Vancouver Island Sasquatch

Guest iislandgirll

Guest iislandgirll

Are there people on Vancouver island that go looking for Sasquatch 's ?

If so would be interested to share a possible location. Went camping this year in August , and I usually don't mind sleeping in a tent. Now I will never sleep in a tent again that far in the woods. Really strange unidentified noises.

I've heard wolves, I've heard coyotes, I know the noises bear, elk, dear ect make in the bush.

This woke me up from a dead sleep.... It sounded to be about 10feet away from my tent. I woke up terrified!!! Not only did I hear it, but my cousin in another tent said she sat up for 1 hour listening to it grunt and make weird noises behind my tent. She was to scared to leave her tent.

She finally woke up her husband whom spends 90% of his time in the woods with work and also hunting. He said" he's never heard anything like it in his life".

The dogs didn't even bark which was so strange because the yowel and echoing sounds that thing made were soooo loud.

We set the car alarms off to scare whatever it was away. And we all slept together after that and left the next day.

I would have scouted the area out a bit, however I am pregnant, and didn't want to take any risks .

Sounds crazy I know.... But I absolutely believe in Sasquatch's now !!

There's certianly plenty of reports for Vancouver Island.

Didn't Tom Steenburg and Rick Noll do some investigating there for a Monsterquest episode? Don't know who'd be based there though.

In the Tofino area of Vancouver Island there is a local researcher named Adrian Dorst. He was the fellow who informed us about Mears island activity and how to get there by boat.

Thomas Steenburg

iislandgirll, Where and When did your camping encounter take place?

Dr. Bindernagel is based on Vancouver Island, in the town of Courtenay, I believe.

I grew up on Vancouver Island, and I went out in the woods all day every day during the summer months of my youth. I never saw a Sasquatch, but I heard noises, found mounds of poop, and once saw the spookiest eye shine I've ever seen. Now that I'm an adult I've had to move off the island for work, but every time I return I always hit the logging roads, especially around Lake Cowichan, Chemainus River, Behind Ladysmith, and Nanaimo Lakes, however I believe the most active part is the west side, and the north half of the island.

And for anyone who thinks the island should be an easy place to find Bigfoot, simply because it's an island obviously has never been there. The island is huge!

Here's a link to a bunch of spectacular pics of the island. http://www.vancouver...m/photogallery/

There could be a Blurry of Bigfoot hiding behind this douglas fir.

83.0.2.jpg

Edited by Mounty

Guest OntarioSquatch

I remember Dr. John Bindernagle moved to VI just for the Sasquatch that are there. I think he would be willing to hear your story :)

Goodness that's a big tree!

Islandgirl, welcome. I also had a very unexpected encounter, though not as dramatic as yours. It does shake one up a bit and make you reconsider things!

Welcome to your new addiction, lol.

I'd suggest writing down everything you can think of that happened during your encounter, no matter how trivial. You will forget things, especially if you have more than one experience.

Guest iislandgirll

iislandgirll, Where and When did your camping encounter take place?

Dr. Bindernagel is based on Vancouver Island, in the town of Courtenay, I believe.

I grew up on Vancouver Island, and I went out in the woods all day every day during the summer months of my youth. I never saw a Sasquatch, but I heard noises, found mounds of poop, and once saw the spookiest eye shine I've ever seen. Now that I'm an adult I've had to move off the island for work, but every time I return I always hit the logging roads, especially around Lake Cowichan, Chemainus River, Behind Ladysmith, and Nanaimo Lakes, however I believe the most active part is the west side, and the north half of the island.

And for anyone who thinks the island should be an easy place to find Bigfoot, simply because it's an island obviously has never been there. The island is huge!

Here's a link to a bunch of spectacular pics of the island. http://www.vancouver...m/photogallery/

There could be a Blurry of Bigfoot hiding behind this douglas fir.

Previously Posted Image

It was near zeballious . Go to Anutz Lake. It's way in on some logging roads. It's a free campsite. I wouldn't even know where to star there other than where I heard the sound coming from. But it looks like prime Sasquatch country.

Edited by See-Te-Cah NC
Please don't repost images posted previously

It was near zeballious . Go to Anutz Lake. It's way in on some logging roads. It's a free campsite. I wouldn't even know where to star there other than where I heard the sound coming from. But it looks like prime Sasquatch country.

Zeballos! I've always thought Zeballos would be the ideal place to actually search for Sasquatch based purely on Geography.

The Zeballos area has numerous inlets/fjords, rivers, estuaries, beaches, mountains and valleys, but most importantly, immediately south of the Village of Zeballos is a peninsula connected by an isthmus which is only about half a kilometre long. The penisula itself is approximately 150 square kilometres (200 square miles) of perfect Sasquatch habitat, and its accessible via old logging roads. The peninsula, in my opinion, should be the focus of a real/professional investigation.

I encourage everyone to search "Zeballos, BC, Canada" in Google Maps and see for yourself, check out the online pictures of the area too.

Guest iislandgirll

Anutz lake is a big lake as well, lots of Forrest cover around it, lots of caves, and strange noises echoing from distances. I'm wondering if the people of zeballious hear these noises in there town and just live with them everyday. Be interesting to talk to locals there.

Anutz lake is a big lake as well, lots of Forrest cover around it, lots of caves, and strange noises echoing from distances. I'm wondering if the people of zeballious hear these noises in there town and just live with them everyday. Be interesting to talk to locals there.

Zeballos' Population is only 125 people, but its got a long history of aboriginal inhabitation. I'm sure there's oodles of stories from that area.

zeb_view.jpg

This Picture is looking south over the village towards the peninsula

Edited by Mounty

I remember Dr. John Bindernagle moved to VI just for the Sasquatch that are there. I think he would be willing to hear your story :)

If I recall right, Bindernagle came across a really remote track line way out in the middle of nowhere on Vancouver Island. One of the things that got him seriously considering the subject?

I think you're right. I think he found them in Strathcona Provincial Park, which is, for all intents and purposes, in the middle of the island. Its a big park, about 2,500 square kilometres.

I love Vancouver Island!

What do you think about that Zeballos Peninsula as a research area?

Edited by See-Te-Cah NC
Please don't quote the post directly preceding

Guest iislandgirll

My question about the whole situation to is....there were 3 dogs with us. One inside my cousins tent, on laying outside of a camper, and the other inside of the camper....why didnt they bark? Usually dogs bark at any kind of noise, or strange thing. We found that kind of strange being the sound was so loud.

If so would be interested to share a possible location. Went camping this year in August , and I usually don't mind sleeping in a tent. Now I will never sleep in a tent again that far in the woods. Really strange unidentified noises.

I've heard wolves, I've heard coyotes, I know the noises bear, elk, dear ect make in the bush.

This woke me up from a dead sleep.... It sounded to be about 10feet away from my tent. I woke up terrified!!! Not only did I hear it, but my cousin in another tent said she sat up for 1 hour listening to it grunt and make weird noises behind my tent. She was to scared to leave her tent.

She finally woke up her husband whom spends 90% of his time in the woods with work and also hunting. He said" he's never heard anything like it in his life".

The dogs didn't even bark which was so strange because the yowel and echoing sounds that thing made were soooo loud.

We set the car alarms off to scare whatever it was away. And we all slept together after that and left the next day.

I would have scouted the area out a bit, however I am pregnant, and didn't want to take any risks .

Zeballos' Population is only 125 people, but its got a long history of aboriginal inhabitation. I'm sure there's oodles of stories from that area.

Previously Posted Image

This Picture is looking south over the village towards the peninsula

how did you post this photo? I would love to share photos of the area. Edited by See-Te-Cah NC
Please don't repost images posted previously

Guest iislandgirll

Let me add that it was at Anuts Lake ....out by zeballious, and it was around 3:00am