How To Prevent/survive A Sasquatch Attack

Cotter

I have heard that even broken cameras and things that look like cameras provide 100% protection for preventing any and all sasquatch attacks.

When Patty looked back in her retreat it wasn't to see what Bob was doing with the rifle. She was keeping an eye on the guy with the soul stealing device.

Guest Kronprinz Adam

In several reports, there are Sasquatch activity preventing humans entering their territories...screams, breaking tree branches, throwing small rocks...if ignored, large rocks may fall from the sky...

I found more intriging reports of Sasquatch following people like a shadow, keeping pace with them, being noisy, but keeping hidden in the bushes..I think if you are in the middle of the forest, you'll get the shock of your life...

Reports of Bigfoot making night raids on human properties, shaking houses and vehicles, are also terrifying...I recently saw on History Channel a report on which a boat (towed with a pick-up) was slightly damaged by a Bigfoot...

(With great strenght, comes great responsibility) :)

Edited by Kronprinz Adam

In several reports, there are Sasquatch activity preventing humans entering their territories...screams, breaking tree branches, throwing small rocks...if ignored, large rocks may fall from the sky...

In addition to my four trail cams and four headlamps to ensure no close encounters, add body armor and a hard hat with face shield as defense against standoff attacks.

Guest Luckyfoot

In addition to my four trail cams and four headlamps to ensure no close encounters, add body armor and a hard hat with face shield as defense against standoff attacks.

Also some industrial strength DEPENDS for when it gets that serious.

challenge to a rap battle--BF's have to battle rap when challenged...

and when they are rapping-- run!!!

brilliant. :)

Or........you could just stay home. :maninlove:

also brilliant. :)

IMO, most "aggressive" behaviors are done to get your unmistaken attention. Granted you may have found a BF having a bad day, bad tooth (abcess sp?,) with child,

juvi male in the depths of a hormone dump.. Most higher primates will bluff / bluff charge, so it is up to us as the intruder to back off, and or be as non threatening as possible. That said, my personal limit is or rather would be 20yds. I mean a hard charging BF. I would treat it (not distance) like bear or cougar. If it is going badly let them know you're there, backing off,if need be a warning shot, after that.. two in the chest one in the head. The chances of that actually happening are very slim, but its good to think all scenarios through. mentally being prepared.

just my 2cents..

I'm not convinced that 2 + 1 is going to do do the trick. Not by a single shooter anyways. The more I think about the potential for a problem developing. My thoughts go to slowing him down. That means take his legs out from under him. Blast away at the knees with a 12 gauge.

If it bleeds you can kill it. No need to put BF on a pedestal. A bullet to the head would do it.

...although :if its bleeds" you can kill it. The question is, how long do you have to live in the tussle after contact is made/

Wouldn't that be dependent upon the thickness of the skull, and the diameter of the bullet. For a trophy shot for the newspapers,.....and you would want a nice picture of the head....the only thing I would come nearer to trust is a deer slug. Which is going to leave rather a nasty blob-face and wide open to be call a fake body.

But to take one down by the knees just use this on old bugger.

...although :if its bleeds" you can kill it. The question is, how long do you have to live in the tussle after contact is made/

Wouldn't that be dependent upon the thickness of the skull, and the diameter of the bullet. For a trophy shot for the newspapers,.....and you would want a nice picture of the head....the only thing I would come nearer to trust is a deer slug. Which is going to leave rather a nasty blob-face and wide open to be call a fake body.

But to take one down by the knees just use this on old bugger.

Who cares? With a body we no longer have to rely on photos to prove the species existence...........WE HAVE A BODY.

I shot a deer a couple years back with a 12 ga. and 3" slugs. First big game critter I ever used a shotgun on. I was very disappointed in the effect it had on the deer. I put one behind the shoulder through both lungs at about 50yds.and two more follow-ups to end it. Factory slugs travel at 1600fps and you don't get the shock that you would from a high powered rifle at 2800fps.

I feel that you owe it to whatever your target is that you should kill as quickly and humanely as possible, which leads me to believe that 00 or 000 buck would be a better option for close up and personal work.

Wudewasa, thanks for the link to this very interesting story.

The part of the story that is beyond comprehension is why after shooting at the BF with a 0.45 gun, the creature kept coming towards the witness. I extracted relevant quote below:

"Then it took a couple of steps towards me. I almost pee'd my pants right there. I picked up the .45 and took a shot off to the left of it. It stopped and looked at me. Then it started walking towards me again. It was very fast. I don't mean that it was running, it's just that the steps were so big, the distance was closing very fast. Had it been a bear, I would have shot it immediately, but honestly, I don't think my .45 would have been able to stop it. One shot would definitely not killed it or stopped it in its tracks. Then as it was approaching me, I took another shot, but this one much closer. I could see it very clearly at this point and yes I did pee my pants. The second shot made her stop again, and then she took off running to the northwest through an area of mostly granite slab and dotted with scrub pine."

Was the BF not afraid of guns?

Why would the BF be so aggresive in this particular case to ignore the threat of gunshot?

As usual, this case raises more questions than provide answers.

If story is true, then I don't think my bear spray would be that effective for those type of situations (plus with bear spray you need to be less than 30 ft to be effective).

I guess maybe they have become used to guns and know what they can do and can't do. Maybe they usually survive being shot. Not as scary to them as we'd hope.

Im fairly confident in a .44 mag or a .454 working. Id even chance a full .45 magazine; but it would put the phrase of "shooting under stress" seriously to the test.

Ive had words with bear and cougar but in my mind its still a bear or cougar ( moderate pucker factor). A bipedal relatively unknown charging with ill intent 'nother matter

entirely..