Stick Structures?

Guest JenJen of Oldstones

Guest mdhunter

@JenJen I used to hunt on a property for several years that had some stuff similar to what Chris posted. I don't want to get into a long story, but when I see 80'-100' trees getting moved with no explanation, I scratch my head. This was in the 80's and early 90's. There was a lot more there that made me scratch my head. Then all of a sudden it just stopped. I spent more hours than I care to think of chasing noises in the night with no results. I'm still not sure what was being chased because it never got caught. I will say deer,fox,bear,bobcat,opossum,feral and domestic dog,coyote and a few others got ruled out for most of it.

That is likely part of why you see people here that say (including myself) that they stock more faith in experienced woodsman observation than that of suburbanite campers. Not saying a suburbanite camper can't see something, just that they may not have the experience to rule out known causes of some things. If some of the hill people I know say they can't explain something, I would be listening VERY INTENTLY. When somebody from suburbia is around here and can't explain something, it can normally be explained with foxes,bobcats,coyotes or humans. They can all make strange noises. They will all stalk/follow.

I have personally stalked trespassers without their knowledge to see where they were coming from. I have then put barriers in their route. I don't typically hunt with NO TRESPASSING signs,a hammer, and nails in my pocket, nor does anybody I know. Never thought something like this could be mistaken for BF until I came to this site. I've hesitated in posting some of this stuff because I don't want to make poachers/trespassers smarter. When somebody spends, in some cases, several thousand a year in leases,insurance, and habitat improvement, they don't like other people trying to steal it. So if said trespasser doesn't take the hint, they have put themselves in a position to get screwed with. If they choose to think it's a BF that's on them. I have always made my hints as obvious as possible that it's a human that doesn't want them there. If you saw your ATV hanging 30' up in a tree would you think it was BF? Probably not. But some of the stuff that happened before that could have been misinterpreted.

Edited by mdhunter

Guest ChrisBFRPKY

snipped*

Chris B - thank you for your thoughts on this, and suggesting some criteria for evaluating these structures. I know I will definitely take those things into consideration if I ever come across any tree twists. Any chance you could find your post that you referenced on the old forum and maybe put it out here for the discussion? If that's allowed here?

Sorry Jen, there was alot of info on the old forum that was lost during the start up of the new forum. I think there was some effort made to restore the old files at some point but it may have been in vain due to software issues. It would be a great benefit to all if those old files could have been restored. Shame. Chris B.

• 3 weeks later...

Here's an interesting website that cataloged stick structures by type and provides possible interpretations of their meaning. http://www.bigfootphenomena.webs.com/types.html

Question for Aussie and Russian BFF members (and other non-North American members who live in areas where relict hominids are suspected to exist): Have you seen stick structures in your forests?

What you call stick structures and what I call real evidence are 2 entirely different things. The answer to your question is yes, I have located bed structures here in Oz.

Edited by yowiie

Yowiie - I understand your point. I don't know how or when certain kinds of stick structures (like bowed trees and X's) came to be associated with Bigfoots in North America, but they are very often attributed to Bigfoot. It makes me wonder if that's the case in other countries that have relict hominid populations.

I asked my question in the hopes that the responses would give us some way to help evaluate the stick structures/wood formations that are found here in North America.

So... Have you seen stick structures and wood formations in Australia that are similar to the ones pictured on the link in my last post? If so, do people ever attribute them to your Yowies?

Yowiie - I understand your point. I don't know how or when certain kinds of stick structures (like bowed trees and X's) came to be associated with Bigfoots in North America, but they are very often attributed to Bigfoot. It makes me wonder if that's the case in other countries that have relict hominid populations.

I asked my question in the hopes that the responses would give us some way to help evaluate the stick structures/wood formations that are found here in North America.

So... Have you seen stick structures and wood formations in Australia that are similar to the ones pictured on the link in my last post? If so, do people ever attribute them to your Yowies?

I have seen plenty of the so called stick structures, but I certainly don't attribute them to yowies, there is no reason to do so. As far as I am concerned they are just fallen limbs that have fallen into these positions.

I cannot explain what you guys have got going on over there

Here is one for you. I have pics and videos of 60 foot pines that have been bent over and pinned with a dead tree. The dead tree was lying in the tall grass and was moved over and used to pin a live green one. I have seen this on more than one occasion. Also, if you have access to the premium section, I have a thread posted there from 2010 regarding stick structures.

KB

kbhunter - I would love to see those pics too! I tried to find your thread in the premium section but didn't have any luck.

Hey guys....they are on video on my phone. I will try and get them on here, be patient with me, I am NOT very technologically savvy.

KB

Hahaha, I have tried but can't get the videos to upload. So, tonight I will let my wife upload the videos to Youtube and I will try again.Funny thing is, I had no trouble putting them on FB.

KB

Folks, this is caused by wind, rain, water and maybe even a hunter. Heavy snow falls, summer thunder storms and an ocassional hurrican can do weird things.

You are only seeing what you want to see. If there was a fire ring around these sites you'd be telling me that you saw a BF rubbing two stciks togther, lol...