The Kill Club

norseman

Just read through the entire thread Norseman, kept pretty well on track throughout. Didn't find it until tonight so couldn't post until now. Unlike my avatar photo from the mid-eighties I don't think I'd be much help in the field, unless maybe an arthritic walking with a cane might pique their curiosity. I could wear a poncho and keep my Socom 16 on a single point sling out of sight. Seriously, your idea of a get together to brain storm and plan is a good one.

I've been thinking of Tasers as a defensive weapon and did a bit of research. Alaska Fish and Wildlife worked with Taser and is now using a modified (for water resistance, durability in the field, etc.) of the Taser X3 which is also available for civilian sale as a home defense option. Three shots, nitrogen propelled with a 25' range, semi-auto and the current cycles 45 times per second through any implanted darts and keeps going as long as you pull the trigger and the li-ion battery has juice. Could give the option of incapacitating multiple targets. They've had good results on moose and brown bear. Here's the link to their wirte-up:http://www.adfg.alaska.gov/index.cfm?adfg=wildlifenews.view_article&articles_id=450 The Taser is pricey at $1,099.00 but would likely be an instant stopper and would give time to retreat or shoot if it's life or death.

Another thought about luring them in. Just finished Jeff Meldrum's "Sasquatch-Legend Meets Science" a couple of weeks ago and was intrigued by his description of the air-sacs that most of the great apes have, allowing them those long drawn out calls. He uses the analogy of bagpipes and being of good Scots/Irish heritage I immediately wondered if anyone had tried using either the real deal or a recording of pipes as a lure. The sound can carry for miles or over the sound of battles which is why the Brits used them to such good effect, and they can have that punch in the gut, sphincter tightening reaction in the unwary heathen. It may relate to the ultra-sound effect sometimes ascribed to the big man.

I've also been playing around with green lasers as illuminators that don't mess up night vision, and way cheaper than commercial versions.

It's way past my bedtime and Linda always gives me a hard time when I fall asleep at the computer, but I'll follow this. I would definitely try to attend a get together, Helena isn't that far from you stomping grounds and we drive to Seattle once or twice a year to visit our kids and grandson so most of the route is familiar. If you think I can add something to the conversation keep me in mind.

Good luck and God bless in any event.

Just read through the entire thread Norseman, kept pretty well on track throughout. Didn't find it until tonight so couldn't post until now. Unlike my avatar photo from the mid-eighties I don't think I'd be much help in the field, unless maybe an arthritic walking with a cane might pique their curiosity. I could wear a poncho and keep my Socom 16 on a single point sling out of sight. Seriously, your idea of a get together to brain storm and plan is a good one.

I've been thinking of Tasers as a defensive weapon and did a bit of research. Alaska Fish and Wildlife worked with Taser and is now using a modified (for water resistance, durability in the field, etc.) of the Taser X3 which is also available for civilian sale as a home defense option. Three shots, nitrogen propelled with a 25' range, semi-auto and the current cycles 45 times per second through any implanted darts and keeps going as long as you pull the trigger and the li-ion battery has juice. Could give the option of incapacitating multiple targets. They've had good results on moose and brown bear. Here's the link to their wirte-up:http://www.adfg.alaska.gov/index.cfm?adfg=wildlifenews.view_article&articles_id=450 The Taser is pricey at $1,099.00 but would likely be an instant stopper and would give time to retreat or shoot if it's life or death.

Another thought about luring them in. Just finished Jeff Meldrum's "Sasquatch-Legend Meets Science" a couple of weeks ago and was intrigued by his description of the air-sacs that most of the great apes have, allowing them those long drawn out calls. He uses the analogy of bagpipes and being of good Scots/Irish heritage I immediately wondered if anyone had tried using either the real deal or a recording of pipes as a lure. The sound can carry for miles or over the sound of battles which is why the Brits used them to such good effect, and they can have that punch in the gut, sphincter tightening reaction in the unwary heathen. It may relate to the ultra-sound effect sometimes ascribed to the big man.

I've also been playing around with green lasers as illuminators that don't mess up night vision, and way cheaper than commercial versions.

It's way past my bedtime and Linda always gives me a hard time when I fall asleep at the computer, but I'll follow this. I would definitely try to attend a get together, Helena isn't that far from you stomping grounds and we drive to Seattle once or twice a year to visit our kids and grandson so most of the route is familiar. If you think I can add something to the conversation keep me in mind.

Good luck and God bless in any event.

Helena is just a hop, skip and a jump!

I need Bipto and other like minded people/organizations to come to a conference in Spokane I think :) This pro kill mind set must must get out there and win hearts and minds.........

Holy crud! They make a tazer that can drop a griz?! Incredible!

As far as luring them out I prefer using prey calls over trying to talk to them in their own "language".

Guest Phillip A. Elwood

I support Norseman's right to own and use firearms responsibly. I would prefer that a specimen be CAPTURED, studied, then released. Is that weird? I do not oppose hunting in general but do not hunt myself. In my first novel, Giant in the Woods, 2 BFs are captured studied and released.

The tazer idea is cool but you'd have to get mighty close.

i think the best scenario is to kill one, prove its existence to science. which will then get the experts involved to play mutual of omahas wild kingdom. im a hunter im not a wildlife biologist, veteranarian or scientist.

but without proof none of this is going to happen. a type specimen should be everyones primary goal that is commited to proving this creatures existence. after that sacrificial death comes study, observation, protection, etc.

SSR Team

I need Bipto and other like minded people/organizations to come to a conference in Spokane I think :) This pro kill mind set must must get out there and win hearts and minds.........

I don't get it Norse, why do you need a like minded organisation to fly/drive 2,000 miles ?

Admittedly I don't keep massive track of the Operation Persistence thread and correct me if I'm wrong, but if they were like like minded, they would have shot one by now or else they're on a wild goose chase for whatever reason.

What is needed is boots on the ground, like minded people in your local area that are well versed in big game hunting and have had encounters with these animals before.

There is a huge issue with geography and like minded people on this forum unfortunately, that's the reality.

Then of course there is the issue that everyone has their own way of thinking on this that highly likely doesn't fit with what everyone else says a lot of the time, that just seems the way of the world now.

You need to establish a scaled down area where these Animals are, start getting some kind of interaction going on if/where possible, gain their trust and then do what you've got to do after months/years of man hours put into the field.

That may sound callous to many and it may be callous, but its the only way this thing is going to work.

we pro kill proponents are the vast minority within the bigfoot community, correct? so i ask you what is easier..... forcing the bigfoot community to acknowledge what science asks for, a type specimen? and then they the community becomes more realistic and focused on such an endeavor either directly or indirectly. OR try to convince a bunch of hunters and woodsman who think the whole subject is a steaming pile of horse manure to dedicate large amounts of their time and energy to hunting the thing?

i was home from the oil field for a week. in between family time, rest, ranch duties and the kids sports i managed to get out for two days which i reported on in my tree break thread. so two days a month i get out there as one man. thats woefully inadequate and like searching for a needle in a haystack.

biptos group is very much commited to pro kill, but they too are apart of our small minority. but they have a voice, and could certainly help jump start a change in mindset. as like minded individuals we need to organize at a larger scale and try to become more proactive i feel to tackle this problem more effectively.

if you have a better solution im all ears

Has anyone here on the K.K. ever come close to bringing in a body? Not being a smart *&%. Just wondering if anyone is actively working their plan and almost had it. I know about TBRC in O.K. Anyone else?

Has anyone here on the K.K. ever come close to bringing in a body? Not being a smart *&%. Just wondering if anyone is actively working their plan and almost had it. I know about TBRC in O.K. Anyone else?

never had one in my sights no.

SSR Team

I've had one in my sights and I guess would have been an absolutely perfect situation for Norse et all, but I was a Kid and didn't have a gun.

• 1 month later...

Anybody gone out? Anything to report? June is fast approaching the selkirks which is traditionally the month the snow pack is melted enough one can access the high country.

• 3 weeks later...