Vancouver Island Sasquatch

Guest iislandgirll

I don't know how to explain it. Can someone who is more tech savvy please help her out?

When you click on the "Reply" button, at the bottom of the page is "More Reply Options". After you put in your text, click on that tab and you can upload pictures by using the "Attach File" tab I think. The pictures have to be on a website I think. I'm no expert so someone please correct me if this is wrong.

Guest iislandgirll

Picture of an area on Anutz Lake..I have a few more I can add. My step dad and mother went for a canoe trip early one morning around the lake. ( hopefully the picture posts, if not I am sorry!) Thanks for helping out with posting!!

post-19015-0-95995900-1349891028_thumb.j

post-19015-0-66034100-1349891047_thumb.j

post-19015-0-27748200-1349891079_thumb.j

SSR Team

North Vancouver Island, 2.4 people for ever km2.

Vast majority of its 49,144,61 km2 is prime, prime Sasquatch habitat.

& it used to be much more.

http://www.ancientforestalliance.org/old-growth-maps.php

SSR Team

My question about the whole situation to is....there were 3 dogs with us. One inside my cousins tent, on laying outside of a camper, and the other inside of the camper....why didnt they bark? Usually dogs bark at any kind of noise, or strange thing. We found that kind of strange being the sound was so loud.

From what i think i've learned, Dogs react differently to their presence for whatever reason.

Dogs that keep a low profile survive, the braver one's don't .. :D

I'm being serious too.

Stunning pictures by the way.

Guest iislandgirll

From what i think i've learned, Dogs react differently to their presence for whatever reason.

Dogs that keep a low profile survive, the braver one's don't .. :D

I'm being serious too.

Stunning pictures by the way.

okay thanks...my cousin was wondering about the dogs..cause usually you bring your dogs to feel safe.lol That night the dogs didnt do there job!! My mother took tho's photographs, she takes amazing shots with her camera.

Hi iislandgirll, I live in Victoria, BC and have recently been camping in Strathcona Park. Never experienced a sasquatch in my many years camping on the Island, but Vancouver Island, specifically Sidney, BC has the most moderate climate in the world. Any primate could survive the mild winters at the lower elevations on VI.

Edited by Gigantofootecus

My question about the whole situation to is....there were 3 dogs with us. One inside my cousins tent, on laying outside of a camper, and the other inside of the camper....why didnt they bark? Usually dogs bark at any kind of noise, or strange thing. We found that kind of strange being the sound was so loud.

BobbyO is spot on. There are many stories of strange behaviour involving dogs and BF. I remember one where according to tracks found one had wandered around a rather large camp with many dogs who apparently either paid it no mind, or were too afraid to act. It's one of the older, more well known stories, I'll see if I can find it and link it.

iislandgirll,

Did the dogs react at all ? Were they awake, an just remained queit ?

This island sure is easy on the eyes eh !

Pat...

Guest iislandgirll

Hi iislandgirll, I live in Victoria, BC and have recently been camping in Strathcona Park. Never experienced a sasquatch in my many years camping on the Island, but Vancouver Island, specifically Sidney, BC has the most moderate climate in the world. Any primate could survive the mild winters at the lower elevations on VI.

Yes ! I know ...thats whats crazy about this island, so much unexplored areas, and so many unknown species. I live in Port Alberni, I was from Victoria aswell. The moutains out here are hardly used for hiking!! Im usually aware of all the unusual things too, always stopping to take a photo. But in my mind, the noises that I here in the woods, crackling in the trees, snapping of branching I always think, oh bear, deer, cougar, never sasquatch!! Now That Ive looked on line and reseached it a lil, Ill definately be looking out for signs of them!

iislandgirll,

Did the dogs react at all ? Were they awake, an just remained queit ?

This island sure is easy on the eyes eh !

Pat...

The dogs didnt react at all.....they slept thru it, when we got up and made noise our selfs after that, they just layed and watched. They werent my dogs, so maybe there old dogs and dont care if noises happen, I have no idea. was strange tho.

I contacted Dr. Bindernagel today via email. He was very interested in what my experience was. He said he just finished his book after 7years, and is heading back out into the wild to do some more tracking, I asked him to keep me posted, and gave him the area. Will be interesting to see if he finds anything out there. I hope he goes there.

Anutz lake is a big lake as well, lots of Forrest cover around it, lots of caves, and strange noises echoing from distances. I'm wondering if the people of zeballious hear these noises in there town and just live with them everyday. Be interesting to talk to locals there.

What can you tell us about the caves?

Can you describe the noises in more detail? How long did they last. Were there sounds of foot falls? Did you have food and stuff outside?

There are many reprots of dogs cowering and refusing to bark when BF is around. It is very common.

Guest iislandgirll

The caves I'm unsure about. I know some of the kids paddled in the canoe to go see some, and I've just heard there are amazing caves all around. It's hard to repeat the sounds. It wasn't an all night thing is just happened once behind my tent. There was no rock throwing, no knocking. There probably was fish in the trash can... Medal one with a lid! And the kids probably dropping there food, which we told them to be careful with cause we didn't want to attract the bears. All I really know about the sound was a yowel and a long echoing sound coming from the throat. It only took me the matter of minutes to forget the exact sound...because I'm not familiar with it, and never heard it before. Being in shock, it's hard to remember. If I heard it again I'm sure my heart would start pounding. I've tried to hear different sounds on line, and it was different than any if the sounds

Some of the distance sounds I'm not sure of either. But didn't happen for long.

Were the sounds by the tent breathing sounds, snarls, grunts, growls or what?

Did the kids find the caves?

Was anything taken?

BFs seems to have a mode of operation.

Squatches will cause the toughest of dogs to cower in fear. Happened one night to my Akita while camping in Algonquin Park. Blew my mind, I was terrified.