Just Suppose...

Guest Vann Johnson

Some folks have suggested staying away from the skeptics. To be honest, if the footage is truly as remarkable as it sounds, my very first inclination would be to discreetly offer to show it privately both to the sympathetic professionals like Melrum and Bindernagel as well as some serious-minded skeptics (Randi? Or maybe Radford? Or maybe Saskeptic? I'm not up on exactly which skeptics would best ones to contact for such an issue). Personally, I would want to know ASAP what a qualified but open-minded skeptic had to say about the footage. To my mind, this seems to make good sense.

In my observations, what matters more than being a skeptic, is what meaningful analysis people can bring to bear on the evidence. A tendency to give greater credence to possibilities other than "it's real" is not an analysis, it's just an opinion and isn't science any more than a proponents opinion or the word of the person collecting the evidence. That is what gets us nowhere.

There things in the print that just do not seem right to me , now I am no expert and I am not saying that I am. But some thing just does not seem right about this one print. The soil is what gives and the size of the print that the print should be deeper in the soil to fit this size print. Just my opionion.

Needed to add that the size print just does not seem to match the estimated weight of the animal that could have made it.

Edited by julio126

"If I am not wrong, Vann did not say the footage was obtained during that trip, he did say there were subsequent missions, so maybe it was not the biologists equipment??"

Re-read his Long story Short paragraph above where he mentions the initial trip did not have her high tech eqip but subsequent trips had all the tools and gizmos. That is what gives me the impression the pics and videos were taken with her equipment, I could be wrong about that, though.

I would also carefull re-read section 2D of the forum rules before posting any description of what occurred or pics on here.

In a really wierd turn of events I've had a member send me the following.....

http://www.flickr.com/photos/83943578@N05/7992555411/

It seems to be a match for the above photo doesn't it?

Dude got this from his sister who got it from Dr Meldrum last October.

I'll protect the identity of the member but share the PM....

Sir- My sister has a cast that exactly matches Vann's print that she bought last October from DR. Meldrum. It has the same toe pattern with the second toe pointing to the left as the Blue Mountain , Wa. track that she bought. The print itself looks pressed, although Vann says it was rained on....I smell a rat.

What say you guys?

Guest SquatchinNY

That looks different than Johnson's print.. For now, I will hold with Vann.

Differences between HRP's print and Johnson's print.

#1: HRP's print has the toes sticking out wider than the top of the foot. Johnson's doesn't have that.

#2: You can see a clear curve in HRP's print, Johnson's doesn't have that.

Point 3: If J's print was rained on, that would even out bumps and creases, remember that.

For now, that is all, folks.

I would love to see the next print(s) in the trackway. This one fits so neatly in the available muddy space it makes me wonder. The slightest shift in positioning and it becomes a partial. Hopefully this was presented simply because it was a whole print.

As for what to do, Vann. I would protect your evidence, share with moderators to gameplay release and reel us in - we're hooked!

Monsaca

Guest brucescotland

Smell a rat??? im smelling the stink over here in Scotland.

Im in no way anything like an expert in tracks, and perceptions are different, i had to take the original by Vann, the enhancement by mikeg and meldrums cast all along side and was continually changing my mind... untill now..

I wouldnt go so far to say that stevie wonder could tell they were the same but im definately leaning that way.

Im totally totally understanding of the stance where welcomes and niceities are exchanged, "just in case" theres something big here, but i suspect even the hardened "wanters" and "beleivers" suspected that Vann had nothing of substance.

I shall reserve what i really wana say for something more suited to the tar-pit,

Although my rant is mild im sure you will get the message im incandesent with rage at the moment over this.

If im wrong and this is a "ringer" to test us, and he indeed does have something hes holding back ill eat a bowl of rusty nails for breakfast.

I wouldnt go so far to say that stevie wonder could tell they were the same but im definately leaning that way.

Once you figure out the impression in the ground is a left foot and the cast is a right foot you realize Stevie Wonder would have no trouble telling the difference. They may have similar looking toes, lenght and width proportions, but so far, a criticism of BF tracks has been a "lack" of consistency.