Finding Bigfoot

What results?

The same responses people talk about on here that we get excited about. Their methods aren't much different than those that people suggest on here.

There's no certain scientific procedure that's written in stone to catch a Sasquatch, To get science on board all they need is physical evidence and science has even failed at getting that. What they do on the show is science, and their experiments have had results.

Who has ever done anything that has attracted main stream science enough to get on board?

Guest wudewasa

Their methods aren't much different than those that people

Who has ever done anything that has attracted main stream science enough to get on board?

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, Dr. Jeff Meldrum, Dr. Melba Ketchum for starters. Others are flying under the radar until conclusive evidence is accepted. Blurry pics, audio recordings, tracks, airborne rocks, wood knocks and stick structures just don't cut the mustard.

The Finding Bigfoot team finds to be at best peripheral data that academics refuse to buy into, they want to be shown the monkey. MM makes some wild, unprovable claim that we must accept as true because he is a self proclaimed expert that has been squatching for a couple of decades. If you disagree with him, then he has a meltdown. Do not Question the great and powerful OZ! lol Here's the expert at work!

The same responses people talk about on here that we get excited about. Their methods aren't much different than those that people suggest on here.

That excitement is what leads to errors in judgement being made. For example the Elbe hoaxed tracks. Cliff was involved in what happened there. IMO, at least in the beginning Cliff believed the trackway was legit. Cliff and Bobo are great guys, but sometimes it seems they have Bigfoot blinders on. It happens to a lot of folks in this field. Even the ones who are considered the "top" of the field. I also understand that the editing of the show can have a lot to do with making it look like they think everything is caused by Bigfoot, even when they don't.

@Tim - just a quick comment I thought you might find interesting.

Last night I was invited for a "Finding Bigfoot" viewing at my friend's house.

I'm considering it.

Just a weird coincidence.

@Tim - just a quick comment I thought you might find interesting.

Last night I was invited for a "Finding Bigfoot" viewing at my friend's house.

I'm considering it.

Just a weird coincidence.

You should go. Not for your sake, but for your friends. You can explain to them what may be "real" and what is crap reality TV.

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, Dr. Jeff Meldrum, Dr. Melba Ketchum for starters. Others are flying under the radar until conclusive evidence is accepted. Blurry pics, audio recordings, tracks, airborne rocks, wood knocks and stick structures just don't cut the mustard.

Agreed, unless hard physical evidence is produced, BF will remain in the realm of myth and science will generally pay it no mind.

The Finding Bigfoot team finds to be at best peripheral data that academics refuse to buy into, they want to be shown the monkey. MM makes some wild, unprovable claim that we must accept as true because he is a self proclaimed expert that has been squatching for a couple of decades. If you disagree with him, then he has a meltdown. Do not Question the great and powerful OZ! lol Here's the expert at work!

That video is a very good example of what is wrong with the show (among other things). For one thing, unless you saw the later version of that episode, you would not know those thermal images, at least some of them, are of the crew. I'm not sure any of it is what they thought might be a BF.

Also, what caused Moneymaker to give chase is he was convinced it was a person, perhaps attempting to hoax them, not a BF, and therefore tried to catch them. The rest of the crew wasn't as convinced it was someone and that's really what caused the disagreement.

As I say, exactly what is wrong with the show, creative editing, playing with the truth.

The team has no control over editing. We all seen that with the horse Matt seen, and Matt made it right.

Ketchum, Meldrum, aren't Mainstream science Wudewasa. The common current thought of the majority was what I was talking about.

That excitement is what leads to errors in judgement being made. For example the Elbe hoaxed tracks. Cliff was involved in what happened there. IMO, at least in the beginning Cliff believed the trackway was legit. Cliff and Bobo are great guys, but sometimes it seems they have Bigfoot blinders on. It happens to a lot of folks in this field. Even the ones who are considered the "top" of the field. I also understand that the editing of the show can have a lot to do with making it look like they think everything is caused by Bigfoot, even when they don't.

They're in a hotspot, anything could be Bigfoot. What else do BFers have? Remove questionable evidence and there's nothing left. Get a good sample and they found BF, game over.

All I hear on this thread is "they're doing a terrible job". If so and so is so much better at it why aren't they doing it? The show is good, watch it and see or tell me where I can watch so and so do better.

Edited by Tim Kota

Guest wudewasa

Ketchum, Meldrum, aren't Mainstream science Wudewasa. The common current thought of the majority was what I was talking about.

Correct, but DNA analysis in a major peer reviewed journal (if ever published) will make some academics interested. A body is what's needed. I really hope this will come to fruition, but the science must be sound.

As was remarked before, Finding Bigfoot is entertainment. While the BFRO claims that it does scientific research, its founder, MM, doesn't deliver.

As was remarked before, Finding Bigfoot is entertainment. While the BFRO claims that it does scientific research, its founder, MM, doesn't deliver.

He does research Bigfoot though and he has a lot of good people helping. It's all entertainment until someone delivers if you really think about it.

Talking about a peer reviewed journal without having one is entertainment. I remember when they talked about having a body too.

Edited by Tim Kota

Guest wudewasa

Talking about a peer reviewed journal without having one is entertainment. I remember when they talked about having a body too.

You know these people who are helping him? I know a couple, and they really don't need MM, just the BFRO database. MM's past interactions with certain former BFRO members are not all roses, especially if a person disagrees with him. The PMP has more info if you are interested.

I don't find these things entertaining at all, but am open to the presentation of both a body and publication if they ever happen.

Now, back to the train wreck of a show that entertains rather than informs.

I don't find these things entertaining at all, but am open to the presentation of both a body and publication if they ever happen.

There's a large number of people that do including me. That's a big "if" and I don't see it ever happening since it hasn't happened yet. What you see on Finding Bigfoot is probably covering everything we will ever know about BF, and you can quote me on that one thousand years from now.

You know these people who are helping him? I know a couple, and they really don't need MM, just the BFRO database. MM's past interactions with certain former BFRO members are not all roses, especially if a person disagrees with him.

They need MM to make the show, it would be boring without him.

Guest wudewasa

They need MM to make the show, it would be boring without him.

Lol! If they took him off of it, then I'd actually start watching it for its entertainment value alone.

Lol! If they took him off of it, then I'd actually start watching it for its entertainment value alone.

I'd probably stop, it would be like when they took Charlie Sheen off 21/2 men. It just wasn't the same anymore. I got bored watching Monster Quest because it lacked the pizazz that Finding Bigfoot has.