Vancouver Island Sasquatch

Guest iislandgirll

Hello Islandgirl ,

I'm Lee, the founder of the British Columbia Sasquatch Organization (BCSO) . I am based out of Courtenay , in the Comox valley . I do most of my research on Vancouver Island , primarily the Comox valley and Campbell River areas . I have also done research in the Cowichan Valley .

Mr Bindernagel and I have been friends for about 20-years and have conversed many times over the years . I met John in 1993 shortly after a sighting I had with 2 of my brothers . I gave John my incident report .

I created the BCSO to do active field research and to converse with others in the field . I do follow up with witnesses reports as well .

My site address is thesearchforsasquatch.webs.com . I would love to follow up on your report .

I also have a "sighting report form" on my site .

Thanks ,

Lee

BCSO

Nice site, Lee. We appreciate the links to The Bigfoot Forums. Hopefully, both of our sites can benefit!

Sorry, back on topic now...

See

Guest Transformer

iislandgirl You might be interested to know that the common name for this type of creature had its own name on Vancouver Island long before the term Sasquatch was coined on the main land in the mid 1920s. That name was the "Mowgli". You will find many old press stories and such referring to wild man sightings as the Mowgli. That name was slowly forgotten as the term Sasquatch became popular by the non native people all across BC.

Thomas Steenburg

Are you not aware that the name "Mowgli" is a fictitious name about a fictitious character invented by Rudyard Kipling in the 1890's in his "Jungle Book" series? "Mowgli" is the name of a little boy who was raised by wolves in the stories and they are very famous stories and quite a few movies have been made of them.

It is not surprising that enterprising reporters tried to cash in on the "Jungle Book" popularity that was in vogue for such a long time in the British Empire. What I am surprised at is that someone would think that the name "Mowgli" had anything at all to do with the sasquatch or bigfoot phenomenon.

Furthermore, Lord Baden-Powell, the founder of Scouting, based Cub Scouting on a story in Rudyard Kipling's Jungle Book called "Mowgli's Brothers". Cub Scouts know it as "The Story of Akela and Mowgli". The words "Law of the Pack," "Akela," "Wolf Cub," "Grand Howl," "den," and "pack" all come from the "Jungle Book" series.

http://www.knowledgerush.com/kr/encyclopedia/Mowgli/

Edited by Transformer