Maps: Correlation Between Missing Persons & Sasquatch

Guest MrMudder

Guest rustywilson

I suspect that some of the stories may be exaggerated, in that if you're a parent and not really paying close attention, you might say well, the kid was just right here and instantly disappeared instead of something like, well, it was about 15 minutes before I missed him/her...it makes you feel a bit better about yourself and also makes you look better.

But I've wandered the wilds since I was old enough to walk - alone - and I think it would be a real shame if someone were to quit going out because of fear. You're probably safer out in the wilds alone than sitting in your armchair at home.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
SSR Team

Got to North America before the Native people did do you mean ?

That is my theory too. Sort of a modified version of the evolutionary theory proposed by FB/FB.

Hey thanks BobbyO, I will have a look at that. I actually think it´s pretty obvious that sasquatch is involved in at least some of these cases. Someone just posted a sighting where a juvenile BF was seen on the same trail some kids hab been playing earlier. Seems to me BF has some interest in kids playing. kinda spooky I think.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This is an interesting patch of disappearances. Is there any reason to think BF is involved ?

http://www.cbsnews.c...ghway-of-tears/

Well DNA linked some deaths to an american serial killer

A young man (monster) is slated to go on trial in 2013 for 3 more murders

The last girl to go missing, may have been taken because of her boyfriends drug debts ( he disappeared a few weeks latter, his body was never found but his head was)

Guest wild eyed willy

This whole thread really makes you wonder, well it makes me wonder anyway. I have always considered BF to be basically harmless judging by the reports I have read. They seem to always move away or chase the victom out of the wood, but very little violence. The only violent attacks I have heard about were the story of the cabin attack and one story of the two trapers, where only one survived. I really wish someone could figure out the whole subject of BF and give all of the world the lowdown.

Guest reelback

I'm not buying the whole BF-makes-hiker-go-missing theory. On one hand, we elevate BF to this creature whose stealth is legendary. He avoids making tracks and slips away silently in the night. He's invisible.

Then, on the other hand, we're asked to believe that BF willingly invites the hoardes of humans who will come to search for a missing hiker gone permanently missing thanks to our resident, and rogue, BF.

This. If the species is as smart as I read here it is, the chances of it doing this are small to none.

But, mid winter, unlucky run hunting, or an aging BF that can't hunt effectively? Maybe a few times. Or maybe a few rogue BFs that have a taste for braised human? Possibly. Some must be less shy and brazen than others. And lastly a young inexperienced BF making a mistake is a possibility.

But correlation does not imply causation. This is likely a logical fallacy to imply BFs might responsible for more than even a fraction of a % of instances.

Just consider some different ways you can die in the woods:

A fall, injury of some form, tree falls, storms, drowning, death by natural causes, suicide, murder (kid picks berries and disappears? Hmmm... how about the parents?)

Hunters may accidentally kill eachother and cover it up, or kill a hiker via mistaken identity and not report it

Serial killers - IMO, a serious consideration for the grouping in that map on the previous pages, consider the realitive privacy and easy of disposal but another consideration for the grouping is terrain and population density/visitation.

Animals - mountain lions, bears, snakes

Lastly, from the evidence of reports, they act like bears and use intimidation tactics. They want to keep us away. They don't intimidate deer. We're a threat.

IMO, whatever deaths via the hands of a BF are probably our own mistakes (shooting at them, stepping on one sleeping, whatever) than it is intent to eat.

I recognize that having not read the books, I've got little to base my comments on but some of what I see here sounds like the beginnings of a horror movie script. There are much bigger risks out there than this.

Show me some evidence of eaten humans, then draw causation.

Edited by reelback
  • Upvote 1

Guest BastetsCat

From what I understand there are some in the 411books....one in Canada where all that was found of the missing person was little bits of bone.

Another near Crator lake that was just a femur and little bits of bone.

The wildlife experts all said that they had no idea what did it...because nothing known to us eats a corpse so complely. So there are cases in the book where remains were found....albiet not much in the way of remains.

Still it is not said that it is BF. But something as of yet unknown ate them. Bears MountainLions and Wolves do not eat everything in that way.

Edited to add: I think it is ludicius that the National Parks have no data base for missing persons....what do they do when they find remains....depend on the memory of their staff to identify the remains?

Edited by BastetsCat

Here is a news account of bone fragments which were found this summer from 27-year old Yi-Jien Hwa who went missing in Glacier National Park back in 8/11/08.

Yi-Jien Hwa account is included in the Missing 411 book (pp. 299-300).

If you read the story behind the dissapearance, I don't see why anybody has to invoke BF.

There are Grizzly bears in Glacier NP plus other predators and he was hiking alone.

http://missoulian.co...19bb2963f4.html

Edited by Explorer
  • Upvote 1

Guest reelback

The bone fragments can easily be explained by coyotes, wolves, etc. There is nothing about that story that seems odd. Something happened to him, the animals got him.

Has anyone seen the documentary Grizzly Man by Werner Herzog?