How To Prevent/survive A Sasquatch Attack

Cotter

May have been shot at before and missed. Might perceive the firearm as harmless noise and flash.

Or, come to think of it, since the witness had fired several warning shots, it had been conditioned to conclude that the weapon was harmless.

If you know what a gun is it's dangerous. If you don't, and it has been used without physical harm a few times, you might conclude that it's not.

This is an important point. Warning shots at a squatch wo hasn't seen a gun before may just teach it to disregard the weapon as harmless.

Edited by JDL

Would singing help? Seriously, I'd go with taking as many photos as I could then dropping the camera so people would know I wasn't taken by aliens. I will also carry an LED flashlight and some pepper or mace spray from now on. I'm hoping that the spray would also help with the mountain lions.

My feelings are if a Bigfoot has aggressive, preconceived intentions, there is probably not much you can do except stay out of their neck of the woods. They move about and hide with incredible precision. Thay can also throw heavy objects with great skill. Even with a large caliber weapon, I feel they could send a 100 MPH fastball upside your head and you would never see it coming. Fortunately, most are not interested in contact and avoid us when they can.

Admin

Best preventions: Stay in groups of three or more Special Operations Teams within mutually supporting distance and keep your eyes on each other.

Fixed it for you...

If you carry bear spray and a BF charges you, take the cap off, test it briefly with a quick spray, and then heavily saturate you face with it. Does two things, first it blinds you and you do not see the end (it also takes your mind off of other, more pressing matters....), and it seasons you ahead of time and the BF will remember your consideration. There is also a highly unlikely chance that the BF will see this, think you are totally off your rocker, want to have nothing to do with you, and quickly leaves the area. :whistle:

That's a good one, VAfooter!

However, there are worst things that a BF could do to you than just a quick kill. (see story below)

Paulides (on his Tribal Bigfoot book) tells a story of a railroad worker who went missing along the South Fork Trinity River.

A week after he dissapeared, he was found naked and delirious in a pit.

"The worker was partially alert and could speak, and said a female ape kidnapped him and held him in the pit against his will and he was forced to have sex with it.

The ape licked his hands and feet until they were raw so that he couldn't walk and escape". p. 196

The guy had severe wounds and hypotherimia and died the night he was found.

My feelings are if a Bigfoot has aggressive, preconceived intentions, there is probably not much you can do except stay out of their neck of the woods. They move about and hide with incredible precision. Thay can also throw heavy objects with great skill. Even with a large caliber weapon, I feel they could send a 100 MPH fastball upside your head and you would never see it coming. Fortunately, most are not interested in contact and avoid us when they can.

Give me an AK-47 in a death match against a BF and I will guarantee you victory every time. Unless you subscribe to the sasfooty paranormal idea, then that would be something else entirely.

Would singing help? Seriously, I'd go with taking as many photos as I could then dropping the camera so people would know I wasn't taken by aliens. I will also carry an LED flashlight and some pepper or mace spray from now on. I'm hoping that the spray would also help with the mountain lions.

i carry spray, mostly for bears. if a healthy adult mountain lion wants to take you down, you won't even get the spray out of the holster before your jaw is broken. i've had cougar and bear encounters, and would infinitely prefer coming across a bear.

if sasquatch exists, i don't think it wants anything to do with us, never mind an attack. if they were predatory, or inclined towards defensive attacks, there'd be footage.

Guest thermalman

I always take a few pieces of equipment to up odds of survival--I wear a helmet strongly affixed to a steel cervical collar attached to a kevlar body suit/harness device. I just don't want them to simply pop my head right off, I want to make them at least work for it. It's not stylish but the other researchers give you a wide berth, allowing you more territory to call your own.

:lol: I bet you look HOT? ;)

Guest Luckyfoot

This is an important point. Warning shots at a squatch wo hasn't seen a gun before may just teach it to disregard the weapon as harmless.

Totally agree.

If you have to shoot, no warning shots.

I tend to think that you could stop a bigfoot with a .45 . It wouldn't be with one shot. The whole clip emptied into a tight proximity . 4 or 5 shots grouped closely mid chest would prolly be effective.

That's a good one, VAfooter!

However, there are worst things that a BF could do to you than just a quick kill. (see story below)

Paulides (on his Tribal Bigfoot book) tells a story of a railroad worker who went missing along the South Fork Trinity River.

A week after he dissapeared, he was found naked and delirious in a pit.

"The worker was partially alert and could speak, and said a female ape kidnapped him and held him in the pit against his will and he was forced to have sex with it.

The ape licked his hands and feet until they were raw so that he couldn't walk and escape". p. 196

The guy had severe wounds and hypotherimia and died the night he was found.

Very tragic and sad, but perhaps he lives on in his child with the female Bigfoot. Perhaps men should add condoms along with the bear spray, firearms, etc to their list of "protection" items

I have read that report before but never thought of that kind of protection. + 1 for you.

I still think my Hannibal Lecter bf proof suit is a good idea. Might help keep your virtue intact, too.

Edited by Kings Canyon

Totally agree.

If you have to shoot, no warning shots.

I tend to think that you could stop a bigfoot with a .45 . It wouldn't be with one shot. The whole clip emptied into a tight proximity . 4 or 5 shots grouped closely mid chest would prolly be effective.

Do you think you could take down a full sized, male grizzly, with a .45 ACP?

From what I've read, a big male BF would be about the mass of a full grown male grizzly.

If your thinking of defending against such a creature with a handgun, I'd recommend your choices should begin with .44 magnum, and, skies the limit from there.

A .45 ACP wasn't designed for stopping really large critters. It was designed to take down rogue humans. You might wanna re-think your options in that regard. Better safe than dead, resting in pieces, and, all that jazz. :o