Operation Persistence

Hey Bipto,

Are you tracking the experiences of the team in a database of any kind?

Some of the statistical analyses that might arise could be quite interesting. (simple examples = activity depending on time of day, weather conditions, etc.)

I know it's not the number one target of your project, however it could be a means to an end, ie. a tool to predict likelihood of activity.

CH

Excellent point.

I would use this data tracking to pinpoint any unusual activity with regards to the encounters.

i.e. do the encounters happen after certain people have come onto the property? perhaps the encounters start a certain amount of time after certain people leave the property., Who does the shooting? Who witnesses the shootings? Has anyone witnessed the actual shootings (with their eyes)? Has anyone seen the animals that the shooter was shooting at while he/she shot at them?

These type of things can help rule out a hoax scenario.

You would think being hunters themselves they would be able to tell they are being hunted.

I really can't say what they think. Do wolves or cougars know when they're being hunted? No idea.

These type of things can help rule out a hoax scenario.

What a great point.

/sarcasm

Which is to say, of course we've done that kind of analysis. Not because we're trying to rule out our own from hoaxing (though that's a side benefit) but because we're always looking for patterns and potential stimuli, etc. Suffice it to say, there have been multiple witnesses over multiple sightings and the activity does not begin or end when one particular person arrives or leaves.

Edited by bipto

Guest TexasTracker

Bit, kudos for tolerating SO MUCH JUNK... many here appreciate your continued patience, unfortunately it's the others that hear from so much..

Keep it up please.

Bipto, have you experimented with the wood ape's reaction to Christmas lights?

Kidding, and wishing your group happy holidays. May Santa bring you all some solid results to all your efforts.

• Upvote 1

Bipto, have you experimented with the wood ape's reaction to Christmas lights?

Kidding, and wishing your group happy holidays. May Santa bring you all some solid results to all your efforts.

There's actually one TBRC report in which the witness described nearby holiday lights as having given her a better view of the animal.

And since I came here I've read two reports of people seeing one while out cutting their Christmas tree.

Not sure this is significant, as many witnesses say, but including it in case it might be. ;-)))

Edited by DWA

Guest BFSleuth

I've often thought that lighting in the woods would be an attractant. There was a recent sighting on a BFRO expedition that was reported after glow sticks were piled up to look like a glowing "fire". The BF belly crawled up to the pile of glow sticks and lifted one, lighting up its face.

See... http://bigfootevidence.blogspot.com/2012/10/breaking-father-and-daughter.html

Not sure this is significant, as many witnesses say, but including it in case it might be. ;-)))

But what about Jewish wood apes? Do they peek through windows and watch families light their menorahs?

Sequencing Bigfoot's DNA? -[The Horn, Austin, TX]

http://www.readtheho...ng_bigfoots_dna

[Anonymous TBRC member comments]

We have a member who knows what the hell he's talking about when it comes to DNA. So much so, that I can rarely follow along. A great asset to the group.

Edited by bipto

But what about Jewish wood apes? Do they peek through windows and watch families light their menorahs?

"The impact pattern on the side of the home indicated a good solid spin from a 275-kilogram dreidel..."

That was a nice attempted weave to accuse you guys of hoaxing eachother again though.

Are you saying that the data should only be used if it points to apes? if it points to a non-ape origin, then they shouldn't utilize it?

Until they find a body, they should be open to any possible explanation, even explanations as crazy and out-there which are of non-ape origin.

Yeah, six bonus points for that.

That was not the scientific response I expected. That was a response playing to the pro-footer crowd.

I understand that a giant, superhuman, hairy, ape, existing undetected in the once-decimated wildlands of eastern Oklahoma, seems like the most reasonable explanation for what you have seen, but, it is not the most reasonable explanation for those who have not seen it, and those who are not swayed by good radio-pipes, or fun story-telling.

I understand that a giant, superhuman, hairy, ape, existing undetected in the once-decimated wildlands of eastern Oklahoma, seems like the most reasonable explanation for what you have seen, but, it is not the most reasonable explanation for those who have not seen it, and those who are not swayed by good radio-pipes, or fun story-telling.

There is literally nothing the TBRC can produce short or a hairy pile of dead wood ape that will convince you (and people like you) that they're real. Nothing. No track, no hair, no film or image. No account, regardless of how detailed or how many corroborating witnesses were present, no sound recording or bloody rock. However, I and several of my associates have seen and interacted with them. Period. They are there. We are now way past the point of needing to perform any investigation to rule out something that is totally ridiculous to us (that we are being hoaxed either from within or without). We do, however, need to engage in whatever methods will result in the production of incontrovertible proof of the existence of those things we have seen, smelled, heard, and otherwise experienced. It's not my fault that in the mean time we get a good story out of it. Believe me, we'd rather have the proof than the story.

All we care about is establishing the animal. We care not one whit that you believe us in the meantime. Six points is all you're getting out of me.

Plussed, bipto.

I've long since passed arguing with 'bigfoot skeptics.' I try to educate them to the possibilities of a wider world.

It's largely fruitless, but I get some good lines in and hone my debate skills for the day I actually meet a skeptic who has an argument.