The Nakani

Cervelo,

It is going to be fun! Tungsten is a mine, I'm not sure if its operating or not. From there you could put your canoe in the Flat river, make your way to the Nahanni and the Liard... all the way to the Arctic ocean if you wanted

It would be a trip you wouldn't forget, to say the least

I think a trip down the Nahanni river would be pretty amazing. Its some wild country in there. A guided trip though is not cheap. I think it would be worth it, I would go if I were a rich man.

----------------edit to make this line---------------------------------------

I wanted to present some possible expanations for the Nakani before we get to far. Lots of people say that they are draft dodgers or people who ran away from the army. The Alaska hwy is not to far from here(200km). It was built by the US army in the 40s. The town of Fort nelson was built around an army base. They could be gold prospecters gone crazy, mad trappers, fugitves from the law...etc..etc.

To which I always say "Running away from the army doesn't make you into a hairy cave man.". How could someone prefer living in the northern bush with only a loin cloth and stone age tools, over the army?

"If that drill sgt yells at me one more time, I'm taking off my clothes and running into the pretty forest..."

I wonder if there is a way to check for deserters circa 1940s

I'm sure a miner or trapper has snuck around someones dry meat rack and mistaken identitys have happened. A few years ago Nakani was peaking in windows around town. There was quite a commotion, untill they caught some pervert tourist snooping around.

The reports of the Nakani have been around for a lot longer than white contact

I think some people can't accept that we aren't alone out there. We might be sharing the forest with the legends that elders talk about

Edited by Nakani

Cervelo,

It is going to be fun! Tungsten is a mine, I'm not sure if its operating or not. From there you could put your canoe in the Flat river, make your way to the Nahanni and the Liard... all the way to the Arctic ocean if you wanted

It would be a trip you wouldn't forget, to say the least

I think a trip down the Nahanni river would be pretty amazing. Its some wild country in there. A guided trip though is not cheap. I think it would be worth it, I would go if I were a rich man.

----------------edit to make this line---------------------------------------

I wanted to present some possible expanations for the Nakani before we get to far. Lots of people say that they are draft dodgers or people who ran away from the army. The Alaska hwy is not to far from here(200km). It was built by the US army in the 40s. The town of Fort nelson was built around an army base. They could be gold prospecters gone crazy, mad trappers, fugitves from the law...etc..etc.

To which I always say "Running away from the army doesn't make you into a hairy cave man.". How could someone prefer living in the northern bush with only a loin cloth and stone age tools, over the army?

"If that drill sgt yells at me one more time, I'm taking off my clothes and running into the pretty forest..."

I wonder if there is a way to check for deserters circa 1940s

I'm sure a miner or trapper has snuck around someones dry meat rack and mistaken identitys have happened. A few years ago Nakani was peaking in windows around town. There was quite a commotion, untill they caught some pervert tourist snooping around.

The reports of the Nakani have been around for a lot longer than white contact

I think some people can't accept that we aren't alone out there. We might be sharing the forest with the legends that elders talk about

That's an interesting theory about the deserters, although I'd be amazed if they survived through one winter on their own, let alone 20 years -- assuming the 1964 sightings were accurate. I went to Alaska in October once, and it was bad enough in Anchorage, with modern technology. I can't imagine trying to survive with nothing but rags and stone tools out in the wilderness. If the Nakani are real, my guess is they're some sort of uncontacted First Nation or a relict neanderthal population, although that's a stretch.

Edited by leisureclass

Guest Orygun

Ultimately what we come up with here is a collection of sketchy, strange and obviously fairytale like stories about hairy bogeymen and missing link hominids around the world. And I admit that there need be no specific link between each case for there to be scientific merit in seeking the truth of each legend, but when one lines up all of the various wild man traditions, it’s difficult not to see a resemblance between them. Does that resemblance have a deeper meaning, or is it just a superficial connection? Some would say we may never know, but in the case of Sasquatch, I’m prone to believe we still have much to learn about the extent and variety of hominid life on earth.

Nice post.

I seem to recall reading somewhere the theory that these "wild men" were left over tales from our early Homo Sapiens when they, I believe, lived along side the Neanderthals. I assume to keep the Homo Sapiens safe or sheltered from the Neanderthals these stories arose. They have been passed along, perhaps sub-conscientiously, through out the many years. Genetically the separation would make sense to preserve the species integrity.

Dunno, just a thought.

It would be a blast to spend a week in Headless Valley, myself, and 2 x-military types. For me, it's always been about HOW you get to a location.......if you are being observed, you are already at a disadvantage.

I would parachute down into this place military style, hide, conceal, and observe........armed of course.

I took a bit of video of me walking on a trail we cut a last winter. It goes across a couple of old back channels and over to a little pond made from a bit of the river that was cut off from the rest. I edited out the swears, the mosquito season was winding down but they were still pretty hungry. Im sorry if some language slipped through. I haven't looked at it too closely, I took the video backwards, pretending like I was filming forwards. I don't think there is anything to see, but you never know what a different set of eyes can find.

Im having some problems attaching it how do I upload my video?

It says "You arent permited to upload this kind of file"

• 4 weeks later...

Yes im working on it. my wife has windows vista on her laptop and its not making this easy. The little arrows keep turning and turning then the thing freezes up. Ive got to get to a high speed connection and try it I guess

Bigtex,

there are a few theorys about what happened to their heads, up there is also Naha territory, who were a violent war-lovin tribe who lived in the area (lived or live im not sure, they are suposedly still back in those mountains somewhere). Also the two brothers went with a Scottish man. People say he shot the brothers in the head then hid the evidence.

Its hard to pin down a Nakani hot spot, I think the best way to find them is to let them find you.

I was going to make a joke that you should drop in dressed as hot women. The more I think about it, it doesnt seem that crazy, funny as heck but it could work. If you do take my suggestion please post some video documenting your trip (for research purposes ofcourse).

Thanks Elaine and Nugglepod.

Im out at work and havent been able to sign in to the forum with my phone. Im borrowing the bosses laptop today.

I got a chance to talk to Nakani the other day. Hes a friend of mine. Oh...I should explain thats his nick name. They call him that because he lived in the bush most of his life, I figured he would have a story or two. I had to ask him twice and it took a bit but he told me that only once something happened to him.

He said in the 80s (what is with the 80s?) him and his brother were cruising up river with a plywood boat and a tiny 9.9 kicker on the back. (The river is quite swift so they were going slow). He said someone shot a 22cal at the boat, the bullet hit the water just off the bow of the boat. I told him it was a beaver but he said he heard the shot and saw the splash.

He then grabbed his 30-30 rifle and pulled to the shore. His brother covered him while he went to investigate where he thought the shot came from. He said he climbed up the bank and there was nobody there. I asked about nearby cabins,roads or trails he said there was none

gotta go computer is dying

I wanted to add that he said he found a track on the bank. he said he got real nervous, he put a bullet on top and they got out of there.

I felt the last part of his story was added to spruce it up a bit. I thought why would he not already have a bullet on top. I think someone (Nakani or human) took a shot at him and his brother but they just kept on going and didn't investigate.

Earlier on (OP) I mentioned a beaver that had been skinned out and meat taken. Today I was cruising around with the son who shot it and he randomly started telling me the story of how he got the beaver and what happened to it. His story matched the original I heard. I asked him what the cut looked like and he said it was like it was pulled apart and the body was removed from the skin. I asked him about scraps of fur lying around he said there was no torn off pieces just a bit of loose hair. He said it was all in one place and not thrown around.

Ok I better get to work.

• 1 month later...

I think I've got this photo thing figured out!

My Dad, Brother and 2 nefews came up for a visit and we went up river last weekend.  We went for a hike up the ridge pictured in the first shot.  We didn't get to explore as much as I wanted to but it was a good start.  The ridge wraps around and goes north for about 10km.  We almost made it to the corner but had to turn back, my nefews are 8 and 10 and were getting pretty worn out.

I saw one twisted tree but Im pretty sure it was natural.  There wasn't anything out of the ordinary up there.  I thought that cliff would be a good Nakani look out but I didnt see any sign of anyone using the area.  It is still early though, the leaves are just coming out and there is still a bit of snow laying around in the hills.

post-18570-0-50746900-1369708172_thumb.j

The next picture is my Brother checking out the view

post-18570-0-80597900-1369708267_thumb.j

My last picture is us a little farther up river at a little creek and water fall.  We had lunch over there and looked around a bit. 

post-18570-0-03993000-1369708317_thumb.j

We did have a wth moment at the cabin.  Shortly after we arived a large tree fell somewhere across the river (mabee 200-300m from where we were).  Nothing unusual about that, except it was followed buy a few tree knocks.  It was a wack,wack....wack...wack,wack kind of thing.  Both my Brother and Dad said what is that?  I said probably branches falling (I didn't want to scare my nefews) but it sure sounded like someone banging on a tree to me.

My wife and I are heading up to the cabin tomorrow, hopefully i'll have something to report

• 2 weeks later...

Well I'm back from our cabin. Nothing unsual happened. The snow is coming out of the mountians and the rivers are very high. It would be quite hard and dangerous to travel around on foot. I don't think anyone, Nakani or human would try to swim the rivers right now.

I'm heading east in a few days to visit my Mom in P.E.I.

I will keep you posted if I see the elusive PEI Bigfoot.

Admin

Thanks for the update!

PEI, a very lovely and charming place!!!

Nice topic, I believe someone also started a topic on this, I remember running across it when I first became a member. I believe they refered to them as stick men.