The Nakani

Frosty,

I searched for Stickmen and Stick men but couldn't find the thread.  I did find a interesting link in a thread started by Grayjay called "Russain information".  The link gives some info about the Almasty, I didnt get a chance to read it all as it was pretty long, ill have to wait till I get back.  Im thinking the Almasty and the Nakani could be the same or closely related.  I tried to put the link here but im not sure what im doing.

If you happen to remember the name of the thread your thinking of I wouldn't mind to check it out.

Guest vilnoori

ex military types dressing as hot women to attract hominoids...got a good laugh from me. Good thread, keep in touch!

This is fascinating, hadn't heard of the Nakani before but they do sound like the Almasty as far as appearance goes, sans loin cloth. I wonder what the purpose iof the loin cloth is if the rest is uncovered? If it were the tropics I could understand.

Ssoosa,

I thought the loin cloth might be protection from mosquitos and the other bugs that want a peice of you. Sometimes it looks like your on fire and the mosquitos are the smoke. Even walking around fully clothed they will drive you crazy, I couldn't imagine having my neither regions exposed.

• 1 month later...

Well I made it back from our marathon cross Canada tour about a week or so ago.  Edmonton, Toronto(2 hours), PEI, Kamloops, Vancouver, and home.  Soon as we got home we went up river, just to check on things and weed our potatoe garden.

Everything was in order at the cabin.  The trail cam had 416 hits on it so I was pretty excited to see what was happening in the 5 weeks we were gone.

nothing but blowing trees in all except one,

post-18570-0-50318000-1374772753_thumb.j

heres another for comparison

post-18570-0-94074500-1374772918_thumb.j

and a day shot or two

post-18570-0-65439600-1374773239_thumb.j

post-18570-0-08436800-1374773400_thumb.j

Was that a moose?.... or the Nakani imitating a moose and moose tracks? I guess we'll never know.

(Just kidding)

Edited by Nakani

Hello MatthijsG,

I should never had said anything about videos, Im not so good with this computer.  I can't get it from windows movie maker to my post.  Back when I was about 13 my parents bought me a Commodore VIC-20 and I was a wiz on that thing but since then I've been out of the tech loop.  I gave this laptop to my wife for her birthday a few years back and I noticed things have changed a lot since the mid 80s.

I signed up with youtube and tryed to upload the first half of my video but they told me it was going to take 710 minutes so I stopped it. 

I'm sorry to disappoint. :tommy:

Hello MatthijsG,

I should never had said anything about videos, Im not so good with this computer.  I can't get it from windows movie maker to my post.  Back when I was about 13 my parents bought me a Commodore VIC-20 and I was a wiz on that thing but since then I've been out of the tech loop.  I gave this laptop to my wife for her birthday a few years back and I noticed things have changed a lot since the mid 80s.

I signed up with youtube and tryed to upload the first half of my video but they told me it was going to take 710 minutes so I stopped it. 

I'm sorry to disappoint. :tommy:

Hahaha made me laugh. 710 minutes sounds like 'uncompressed format'. Which extension has the movie? .mov, .avi?

• 4 weeks later...

Hi MatthijsG,

I'm at work now so I haven't had a chance to work on it.  I'll PM you when I get back, if you want to help me out.

__________________________________

My co-worker and I were joking around the other day and I offered Sasquatch as a possible explanation to the situation he was describing.  He stopped and asked me if I really believe in that.   Instead of going into a 3 hour rant, I said "Common, nothing weird has ever happened to you in the bush?.  He said no.  I asked "What about when you were a kid?".

He said "Oh yeah" and told me a story about when he was 6 or 7 in the late 60's.

He said that, he and his cousins/friends were playing near the cabins in a clearing amongst the Diamond willow.  (mature Diamond willow grows in clumps of twisted/tangled trunks, the bunches are about 2-3 feet at the base, slowly getting bigger, the trunks range in size from about 20" to saplings.)

There was a lul in the game they were playing and they were just kinda standing around when one of the willow clumps shook. 

I asked what he ment by shook, could it have been bumped buy an animal or blown buy the wind?

He said the willows were in the open, there was no animal walking buy and it wasn't the wind.  It was a vibrating shake

They all looked and started making comments like "we caught you" and "who's sneaking on us?", thinking it was mabee an uncle who had come to play around. 

He said the willow shook again hard, and they all got scared and ran to the cabins.  They told their parents, who went to investigate.

They found some barefoot tracks and two knee marks where someone was knelt down behind that bush.

He said he saw the person through the willow, so I asked him what he was wearing?

He told me he couldn't see any clothes and that he was all the same dark color.(I thought that was an interesting detail)

I grilled him pretty hard and fully believe his story,  I should have asked him who else was there, so I can get another point of view.

Mabee tomorrow.

Hello Nakani,

I've been following this thread and am very interested in what you've been doing/saying.

I'm in Yellowknife.

Send me a PM if you like.

We may have some bushman stories to swap. 

Hi Spudsquatch,

Good to hear from a fellow northerner. If you've got some Bushman stories feel free to post them here.

I'm trying to gather as many accounts as possible. I want to try and find some patterns in their behaviour so I can better my chances of a sighting or contact.

Coffee time is almost over. Ttyl

• 3 weeks later...

I'm back at work (My Wife had her laptop put away when I got home on time off, so I knew what that meant)

I got a chance to do some follow up on the mother and daughter who were being followed by another women.  I spoke to her son and he told me the story confirming all the details.  He said that woman was getting close and his sister was scared and crying.  His mom said if she had a gun she would have taken a couple of shots at her.

He then told me a story about when he was 15 in the 80s.  He said they had just set up camp the day before and it was early morning.  He woke up and went to his Grandfathers tent to have some bannock.  he fell asleep on the spruce bows until he heard some commotion. 

There was a few guys standing around the fire, when one of them saw a man walking on the trail ( parallel to the camp).  They shouted a greeting and asked who it was.  Soon as they spoke out the man ducked down.  They thought this was suspicious and went to investigate.  When they started towards the trail the man got up and ran away.  They grabbed what they could (sticks and a axe) and ran after him.  they couldn't catch him though.  They said he was dressed in old clothes and had a beard.

He said that was kinda normal when he was growing up.  It was common to hear whistling or have a stick thrown at your tent.  He told me when he thinks about it now it freaks him out a little bit.