trying to infiltrate your camp before?

Nope.

As an afterthought, is there a procedure to verify where the members are located on site at all times?

We keep tabs on them, yes. This is for safety reasons. The teams aren't that big to begin with. It's not possible for someone to wander off unnoticed.

That's interesting. We're currently investigating the sound issue.

I have sensitive equipment capable of making detailed digital recordings from 5 Hz - 70 kHz (and beyond if I call in a favor from friends). If you have any investigators in the San Antonio area who either own, or have access to the specific models of cameras being used, I could construct a small anechoic chamber and we could devise a trigger mechanism and record exactly what sound is being generated. I would venture to guess that any sound generated is in the ultrasonic range. With a 384kHz interface and the right electret condenser, recordings up to around 100kHz would be possible.

Edited by Irish73

So far, satellite reconnaissance hasn't produced anything worthwhile.

Sorry to pester, but when you say nothing worthwhile do you mean nothing worthwhile at all? Or just no indication of the wood apes via satellite detection?

Sorry to pester, but when you say nothing worthwhile do you mean nothing worthwhile at all? Or just no indication of the wood apes via satellite detection?

Sorry, I was being facetious. We're not using satellites for anything other than scoping out the lay of the land.

I have sensitive equipment capable of making detailed digital recordings from 5 Hz - 70 kHz...

I'll pass that along. Thanks for the offer.

Irish,

Could you dumb that down?

He's going to put a microphone thing next to the camera thing and see if it makes a soundy thing.

Sorry, I was being facetious. We're not using satellites for anything other than scoping out the lay of the land.

Well now you have confused me, pardon if I'm a bit OCD. Let me get this straight; satellites are not being used to detect intruders, the groups are small and members are easily accounted for at all times, so who and how many patrol the perimeter and are they there at all times?

No, we're not using laser armed satellites to detect intruders. Really. Only to look at maps, etc., and I don't think those kinds of satellites have lasers.

The groups are small and easily accounted for. We require to know where everyone is at all times for safety purposes.

We don't "patrol the perimeter," but we do move around a lot and cover a lot of ground.

Edited by bipto

Guest Cervelo

He's going to put a microphone thing next to the camera thing and see if it makes a soundy thing.

Feel better, use to have a little respect for ya but not so much now ;)

So far, satellite reconnaissance hasn't produced anything worthwhile.

Can we get some fricking sharks with fricking laser beams?
  • Upvote 1