Stick Structures?

Guest JenJen of Oldstones

Guest VioletX

post-18710-0-40783600-1354420454_thumb.j

post-18710-0-60534000-1354420638.jpg

post-18710-0-16995600-1354420705.jpg

Here is a couple I found a week ago...not too fancy, but there were about 6 near eachother and other parts of the woods just had the random deadfall, they seemed to mark a way down a hill towards a stream, also a cool double tree that you could sit in-between, seemed like a lookout place, or my imagination, haha!

Btw, thanks Jen I am going to look at that link from above.

I may be missing a picture, these were taken by my crappy cellphone:

Hey Cervelo, yes, I have seen some of those leaning trees as well, I also liked the tangled criss- cross one, so much more so than Blobsquatches,lol. I have a few more to photograph next time including an arched one ; )

Guest VioletX

post-18710-0-15710800-1354472328_thumb.j

Here is one I forgot earlier...I know, not too eye-popping, but again, it was the preponderance of them in one small area that made me pause. The surrounding areas have tons of deadfall but no obvious stick structures.

There was a tree break too, I will go take a picture later if I can ; )

Edit to say: and no that is not a baby bigfoot or an owl, that is my dog.

Edited by VioletX

Guest TexasTracker

Stick structures always seem to get a good debate going... Like everything else, I try to put them in context. I take a critical look at ANY likelihood it could have happened naturally. Is there a reason for it; IE along a game trail, etc. I know of at least two different Boy-Scout troops that hit the woods and require the kids to made primitive shelters.

All that being said, I have found a few that I simply struggle to explain away.

Always keep an open mind, but a critical eye.... Occam's Razor... if you know what I mean.

Guest VioletX

I really do not think they can be conclusive unless you find Bf hairs or other evidence to say that a BF was utilizing them. But they are fun to look for if you are out in the woods.

Mine could be not BF related, but also do not look like something a scout created for use as a shelter.

Edited by VioletX

Guest VioletX

My mission was cut short due to rain, but I got a few interesting photos, but here is the thing; a few of them have Orbs in them, ORBS! :rock:

You know I do not believe in orbs in pictures being anything other than dust or something caused by flash...but still I have never photographed orbs before so it was Kool. : D

Will share later when I find my camera cable....

http://www.blueridge...ees-that-speak/ Maybe BF seen the Cherokee making these to comunicate.These trees usualy marked a good trail and were supposed to possible point to good camps and or water. These were made sorta like bonsai to start, by staking them down with stakes and leather thongs until they took shape. BF not using tools they devised their own method to mark water , game areas, shelter etc.

David NC - I love Indian trail trees and have always hoped I might find one some day.

Violet - thanks so much for sharing your pictures! Is there a trail you use when you're walking your dog in the woods, and where you also find these stick formations? There are a couple of natural parks along a prominent stream corridor in my part of town where I go to walk my dog, and now that I have the Bigfoot bug, I feel like I see these kinds of things everywhere I look! Of course, they are only along the trails because I am too scared to go off-trail on my own, so I have to tell myself they're surely natural or man made. Maybe I should take pictures of them anyway and post them here for comparison purposes. I would really like to see pics of some of the great big tree structures that some people have witnessed.

Cervelo - I appreciate your videos, thank you so much for posting them. I like your pragmatic approach in evaluating ambiguous Bigfoot phenomena like stick structures, leaning trees, tree bows, and rock tossing. It's especially nice that the tone of your videos isn't smug or mocking at all.

Guest Cervelo

Thanks Jen I'll have to do a better job of sounding smug and mocking LOL

I do tend to type what I'm actually thinking not so much when speaking :) thank goodness I don't get my ass whooped as much as when I was younger!

Guest VioletX

David NC - I love Indian trail trees and have always hoped I might find one some day.

Violet - thanks so much for sharing your pictures! Is there a trail you use when you're walking your dog in the woods, and where you also find these stick formations? There are a couple of natural parks along a prominent stream corridor in my part of town where I go to walk my dog, and now that I have the Bigfoot bug, I feel like I see these kinds of things everywhere I look! Of course, they are only along the trails because I am too scared to go off-trail on my own, so I have to tell myself they're surely natural or man made. Maybe I should take pictures of them anyway and post them here for comparison purposes. I would really like to see pics of some of the great big tree structures that some people have witnessed.

Cervelo - I appreciate your videos, thank you so much for posting them. I like your pragmatic approach in evaluating ambiguous Bigfoot phenomena like stick structures, leaning trees, tree bows, and rock tossing. It's especially nice that the tone of your videos isn't smug or mocking at all.

Thanks JenJen,

Do share your pix !

These were off of the trail a little ways on a hillside, although hard to tel from the pics, I am afraid to post the ones from the other day, they do not look as good in some pictures and then I will have to see Cervelo's witty commentary!

@Cervelo- I agree you do not sound smug or snarky in your videos, I am exactly the opposite, I am far less sweet in person than I am in print,muahahhaha!

David, TFS- I have never heard of these tree markers.

http://www.blueridge...ees-that-speak/ Maybe BF seen the Cherokee making these to comunicate.These trees usualy marked a good trail and were supposed to possible point to good camps and or water. These were made sorta like bonsai to start, by staking them down with stakes and leather thongs until they took shape. BF not using tools they devised their own method to mark water , game areas, shelter etc.

how did they prove the tree in that story is 200 years old? I doubt few if any Indian trees still exist east of the Rockies.

Guest VioletX

post-18710-0-12514600-1354637260_thumb.j

My husband said this picture is of my dog yawning at my Stick Structure ; }

post-18710-0-42955500-1354638186_thumb.j

post-18710-0-33347400-1354637398_thumb.j

Apologies this is just one of the pictures with my thumb in it; hard to focus when the baby is trying to steal the camera...

post-18710-0-31229600-1354637537_thumb.j

tree break

post-18710-0-95696400-1354637604_thumb.jpost-18710-0-64976700-1354637833_thumb.jpost-18710-0-20393100-1354637641_thumb.j

note orbs ; )

post-18710-0-48947300-1354637970_thumb.j

this was chosen because I saw this type of structure in JenJens link from way above, this one was pointing upward wedged in the rocks, although it looks like it is laying one the ground. more orbs-haha! It was bigger than it appears, looks like a twig here,lol

post-18710-0-18485800-1354638282_thumb.j

some of these photograph more lame than they looked in person

Am I allowed to post this many pix? Hopefully this is a break for everyone following the Ketchum thread!

Edited by VioletX

Oooh, nice tree bow! Stick structures are really hard to photograph to do them justice, that's for sure. Thanks for posting all those pics! I'll take pictures of some of the other stuff I've seen at the park next weekend, because I won't be able to get out there till then (it's gets dark too quickly after I get home from work).

Guest VioletX

I definitely think they make hunting blinds and if we were to assume that they would need to communicate in some way to each other, besides woodknocks and vocal sounds, what else could they do but use what is all ready naturally provided for them. They do not have Iphones and unless they are using telepathy...; ]

Here's an interesting website that cataloged stick structures by type and provides possible interpretations of their meaning. http://www.bigfootph....com/types.html

Question for Aussie and Russian BFF members (and other non-North American members who live in areas where relict hominids are suspected to exist): Have you seen stick structures in your forests?

Grettings all, this is my first post, thought I'd share an experience I had in Belize a few weeks ago.

On vacation visiting some Myan ruins, hanging on the beach, and finding a few geocaches. We rented a car in Corozal town and went to see a little known ruin near Sarteneja, and look for the geocache called Sarteneja Cenote, which was placed in Feb. 2011 and hasn't been found since. We drove to the SE part of town, found the dirt road as described, drove as far as I could before the road ended. My GPS showed that the cache was still 800 feet away, so I decided to walk. My wife and sisiter-in-law stayed with the car. There was a decent trail that headed in the direction of the cache so I figured this would not be too difficult. Walked for a few minutes, came to a clearing about the size of a small lot, about 3000 sq ft or so. GPS indicated the cache was on the other side of the clearing. On the other side now and still had 400 feet to go. There was a little bit of a path heading in the general direction so I keep going. In aAbout 80-90 feet the path became more like a game trail, but stii visible.

I'm walking on the path and checking the GPS, and come up to an arch structure like the ones in some of the photos in this thread. There were three more sticks laying against the arch in an X pattern blocking the path. I moved two out of the way and kept walking. Then I noticed another arch with the X pattern about 50 feet further down the path. The forest is thick enough to make it difficult to walk around these arches, I thought that someone may have put these here deliberately.

I didn't feel strange or like something was watching me, but I decided that going deeper into this forest was not a good idea, so I turned around a left, after putting the X back against the first arch.

If there any geocachers on this site, here is the code for the cache to see were it is, GC2NMJN. goto geocaching.com and do a search if interesred.