Habituators Evidence

Martin

It is hard to understand what is happening to the people who are having these encounters. It is impossible to believe that a diverse group of people with such similar experiences can be written off to delusion or misinterpretation. Something real is happening, and I am glad and eager to hear about it. I cannot imagine what it must be like to live with this weirdness for extended periods of time, some people I guess are resigned to deal with this forever. The universe is a strange place, and everyday science proves it is even stranger than we thought. Honestly, my first reaction to hearing many of these stories was disbelief, but I now think that it can, and maybe, will be explained someday, hopefully, sooner than later. I don’t know how biology and physics merge exactly, but the quantum world is a strange place. I am not suggesting that bigfoot is anything more than an undiscovered species of flesh and blood animal, but cannot preclude the possibility that it is outside of our current understanding.

I didn't realize ToeJam was gone for good. That's too bad. :( His posts were great -- really interesting. They pretty routinely confirmed things that many 'experiencers' have said over and over again.

I did not realize Toejam was gone either, I am not a good social media person I see, but I did enjoy his comments too.

. LTBF I have to agree, too many of us, too diverse, and too many not trying to make a buck or name are saying the same thing.

And too many that we don't hear from b/c of the ridicule/challenges may also be true...

I do know that when the habituating thread settled down about a half dozen new posters stopped in to share and said very similar things...many writing me personally to share what they would not in a public forum...

Where did this rowdy I don't believe you culture of BF "research" come from - it's not like there is any reward for being believed?? Or is there, did it make a difference historically if any particular person believed or does today? And the liars? So? I guess what reward there also? Self promotion it seems is the lot of all who seek attention and/or money and/or vindication....?

study sooner would be better.....as the cyber world of Bigfoot research is pretty ineffective....

Edited by apehuman

I think some might be confusing the claims made by habituators and claims by some that are seeking attention.

*Most* of those that hang out in the habituator threads are there to tell their story. They explain behaviors and what they witness and don't ask for anything in return.

Those that claim to be habituators and then say "it's in my book," or they are trying to get you to buy something, those are the people that have a burden to provide proof.

Two completely different types of people. The first group come here because they don't feel they can share their information anywhere else without ridicule. Telling a story doesn't carry a burden of proof. It's up to the reader to see if they can find any holes and either accept or dismiss the reports. The second group go everywhere to make sure their story is heard. They want something for their story. Those are the people that you should expect to see something more from. They have the burden of proof on them.

NJJohn, I appreciate it that you think that some people are actually telling the truth when they come to a thread like this to tell their stories.

I'm not sure I agree, however, that people who write books about their experiences with BF (or someone else's experiences with BF) are "attention seekers". Isn't anyone who writes a book -- of any kind! -- a "seeker of attention"? If you go to the trouble of writing a book, you hope someone will read it. What is so odd about that?

And why is there some special "burden of proof" on people who write books about Bigfoot? They're not forcing anyone to buy their books; they're only saying, "If this subject interests you, you might be interested in my book." The job you give to the readers of stories on this thread (and rightly so, to my way of thinking) -- "it's up to the reader to see if they can find any holes and either accept or dismiss the reports" -- is the exact same job that should be given to anyone who reads a book of any kind, on any subject.

It's always up to the reader to make his or her own decisions about what he or she reads.

Isn't that the whole point of a free society? Each of us is free to read what we choose, write (!) what we choose, think what we choose, and believe as we choose.

Edited by LeafTalker

Guest njjohn

What I meant is the type that says oh I have a lot of evidence, but in order to see it...pay for it. The ones that lead you towards something. Those who make big claims seeking something from you.

Those who write books actually have my admiration b/c it's a more lasting media and if you mean it, or want to make a difference that seems the right way to go... and one where faith (or self confidence) counts..that all that work to produce just to share is worth it? Just knowing you shared has to be enough, b/c I don't think there is any financial reward....I don't know, but few specialty books make money at all...really

So, if i had more faith my one story was book worthy, (well it is actually!) or more importantly, that I can produce that work alone (no one to help no $$ etc) and that the time it takes me is well spent for my life..not sure it would change anything for BFs or seekers...

I don't begrudge the writers, just the opposite (and some film makers too) .. or many really..how they handle this weird situation..except maybe those who intentionally mislead or take advantage of others..in whatever manner..

What I meant is the type that says oh I have a lot of evidence, but in order to see it...pay for it. The ones that lead you towards something. Those who make big claims seeking something from you.

yeah I understand that over marketing...lol seems we have been subject to that for some time...in many ways...on the other hand...sometimes people don't value soemthing unless they pay for it, and it is produced well...

go to my blog...if I took the time (and it's only just starting) to writie all those anecdotes and do all that analysis, explaining..would it be worth a book? Is it valued at all free? Or under a penname, or without the exact site identified, web or book? So, a blog seems a half way...way...w/o over staying a welcome on forums...:)

The longer I hang around the more forgiving of many I am, and the less tolerant I am of a very narrow slice of Bigfootery

Edited by apehuman

Guest njjohn

Oh I agree apehuman. I don't think there's anything wrong with writers. ( I am one) But you don't see the writers come in here and claim things then say oh here's my book. They usually keep quiet on their own, discuss little things here and there, and then the book shows up on the market.

What you, Sas, thephaige and others do on these boards isn't anything remotely close to that, which I enjoy reading. You guys have plenty of material for books, but have rather been encyclopedias to those that are interested in the topic.

Yeah, I don't know what i am doing to be honest. I wanted an anthropologist to tell and take it over. So, who knows.. I do feel bound to show the media i have first, and deal with the credibility issues...then the witness stuff. The interesting stuff? That part is exciting to tell and much remains untold b/c of these issues...and also..well I am not a writer, or someone who feels compelled to write and tell others normally (although I made money writing...all very narrow topics and paid!) so I lack that writer's passion/conviction/confidence.... or talent really.... it pisses me off actually sometimes... that I haven't that conviction...

But, the more I studied BFs the more certain I became I don't have it nailed down at all and realize my research (if we can call it that) shall continue as long as I can get out...not in the same fashion, but I do expect to learn more over time..and feel it's too soon to commit to a Library of Congress number..and think much of what I have to say is out there in some form....

! my wireless server acting up tonight - slow connection...so if i disppear got kicked off and gave up

Edited by apehuman

yeah maybe...but perhaps by that time my story or the others here won't be special or controversial...that DNA study was supposed to be objective science..and if Sykes only does mtDNA..well it could go on like this for a great while... I should probably disappear like so many before (what is the average life of a BF enthusiast?) and maybe can soon...it has been a real type of therapy I guess...what word really? cathartic? to share here... and I do feel more relaxed with the knowledge..maybe b/c I did put it out there and leave with others to ponder. Your burden now..! lol thanks for the ear...and I do feel better than i did before sharing..so there you go!

M favorite Bf saying...."oh, there they go!" lol who said that?

Edited by apehuman

Guest njjohn

Information is never bad. Whatever the perception of the ideas are, the information is what's important. At the very least, you can pass the journal on to family if you give up on it lol.

Oh I agree apehuman. I don't think there's anything wrong with writers. ( I am one) But you don't see the writers come in here and claim things then say oh here's my book. They usually keep quiet on their own, discuss little things here and there, and then the book shows up on the market.

So, "the writers" are doing it right, then?

Then who's doing it "wrong"?

If nobody's doing it "wrong", I'm not sure I understand what you're concerned about.

And Apehuman, you're a really good writer. Your stories would be very interesting to me! If you wrote a book about BF, and I had the money, I would buy it!

NGJ yeah that is the idea of the blog..at least get the info organized and up generally (and can download archive)....and then walk away... lol..save the PDF for family

leaftalker ..that is the idea of blog too...it's free to all and well, a start of some kind...we'll see..

Edited by apehuman

I think what is fascinating and scary is how all these people, from different walks of life, and different world views, different backgrounds, professions, etc., having very close experiences are trying with varying, at least seemingly, degrees of success to fit their experiences into something that makes sense. It seems that most did not ask for it, want it, and would like it to stop. I have a rigid world view, but recognize that if I was faced with the reality of dealing with the bizarre experiences heaped on these credible sources, I do not know how I would be able to cope. My point of view says science can explain all things, but maybe today’s science can’t. Fifty years of tramping through the woods with no real success, and now tramping through the woods with the best technology available does not seem to have gotten us any closer. Our best hope may lie with the folks having the ongoing experiences, I don’t like using habituator, because it has taken on a disrespectful feeling. Keep up the good work and be careful. Great science does not happen overnight, it took Jane Goodall many years to gain the chimps trust and decades to learn what makes them tick, and obviously these beings are not chimps.