Different Bf Species?

Guest vasquatch1984

Guest BastetsCat

Mistaken identity. The "horns" may have just been sticks in the BF's hair. Dogmen on the other hand, that is another story.

In Colorado, not far from where I live and close to the family homestead...there is a historical story of one that had horns. 100 years old or so. Don't know much detail about it. No one in my family ever saw it as far as I know...but my family would not talk about something like that....Old ranchers.

Guest wudewasa

Anyone hear of the LBL monster? Or better yet, anyone been to LBL? That's one of the most creepy places I've been to in my life.

What area in LBL did you go to?

Spent time down there is college, camped out in the middle of nowhere by myself quite a bit. Canoed and hiked the shoreline, mountain biked the interior. I saw all kinds of interesting stuff, felt very safe there. Nothing bigfoot related ever encountered.

Why hasn't this really been touched on by the mainstream BF researchers? I've also heard that some groups use tools too....

Also, I think after reading over a hundred reports or so, there are two that stick out (and ill find the link and post it) about a BF encounter in Eastern TN about a bigfoot like creature that had horns. The guy who had the experience also shot the creature over 150 times with a .22 and it still came at him. That story was related to Mary Greene in the early 2000's and the other ones that intrest me are the wolfman stories. A lot of native tribes tend to have stories about these things, and I've read a couple of stories on them as well (one being on here about LBL, which I've been through and there is something creepy about that place). I still am trying to figure out how they relate.

Do you have a source for the story about the bf with horns? I've never heard it and would like to read it.

I dont believe in the whole dogman thing. Part of the reason Sasquatch is plausible is that Apes are good at being secretive. Canines... not so much.

However, I do have a picture on my computer from various internet travels that is claimed to be the Beast of Bray Road, or the Wisconsin dogman. I dont think it's a werewolf, and it's a pretty sketchy shot, but it's one of my favorite images of cryptid horror lore. :P

creepy photo....almost looks like a lion in mid-air

I wouldnt say I believe in the dogman....might be a different kind of bigfoot, i dunno. But every area around the world and the country seem to have a different type

of bigfoot. Here in fl i've heard they have more of a red tinted fur and 4 toes. Some, but not all.

Guest vasquatch1984

What area in LBL did you go to?

Spent time down there is college, camped out in the middle of nowhere by myself quite a bit. Canoed and hiked the shoreline, mountain biked the interior. I saw all kinds of interesting stuff, felt very safe there. Nothing bigfoot related ever encountered.

outside Brandon Spring when I was a scout. It just felt creepy, may have just been the kid in me

Do you have a source for the story about the bf with horns? I've never heard it and would like to read it.

creepy photo....almost looks like a lion in mid-air

I wouldnt say I believe in the dogman....might be a different kind of bigfoot, i dunno. But every area around the world and the country seem to have a different type

of bigfoot. Here in fl i've heard they have more of a red tinted fur and 4 toes. Some, but not all.

here ya go Skyla http://www.gcbro.com/WS0024.html . Not sure what I make of it to be honest, but knowing there's another story out there makes me wonder.

both sides of my grandmas family had stories about this stuff (half Mohawk and French Canuck), and she wouldn't really talk about it, just said it exsisted. I guess its bad juju. There IMHO more to the "dogman" then it being another species or a different type of Bigfoot. Anyone hear of the LBL monster? Or better yet, anyone been to LBL? That's one of the most creepy places I've been to in my life.

My great-grandfather was Acadian and I don't ever remember him talking about anything like that, he was from Nova Scotia and died when I was in my teens.

My grandfather is still alive and he has never talked about anything remotely like it

Guest wudewasa

outside Brandon Spring when I was a scout. It just felt creepy, may have just been the kid in me.

Brandon Springs was pretty developed as far as LBL went in the early 1990s. I liked the Ginger Bay section in TN, but hiking around Hematite Lake under a full moon was magical as well. Happy times!

Guest vasquatch1984

My great-grandfather was Acadian and I don't ever remember him talking about anything like that, he was from Nova Scotia and died when I was in my teens.

My grandfather is still alive and he has never talked about anything remotely like it

Was your great grandfather superstitious? Mine were, like I said, I never really took much stock in it to be honest. I have heard my grandma talk about the little men of the woods and the hairyman. I don't know about dogmen though. She mentioned it, something of a skinwalker/windigo creature and was reluctant to discuss it further. I honestly don't know if the dogman thing was something of a remanate of legend from France, or native lore or what. But call me crazy, but I believe in the skinwalker thing. I don't care if anyone here wants to dismiss me as crazy or whatever because I'm generally very skeptical and scientific I'm my views. Also, if you ask any of the Cajuns in LA, they will talk about werewolves and the like....

Brandon Springs was pretty developed as far as LBL went in the early 1990s. I liked the Ginger Bay section in TN, but hiking around Hematite Lake under a full moon was magical as well. Happy times!

Like I said, it might have been just me being a kid and being scared of the unknown, plus I'm sure the scoutmasters tails of the LBL monster didn't help!

First off, I'm new here, so ill start with a little about me. I'm 28, live in Richmond VA, and I've been fascinated with Bigfoot for as long as I can remember. I've never had an experience that I can't rule out as something else, but I've always wanted to find more evidence. Anyway, I've been doing a lot of reading the past few weeks, and it has got me to thinking a little about this topic.

I've been reading a lot of reports and something has really stuck out about some of the sightings that I would like to maybe have some further input on. Mainly has to do with some of the reports that Mary Greene has compiled from Eastern Tennessee and the ones I heard as a kid growing up in Western NC. It seems that the BFs living in those regions tend to be more tribal in nature with group structures and the like. There was also a report from a guy from MI who said that in his experiences, there tends to be two groups; one who are smaller and live in groups, and others who are bigger, more aggressive and solitary. He stated that the smaller tribal groups tend to avoid human contact and are more rare to encounter then the bigger more aggressive ones. Anyone have any ideas on this?

I've also heard Cherokee elders say the same thing. Also, how do the wolfman types come into this? Different species, something related or hoax?

I haven't read this whole thread so if I'm parroting others I apologize.

But the first thing that strikes me is not a different sub species but rather gender is the explanation. Females and offspring would tend to stick together and be smaller and more passive. Males would tend to be larger, more solitary and aggressive. Just my .02 cents.

Edited by norseman

Guest vasquatch1984

That has been touched upon too. The other thing that was mentioned was regional differences too. For instance a bear round my parts would be around 200 lbs, but other parts of the country they can get huge (although a guy just recently shot a 600 pounder....which is HUGE for a BB)

Guest BastetsCat

From what I have noticed the females tend to look more like Patty. The males are broad shouldered lean and muscular.

I don't think that hair color denotes a species. I have seen cinnamon colored, black, grey, and white up here and mixtures of those colors as well.

Regional differences are more likely in my opinion. Maybe even cultural differences. I am from the somewhat human camp, at least other than animal.

I'd have to say any supposed 'Squatch with four toes likely is a hoax, IMO.

Southern BF often have four toes, some even only have three toes. There are reports that I have read in other regions, but it seems most common in the southern states.

Not to mention... horns? I call mistaken identity, what he thought was a Squatch was actually the devil :P

what's about this dogman? Does anyone actually believe in that...?

Horned stories always make me wonder about the cults in ancient times that whorshipped the horned Gods....mostly a greek or Roman cult myth...when the horned gods were mostly northern countries and preceeded the roman invasion. Either way the history of it interests me when mixed with the thought. Especially when you think about pan.

There are more things out there in myth and legend than just the one giant. According to most native legends there were many different species of giants. The little people varied by tribe and most were horribly feared, even more than the giants. I think the Ute called them Pitikumpf or something similar. In some stories they could be good or evil, depending on how they viewed you and how they felt that day.

I have heard stories from around Mt. St. Helens about three foot tall creatures that lived exclusively under ground. The natives as I have heard took seeing them as a bad omen....I wonder if seeing them meant the mountain was about to explode. I have met a few people from there in my lifetime...they all told the same stories or similar even though none of those friends of mine had met each other. So I have a hard time believing that there is not more info about them on the web.They were BF like, but short and delicate looking compared with big eyes.

In my opinion from the way they are described I would call them goblins....like the UK myth....strange how seperate cultures have similar myths and similar creatures even though they were seperated by oceans with little or no contact for as much as 15,000 years.

The one that freaks me out is the white hairless thing that looks like a hairless BF....those are creepy. Have heard about them being around here. Can't remember what they are supposed to be called. Supposed to be some harbinger of death though. There is a picture of one on a trail cam somewhere on the internet. I laughed about the picture at some point and said 'look a BF with Mange.' but got reprimanded by my son....they are not funny.

I will have to think on this some more.

That horned BF story is a crock. If he didn't start firing until the beast was 25 ft away, it would have closed on him and had his head twisted off by the 5th shot.

I'd have to say any supposed 'Squatch with four toes likely is a hoax, IMO.

I guess it would be just about as much a "hoax" as a regular bf footprint. Its pretty much the norm for skunkape prints to have four toes. They are different than bf, more of a cousin I guess. lol Skunkapes look more like an orangutan, than a gorilla.There are skunkape sightings mostly in fl, but also georgia and even south carolina.

http://dreamcrisp.blogspot.com/2008/08/bigfoot-vs-skunk-ape.html

http://unx3.tripod.com/crypto.html

http://www.lorencoleman.com/myakka.html

NCBRR,

That is, unless he managed a head shot.

A BF's forehead looks like a tiny target, even though there is nothing small about them.

That rearward slope doesn't help matters either.