Stick Structures?

Guest JenJen of Oldstones

I found these tree/branch formations when I went out of town this weekend and took my puppy for a walk on a jogging trail at a natural park. My friend who came with us says that she hardly ever sees anybody at the park.

The first two pictures are of several persimmon trees/saplings bent to the ground to form arches, with a fallen pine tree weighing down the ends.

The last picture is of an interesting arrangement of branches in a dead tree. You can see on the tree to the right (as you're looking at the picture) spots where branches had been torn off. Possibly to include in the structure.

I've never seen anything like these two structures. Near this last picture, there was also a huge fallen tree, with the break at the base of the tree. The break was pretty fresh looking, but I didn't get closer to it to see if the wood was rotten. There was a lot that struck me as unusual at this park, but after I saw the first structure with the persimmon trees, I got freaked out and tried not to look around, just straight ahead as we continued on the trail. My friend also thought the first formation was interesting--it was her phone that I took the pictures with because I didn't have my own. She said, "it looks like a shelter! You could put a tarp on it." And when we saw the second structure pictured here, she stopped and said, "Now, that has to be man-made!"

What do ya'think? I have more pictures showing more detail if you want me to post them. I just wanted to post these few first to find out if it's worth posting the rest.

post-20029-0-44793500-1350932200_thumb.j

post-20029-0-71480600-1350932271_thumb.j

post-20029-0-33077000-1350932302_thumb.j

Interesting for sure, especially that last one. Before anyone mentions there's cut logs involved, my experience tells me that means nothing.

Here is a tree structure that I found while I was hiking, all though you see many formations that can be done by the wind and by storms. This formation was obvious and was formed by hand. The trees were weaved together to form a teepee. And some of those trees were not even part of that area which made it even odder. The question is was it made by human or was it made by the creatures themselves? Your structures look like they were made by weather but in a picture it is hard to judge without actually being there. Here is the picture of the structure that I found:

post-482-0-02053300-1350938442_thumb.jpg

Toejam - thanks for your reply. It makes sense that they would use what was readily available. Why push down a tree when one has already been cut down for you?

Julio - thanks for your picture and reply. Your picture looks very interesting.

You said my structures look like they were done by the weather, and I can sort of buy it if someone said the arched stick structure was made when the pine tree fell onto the persimmon saplings. But for the pine tree to fall so that it only caught the tips of the saplings seems unlikely. Even the tips of the persimmons are smaller and more lightweight than the trunk of the saplings, and I would think they'd spring back pretty quickly if they were caught during the big tree's fall. There were actually many stands of saplings that made up that structure, running parallel to the fallen pine. It was hard to take pictures of.

As for the other structure I took pictures of, I respect your opinion, but I just don't see how it's possible that it was made by the weather. There are forked sticks leaning up against each tree to hold the cross stick. The other pieces of wood might be deadfall, but I don't think deadfall or weather can explain that cross branch. I've attached pictures of the right side of the structure and the left side, as well as a few more from different angles that might make it easier to evaluate.

post-20029-0-73760900-1350940446_thumb.j

post-20029-0-44965400-1350941556_thumb.j

post-20029-0-23617600-1350941612_thumb.j

post-20029-0-53874700-1350941725_thumb.j

post-20029-0-60556300-1350941753_thumb.j

SSR Team

Maybe they are Cervelo, i don't know.

But if you were aware of this Animal's existence, i'm convinced that 99.9% would come down dramatically, and then maybe we could have a conversation about the possibilty of these Animal's making certain types of stick structures for whatever reason, and not with a 0.1% chance of them doing it.

I personally am convinced these Animals use various types of structures, much like the type of things pictured in this thread.

OK, here is one for you. A couple of weeks ago, myself, my wife and grandson along with a pretty well known bigfoot person (who I will not name here) was all camping on our hunting property. There had recently been a pine much like the above Youtube video, that was bent over in a perfect bow. It had a big dead log placed on the top to pin it down. This happened in the past couple of days as it was right beside my Dad's hunting blind and there was nothing prior 2 days before.

Here is where it gets interesting. I took the grandson (Hunter) with me on my fourwheeler and a bag with 7 apples. This was an attempt at "gifting". Hunter placed 5 apples on a tree that had been pushed over and broke beside the bowed over tree. He tried to get the 6th one there, but it kept rolling off. So, I told him to put the last 2 on a stump beside it. So he put the last ones there, leaving the 5 original ones on the tree. We went back to camp, had dinner and set out audio recorders. When I woke up, I drove the 4 wheeler to the area where the apples were left. There was 1 on the stump and 6 on the broken over tree! Something had taken 1 apple and placed it where Hunter couldn't get it to stay. And yes, I recorded the entire thing. It was really cool!

KB

I've never been a big believer in stick structures. First, there's simply to many.My guess is that there would be tons of hairs and other evidence. Second, if you said you found this on day 3 of a hike deep into the woods, then maybe I would think a stealthy beast would consider bedding down there, far away from some park trail.

I'm not sure of every stick structure in the woods but I have used limbs/stumps to make improvised bucks to cut wood with while cutting up trees. You put the piece you are cutting in the vee so as to not dull your chain in the ground and to allow gravity to help you in keeping your chain from getting stuck. It might be worth it to ask Will what he does.

I found what I think of as a hunting blind once, in a day use beach area at Cottage Grove Lake in Oregon. It was very well hidden in plain sight. Kinda neat, but I couldn't prove that BF did it, though I can speculate, since it was across the lake from where the London Tracks were found, so we know BF are there.

Thanks everyone for weighing in on my pictures! I'll respond to each of you here...

Madison - Didn't you post your observations here? I remember reading a thread that described what you're talking about, and it sparked some very interesting discussion!

Ohio Bill - I never would have thought about using forked trees as an improvised sawbuck. Thanks for putting that suggestion out there!

TexSquatch - I don't know if there would be tons of hairs on a stick structure. The Bigfoots don't have hair on the palms of their hands, and most of what I've read suggests that the hair on the back of their hands is pretty short. As for other evidence, maybe you mean footprints? But a forest with deep leaf litter isn't the best environment for leaving tracks. And who knows how old those stick structures are. Regarding your second point, I agree and have the same reservations, which is why I posted the pictures here asking for peoples' thoughts on them.

kbhunter - That's cool, with the bowed pine tree and the apples! You weren't at all scared at the thought that Bigfoots might be in the area you were camping in? I don't even know if those stick structures I took pictures of are BF-related or the result of something else, but as soon as I saw those bowed persimmons I got scared. And I actually want to see a Bigfoot!

BobbyO - Thank you for your response and your very poignant observation that it's hard to have conversations about stick structures and other phenomena that might be Bigfoot related when the knee-jerk reaction is so often "There's a 99.9% chance that it's natural or man-made". I look forward to the day when that's not the case.

Cervelo - I know that you're a skeptic and I appreciate you weighing in on this. I watched the video that you linked and I don't know, that bowed pine tree sticks out like a sore thumb in that forest and to me, doesn't look natural at all!

Henry Frapp - I suppose it could but I almost never see kids playing outside anymore. Little kids at playgrounds while their parents are standing by, yes, but not older kids, which would be the most likely to have built these stick structures, if that was the case. And I don't think any kid could be strong enough to lift the fallen pine tree while their buddy bends the persimmon saplings to put underneath it.

I really wish I had been at my computer last night. This could have added 7 posts to my count and gotten me that much closer to qualifying for premium membership!

Guest Cervelo

JenJen,

LOL it's kinda funny on this site I'm a skeptic and suspected hoaxer but in the real world I'm a believer.

When we see this stuff in the woods it gets our attention because its going against the grain, horizontal instead of vertical.

I've always said if you go on a witch hunt you'll find witches.

I just don't think Biggie has any reason to make crappy shelters or has a need to indicate anything by leaving signs.

If hes the master of his domain he will do as all other creatures and leave little or no sign.

Heres another vid that you might find interesting...I could find this stuff all day in the woods of Virginia.

But it is fun just getting out there and snooping around!