Rick Dyer Again

Guest Scout1959

Guest VioletX

So, it was in 2008 that we had the Freezer hoax and yes maybe Dyer has been riding on that infamy and getting opportunities to make $ that way. But he has gone on expeditions and traveled searching for Bigfoot. Now 4 years later he decides it has been time to do another hoax, but up until now, no fake videos or tracks, only the silly Gorilla mask that he admitted the next day was a mistake...

I think we have evidence that he can hoax, but also that he can be serious about hunting for Bigfoot. Whose idea was it to hunt in San Antonio and to take the word of homeless people seriously?

Not any of us that is for sure.

Maybe this opportunistic BF was a pretty good nemesis for a bigfoot hunter who is opportunistic as well.

So are you saying that RD got all parties involved (the film crew, the people who were with him for the bigfoot tracker hunt) to sign an NDA in order that he could then lie about his story? Nah!rilliant film that didnt just sell out to cheap sensationalism and false stories and ruin their reputation.

No I am not saying he did. I am just saying you can get anyone to sign an NDA to protect your information (real or fake) from being discussed. If it is discussed, you sue for damages...Welcome to the USA

Witnesses: RD has stated there was a film crew and his team there? Yeah? Arent they witnesses? Now, if those people werent there ie. RD has made the whole thing up, then why dont those people come forward and say 'we were NOT witnesses to the event RD is talking of as he made the whole story up'??

Sorry, who said the witnesses were there? Ah yes. Rick Dyer.

If Minnow are trying to generate interest for their film, why would they come forward and say they weren't there? And his team? Can you say why they would sabotage their own film. Yeah?

Edited by dopelyrics

I never meant to imply that I know the movie is all about hoaxers and con-men. I should have somehow emphasized them "IF" more strongly. Sorry, did not mean for my comment to come across as factual. IF the movie is about hoaxers, then what RD is doing now can only be good for Minnow is what I meant. My personal opinion is that the movie is about the fringe, not the scientific or respectable. Otherwise, why even be associated with someone like RD if you want to have a modicum of decency or be taken seriously? If I was making a documentary about selling real estate I certainly would not follow George Parker around while he sold public landmarks to clueless tourists if I wanted any respectability. The very fact that RD is involved at all casts ( no pun intended) the entire production in a certain light in my opinion.

Guest VioletX

Who stated the film crew was there? Ah, yes. Rick Dyer. Did he say "Minnow films were there"? Or did he say "A film company was there"?

YEAH?

There have been past occasions he has mentioned minnow, recently he has been saying he cannot discuss the film company.

[

Sorry, like I say, I am a bit out of the loop here - but who are the witnesses you mention?

Minnow ARE a commercial set-up. They make documentaries for the BBC as well as others. They don't make them for nothing. They are not a charity. Where do you think your license fee goes?? The BFI provide grants for British film-makers, commercial or not.

Thanks

Lee

No but they're not commercial in the 'block-buster' sense. Documentaries are never placed on the same DVD shelf as MIB or Titanic infact I doubt you would easily find one of Minnow Films documentaries at Blockbusters?

.....do you think they will be going down the merchandise route? :)

Normally I would agree, but Minnow Films arent a commercial set up - they make documentaries for the BBC and are partially funded with grants. The British Film Institute gave them an award to make the film for a very high figure £250,000.00 (23/05/2012) : http://www.bfi.org.u.../funding-awards This is one of the reasons why I take this whole story seriously. They're not HBO!

Commercial set up or not - at the end of the day - if it doesn't make money they won't do it. Rick has been shopping the idea of a movie for a long time. Question - how much money do they need to make a film - if they have a dead bigfoot on film? Not much. Rick is hyping this for a reason and most likely thinks he can be successful hyping this - because he did a bang up job in 2008 by getting on CNN - capturing the attention of the world with Biscardi.

Within the last day or two he called out Derek Randalls (got the picture wrong, but that's how Rick rolls). Why did he call out Derrek? He gives this big excuse about how people quietly support others.. Why would he possibly be so upset that Derek Randalls won't stop being a quiet supporter and discuss his alleged support of Ricks dead bigfoot publicly? Read the comment posted by Rick - it really is very telling, but Rick isn't very good at hiding his hand when he is upset.

I will bet Derek told Rick - show me the body. Rick is probably delaying, but wants Dereks support. Rick got tired of waiting for Derek to publicly back him - and is now throwing Derek under the bus in true Rick Dyer fashion. I don't blame Derek for being very cautious and withholding his opinion. That's exactly what Derek should do. But, that poses a problem for Dyer. He knows he isn't going to fool anyone with another stuffed costume. This is speculation on my part - but after reading Dyers comments - I am willing to bet this is what happened or very close.

FYI HBO has some great documentaries.

I never meant to imply that I know the movie is all about hoaxers and con-men. I should have somehow emphasized them "IF" more strongly. Sorry, did not mean for my comment to come across as factual. IF the movie is about hoaxers, then what RD is doing now can only be good for Minnow is what I meant. My personal opinion is that the movie is about the fringe, not the scientific or respectable. Otherwise, why even be associated with someone like RD if you want to have a modicum of decency or be taken seriously? If I was making a documentary about selling real estate I certainly would not follow George Parker around while he sold public landmarks to clueless tourists if I wanted any respectability. The very fact that RD is involved at all casts ( no pun intended) the entire production in a certain light in my opinion.

But RD has been seriously searching for Bigfoot now for a few years. Minnow has probably ignored his past? They have also been filming other people too - the films not all about RD!

JackiLB - they are a commercial set-up. They make money. Documentaries can make millions - think of the rights for a world-wide sale. Look at the Discovery Channel, as one example.

Lee

Melissa,

Actually I do recall that Dyer said that the film company does not care about what is going on in the BF community, at least as far as the "discovery" of BF goes is what I think he meant, all it cares about is money.

I just don't know...this Musky Allen thing just muddies the waters and does not look good. Sorry Musky, maybe you are a righteous dude, but I do not know much about you...

I'm sure they don't give two shakes about this community or what we think. They don't have to -- they just want the hype they know a film like this would get if it spread as quickly as the 2008 Georgia Bigfoot hoax.

Cha-ching :) lol.

Commercial set up or not - at the end of the day - if it doesn't make money they won't do it. Rick has been shopping the idea of a movie for a long time. Question - how much money do they need to make a film - if they have a dead bigfoot on film? Not much. Rick is hyping this for a reason and most likely thinks he can be successful hyping this - because he did a bang up job in 2008 by getting on CNN - capturing the attention of the world with Biscardi.

Within the last day or two he called out Derek Randalls (got the picture wrong, but that's how Rick rolls). Why did he call out Derrek? He gives this big excuse about how people quietly support others.. Why would he possibly be so upset that Derek Randalls won't stop being a quiet supporter and discuss his alleged support of Ricks dead bigfoot publicly? Read the comment posted by Rick - it really is very telling, but Rick isn't very good at hiding his hand when he is upset.

I will bet Derek told Rick - show me the body. Rick is probably delaying, but wants Dereks support. Rick got tired of waiting for Derek to publicly back him - and is now throwing Derek under the bus in true Rick Dyer fashion. I don't blame Derek for being very cautious and withholding his opinion. That's exactly what Derek should do. But, that poses a problem for Dyer. He knows he isn't going to fool anyone with another stuffed costume. This is speculation on my part - but after reading Dyers comments - I am willing to bet this is what happened or very close.

FYI HBO has some great documentaries.

Sorry but I dont even know who Derek Randals is? Endless stories about how ruthless/dishonest/scheming RD is, doesnt sway me away from feeling that there actually maybe a body. Sorry :(

Ok not HBO errrr......another commercial movie making company...come on....there are loads the world over?

There have been past occasions he has mentioned minnow, recently he has been saying he cannot discuss the film company.

OK, I don't know the answer here, but has Rick Dyer ever publicly said "On the day I shot and killed Bigfoot, Minnow Films of London were there and they documented it. Joe Bloggs was the Producer, Ears McGears was the sound man".? Now if he did say that, or similar, I might understand Minnow making some kind of comment about whether they were there or not. Or they might give the dreaded "We can neither confirm or deny" sketch. But if he is being evasive and has not named them as being there, why would they step forward to say they weren't?

Thanks.

Lee

Edited by dopelyrics

But RD has been seriously searching for Bigfoot now for a few years.

I have seen nothing to indicate that. All I see is more BS from Dyer.

I love this gem, From Atlanta channel 2 TV August 2008

To quote Rick Dyer's parter Matt Littonabout the hoax: “I do not feel it affects my credibility at all, It is bigfoot if it was something else that was tangible or real, but right now, as far as I’m concerned there is no real bigfootâ€

Dyers commnent: "It was big joke, Bigfoot don't exist"