Different Bf Species?

Guest vasquatch1984

Guest vasquatch1984

First off, I'm new here, so ill start with a little about me. I'm 28, live in Richmond VA, and I've been fascinated with Bigfoot for as long as I can remember. I've never had an experience that I can't rule out as something else, but I've always wanted to find more evidence. Anyway, I've been doing a lot of reading the past few weeks, and it has got me to thinking a little about this topic.

I've been reading a lot of reports and something has really stuck out about some of the sightings that I would like to maybe have some further input on. Mainly has to do with some of the reports that Mary Greene has compiled from Eastern Tennessee and the ones I heard as a kid growing up in Western NC. It seems that the BFs living in those regions tend to be more tribal in nature with group structures and the like. There was also a report from a guy from MI who said that in his experiences, there tends to be two groups; one who are smaller and live in groups, and others who are bigger, more aggressive and solitary. He stated that the smaller tribal groups tend to avoid human contact and are more rare to encounter then the bigger more aggressive ones. Anyone have any ideas on this?

I've also heard Cherokee elders say the same thing. Also, how do the wolfman types come into this? Different species, something related or hoax?

Yup......you are on the right track, there are the 'big ones' and 'smaller ones' down here in Texas, but probably even more BF Races worldwide. I like to use the word 'Race' over 'Species', and just like the different human races, they come in all sizes, colors, and social characteristics.

• Upvote 1

Guest vasquatch1984

Why hasn't this really been touched on by the mainstream BF researchers? I've also heard that some groups use tools too....

Also, I think after reading over a hundred reports or so, there are two that stick out (and ill find the link and post it) about a BF encounter in Eastern TN about a bigfoot like creature that had horns. The guy who had the experience also shot the creature over 150 times with a .22 and it still came at him. That story was related to Mary Greene in the early 2000's and the other ones that intrest me are the wolfman stories. A lot of native tribes tend to have stories about these things, and I've read a couple of stories on them as well (one being on here about LBL, which I've been through and there is something creepy about that place). I still am trying to figure out how they relate.

Guest vasquatch1984

Would you agree to a smaller timid group and a lone aggro type? What's the differences in the reports Nathan?

I've also wondered if the behavior changes depending on location or if its different sub species? From what I've read, it seems that most of the East Coast and Midwest encounters tend to be more mellow, but the in the South East, Texas, OK etc they are menacing and very threatening. I know that other animals types tend to be more aggressive in different enviroments due to competing with other species of preditors. Like coyoties in some states have very aggressive wolf like behavors where in other states they aren't as aggressive.

I've also wondered if the behavior changes depending on location or if its different sub species? From what I've read, it seems that most of the East Coast and Midwest encounters tend to be more mellow, but the in the South East, Texas, OK etc they are menacing and very threatening. I know that other animals types tend to be more aggressive in different enviroments due to competing with other species of preditors. Like coyoties in some states have very aggressive wolf like behavors where in other states they aren't as aggressive.

Well I think that the larger type live in family units and are stay deep into the larger more wild areas fringed by farm land, they are your standerd Sasquatch. Now the smaller type seems around 6 foot, thier heads seem more rounded than conacal, they do also seem to be in family units but they will stray closer to human areas searching for food, even going through dumpsters on some accounts. They in most cases seem to be mild and quiet { there are a few bad tempered ones out there }. They can almost sound human in thier vocal quality and are very sneaky. This is my view of what these spieces are like based of reports and other data. But I could be wrong, it may also just be Juvy males going more urban and taking riskes. If it where Juvy males it may expliane, the more rounded head, they may develope this crest as they get older.

There was also a report from a guy from MI who said that in his experiences, there tends to be two groups; one who are smaller and live in groups, and others who are bigger, more aggressive and solitary. He stated that the smaller tribal groups tend to avoid human contact and are more rare to encounter then the bigger more aggressive ones. Anyone have any ideas on this?

I'd say the simple answer there would the smaller ones who stay in a group are females and young, and the bigger, aggressive solitary ones are adult males.

Why hasn't this really been touched on by the mainstream BF researchers? I've also heard that some groups use tools too....

It has been touched on... but for the most part.. is considered stories, with no proof behind it. I don't consider myself "mainstream", but have discussed the possibility of something different (smaller and thinner) being in the Northeast.. in particular, the Adirondacks. Can only base it on what I briefly saw, and other witnesses have reported.. dating back several hundred years. When I read witness reports of what they think are "juveniles" (for the most part), they are often described as mini (hulks) versions of the adults, in most of N. America. Not the case, in many witness reports here. Doubting if all the thin, lanky, smaller ones seen.. are juveniles of one species.. but who really knows, yet (?)

Never heard of them using "tools" per say.. but did hear about one knocking a raccoon out of a tree, with a tree branch in hand.

Edited by imonacan

Guest vasquatch1984

well a stick was being used as a tool....I've also heard of some bigfoot deer kills being described that the deer body looked like it had been cut open with a blunt instrument of some kind, and the livers removed. It wouldn't suprise me as other primates (mainly chimps) use tools(not in the primitive man sense, but they use sticks to kill game and collect ants). I find the MI reports interesting, it would be neat to find out if its a tribal thing, different species, or if it is females or young adults. From what I've heard from the Northwest, that females are fairly large. I also wonder if enviroment plays a part, I know MI and upstate NY tend to have harsher weather, so maybe that has something to do with it?

in particular, the Adirondacks. Can only base it on what I briefly saw, and other witnesses have reported.. dating back several hundred years. When I read witness reports of what they think are "juveniles" (for the most part), they are often described as mini (hulks) versions of the adults, in most of N. America. Not the case, in many witness reports here. Doubting if all the thin, lanky, smaller ones seen.. are juveniles of one species..

A smaller sized BF is something that I've wondered about for some time and would explain a lot in my mind.

I've really only been following BF since 09 and my curiosity is only in what's happening locally but what I find frustrating is that all things BF seen to only be measured by the BF template of the PNW, what if there are different critters? what things are being ignored because it doesn't fit with the established template?

Edited by peter

Guest vasquatch1984

Yeah, I had never really thought about it until I read the MI sightings. That gave me some insight and made me kinda wonder. Like Tex said too, all humans are different, so why can't bigfoot? I mean look at evolution, creatures evolve depending on location. It also makes me wonder if bigfoot is a blanket term for other unknown humanoid creatures?

A smaller sized BF is something that I've wondered about for some time and would explain a lot in my mind.

I've really only been following BF since 09 and my curiosity is only in what's happening locally but what I find frustrating is that all things BF seen to only be measured by the BF template of the PNW, what if there are different critters? what things are being ignored because it doesn't fit with the established template?

Much has been ignored, outside of the PNW.. especially, before BF "research" and enthusiasts went cyber. I don't personally believe, there Has been an established template, that could possibly fit all of the witness reports. There are definitely some common occurences and patterns.. but eyewitness descriptions can vary, greatly...even from within a given region, or even the same location. There will be A Whole Lot left to learn.. Long after such DNA studies, or the Holy Grail "proof", is established.

Guest BFSleuth

This topic (different species of bigfoot) has been discussed before:

Three or four types of hairy hominid/pongids might be extant in North America, with more types in other parts of the world.