The Kill Club

norseman

Sure, Cotter. I'll pour it on the rag, you can run up and plaster it across his/her mug, while I take pics of the event. Should be a hoot!

norseman, I'm MagniAesir's partner on this little venture, so I think I can jump in here. Yes, there is a lot of deep, dark timber, as well as frequent clear cuts, in a roughly 20 mile long creek drainage. The entry to the valley is a fairly steep canyon, but further in, it widens out, and even has a decent size lake, and several smaller ponds through its length. The site is in the Coast range, on the west facing side, so it's typical temperate rain forest habitat. The area for many miles to the east and west has a long history of BF sightings, from natives pre-European contact, through the fur trading era, the 1858 gold rush era, the building of the CPR, right up to the recent past.

I won't get any more specific than this, as there have been a number of recent hoaxing incedents in the general area, and we don't want to risk shooting any costumed dudes trying to fool us. I know that you share that concern, as well, and your AO is a lot less populated than ours.

Roger that. OP SEC is important, especially on the west side.

I like the dark timber PLUS the standing water areas in the drainage, sounds like it is perfect! Take lots of pics and keep us posted. 

As crummy of a winter we are having here in the Pac NW, you guys should be able to get in there soon?

Yes, almost no snow at the lower elevations, so any time soon. We had planned a trip for last Sun., but Mag had to bow out. It will be a pass through to look for tracks and any other sign, the first time, with follow ups to any interesting areas. It's my feeling that the lower el. coastal ares are the logical place to look in the winter, as the divide between coast and interior can get 20' or more of snow, maybe too much even for our long stepping friend.

If the alternative to killing is darting, then simply hit it with twice the dose you think you need, if it proves ineffective, I bet it will slow it down enough to get a kill shot as a back up. If its to much and kills it, you at least took a measure for live capture.

Admin

The problem is obtaining the tranquilizing drugs. How would you acquire them?

:offtopic: Pardon me for just a second....

Hey Everybody,

KB Hunter has set up his first interview as the new BFF Blogger with Ron Morehead (Known for the Sierra Sounds recordings).  He would like to give the our members the opportunity to ask Mr. Morehead any questions you might have about the Sierra Sounds recordings.  Please check out his post and help out with any questions you would like to ask!

Thanks!

Here's a link to the thread:

http://bigfootforums...ew/#entry807685

Thanks again and sorry for the interruption :)

chele

• Upvote 1

Guest Cervelo

Deleted the web is very wacky today or my iphone....second time typing a response not trying a third time

Edited by Cervelo

Guest Cervelo

If the alternative to killing is darting, then simply hit it with twice the dose you think you need, if it proves ineffective, I bet it will slow it down enough to get a kill shot as a back up. If its to much and kills it, you at least took a measure for live capture.

I've looked into a tranq gun, I find it would be very problematic in its practical use under the circumstances that you would most likley have a shot.

A shot mind you that I would consider to be a once in a lifetime event....unless of course your NAWAC which seem to have a Bigfoot shooting gallery but no shooters....one shot and drop... bust out the reciprocating saw and get out ASAP!

SSR Team

Both would prove existence, but a tranq has problems with it as long as my arm unfortunately, otherwise it would surely be the better way to go about this IE not to actually kill one. No one wants to kill one of these for any other reason than to prove its existence, surely ?

^^^^^^

Right. It's not worth risking botching the shot with a pneumatic dart gun that may or may not have the proper dosage......

Once squatch is established as a species with a type specimen? It will be up to the experts to figure all of this out.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Norse:

Is there any way that, when you collect a specimen, that you could send me a small portion of the backstrap?

I'd like to try it.

:-)

• gigantor unlocked this topic
  • gigantor unpinned this topic