Different Bf Species?

Guest vasquatch1984

Guest vasquatch1984

Could I have a link to that MI report?

Hey, I searched for the article in question and it seems to have been pulled. Either that, or I got the state wrong, which is likely. bear with me, I just started working nights, so my brain is a wee bit scattered.

Also if anyone wants to merge this article, feel free.

Loren Coleman published a book over a decade ago that catalogued each of the different types based on regional reports. I believe he included population zones for each. I found the sheer variety doubtful at the time, but I'm a tad more open-minded about it now. Still think that there aren't as many different variants as in his book, though.

Guest vasquatch1984

Well, I think the walls are starting to come down as far as people reporting sightings. I don't think people think its as crazy as before. As weird as it sounds, growing up in the country, I didn't know many people who DIDN'T have some sort of weird, unexplainable experience at least once. But, a lot of them really wouldn't go into a lot of detail. I think sightings are probably more common place then we know

Guest JiggyPotamus

Personally I refuse to accept that there exists more than one species of sasquatch. Like Tex mentioned, the sheer variety present among homo sapiens is enough to account for just about any variations, without the need of introducing a new species into the mix. However, I think that if there were going to be multiple species of sasquatch, the variation would be found between those living in North America and Asia. I believe that sasquatch migrated from Asia into NA at least around the same time as early humans, if not sooner. It is hard to say really, but I still think that the yeti, etc., found overseas are nothing more than another race of sasquatch, and not an entirely new species.

Loren Coleman published a book over a decade ago that catalogued each of the different types based on regional reports.

What's the title?

Could it be "The Field Guide to Bigfoot and Other Mystery Primates" ( Coleman / Huyghe ) ?

If so, I have the book. It mentions a smaller, lankier, pot bellied male creature.. that hung around (after being fed) a Professor's cabin in PA, in the 70s. No mention,though.. of the thin "wood devil" or "stick men" seen for many generations, in Coleman country (New England).

Somebody did an illustrated comparison of the BF's in different parts of the country. If I remember correctly, there were three kinds and they varied by size and behavior.

The largest was the Pacific Coast BF that is found in CA, OR and WA. The ones from Texas and surrounding areas were the next largest and by far the most aggressive. Then there were the skunk apes in FL and other parts of the South. They are the smallest of the three. However, don't quote me on any of this as I'm going from memory.

My personal opinion is that there are at LEAST three different types, based on what I have read and heard. However, I'm not sure about size being limited because of geography. I have read reports of very large specimens in TX, OK and FL that would match up, size wise, to any BF on the West Coast.

It would appear that, more than likely, they would be the same species but different "types" or races. I'm not sure how the dog man type creatures would fit into this particular theory but they may be just another type of BF.

Another theory is that the BF are migratory and may wander large distances for food or breeding. If in fact, they are small in number, they would have to travel in order to avoid inbreeding within a certain segment of the population. If they are human or close to humans, this would make perfect sense.

This breeding between geographic segments of the populations would result in varied appearances like the ones that are commonly described.

Guest curiouse

It would be more surprising if there were not variations in the species.

Take the common deer, the northern deer is large well muscled and very strong, the florida deer is very small, almost the size of a german shepard dog. Thinner and not that bulky overall. The variations are simply due to location and genetics developed according to habitat over years.

If reports of bigfoot were uniformly the same all over I would be more inclined to think people were imagining them .

Guest vasquatch1984

Just because of regional varience, I agree with that, but it doesn't explain some of peoples sightings. Like the BF's with horns or dogman sightings....

Guest SquatchinNY

Mistaken identity. The "horns" may have just been sticks in the BF's hair. Dogmen on the other hand, that is another story.

Guest vasquatch1984

Could be, but the report came from a reliable source as related to Mary Greene. The guy said it (the horns) where the same color as the creature. He was an outdoorsman and very knowlegable about what was in those woods....ill post the link and let you judge for yourselves, but sticks could be an explanation, but I doubt it myself. http://www.gcbro.com/WS0024.html

The odd thing is that he mentioned Indian grave yards...so I don't know what that means. I'm not really convenced by a lot of paranormal stuff.