The Kill Club

norseman

Ace: You are willing to consider this as an an acceptable course of action.  You find one. You kill it. 

Well lookin at his avatar and all....

I think I laid it out pretty well in the first post......and Ace knows that, which is why I find his post odd.

Hello All,

The John Green database has 53 instances of a Sasquatch being shot with the results of the encounter. If anyone wants to see the data let me know.

Hello All,

The John Green database has 53 instances of a Sasquatch being shot with the results of the encounter. If anyone wants to see the data let me know.

Hiflier,

Can you summarize and share the key insights from the stats?

For example, I am curious about:

• What % of shots were hits?  And for those that were hits (assuming no kills or body), was there blood found on the ground?
  • What was the average distance to BF when shot was fired?
  • What were the circumstances that led to shooting at BF (aggressive behavior from BF, hunting, fear from gun owner, desire for specimen, etc.)? 
  • What was the behavior or reaction of BF after the shot?

Hello Explorer,

First off, thank you for the response. I could of course answer all of your questions but then that would go counter to why I brought the JWG database to BFF Forum in the first place. It's been said that knowledge is power. The JWG is a source for Sasquatch knowledge so wouldn't it follow that anyone who accesses or possesses that knowledge would be in a position of relative power over believers OR skeptics?

What I'm getting at comes under the adage of give a man fish he'll eat for a day; teach him to fish and he'll eat for life. The ability for anyone to access the database is only the beginning. Understanding how to use it to advantage in answering questions like yours is the key to real Sasquatch knowledge and understanding.

Okay, enough of that. For now, what you ask will take a little time to generate but it isn't hard to do at all. Stay tuned......

In the meantime this is for all you 30.06 folks:

"Walter Stork (or possibly Peck ?) and Wayne Johnson went to place where Walter had seen a strange animal three days before. They saw it down the hill from a ridge they were on, but it also saw them and started up towards them. They fled but it appeared on the ridge behind them with incredible speed, then chased them, arms spread in a herding motion, apparently not attempting to catch up. They both fired at it, and Wayne stopped running several times to fire again with his 30.06. Twice it slumped until its knuckles hit the ground but got up and kept coming. At some point the creature screamed. The boys kept running, until they looked back and it was no longer there. A week later Bob Titmus interviewed them and went to the site, where he found clear footprints coming up the hillside, 5 toes, 8 inches wide, but only 11.5 inches long, with 5-inch-wide heels. Most of the tracks were an inch deep, but where there was a wet area on the side of the hill they sank 14 inches. Bob could sink a heel print only two or three inches there by jumping downhill, and in other places he left no prints at all. Casts made. Down in the valley he found a bed of crushed vegetation 12 feet across at the site with a very strong smell. Site referred to on file card as Porter Hill."- 1st person account.

I know the Kill Club is all about procuring a type specimen which I too think is necessary but an account such as this one saddens me. It is senseless in that a kill shot never occurred and so the creature is left to suffer it's wounds elsewhere and perhaps die in great pain.

Edited by hiflier

Hello Norseman,

That thought alone scares the hell out of me. I'm not surprised it came from a savvy person like yourself who actually thinks of such contingencies. It's why it never bothers me when you discuss firepower.

Edited by hiflier

And why it bothers me when people discuss "baiting" them with kids.

It can go south in a hurry........

IMO, habitual aggressiveness to sapiens must have been selected out, and reclusiveness selected in at some point in the unknown past. We must have had quite some "wars" in prehistory. But that only goes so far, like the taming of the wolf and calling it dog. Incidents happen.

• gigantor unlocked this topic
  • gigantor unpinned this topic