Habituators Evidence

Martin

Popping one with a gun has the same chance as popping one with a camera, JMO. Don't think we haven't been aggressive in trying to protect our animals when something lurks. Question to you or anyone else, how many walk around with a camera or a gun attached to themselves like an umbilical cord 24/7?

Common skeptical mistake: it's easy to get photos of wild animals. Truth is: unless it's habituated to humans or you are a pro wildlife photographer dedicated full time to the effort, it's almost impossible. Watch "Planet Earth" for examples of how close to impossible, for animals that we knew lived right where the videos got taken. (Think sasquatch is elusive? Chase camels in Mongolia. Patterson and Gimlin got their film much easier.)

As for farmers/ranchers shooting one: pretty much forget it. You could have an arsenal in your house. Let's see how prepared you are when the Loch Ness Monster comes through an upper-floor window and snatches your daughter. Three days later...the "these things don't exist" is a terminally-underrated factor. Your first impulse is not shoot it....it's "what the hell...?" Which will last, count on it, 'til that sucker's gone for good.

Guest thermalman

@painthorse It sometimes takes months and months of stalking the animals for the right photo. During that time, the photographer has to take hundreds or thousands of photos. It took a very long time to get photos and vids of the elusive snow leopard. :)

Edited by thermalman

Guest thermalman
:thumbsup: ....or, I should add, sometimes a once in lifetime photo actually does get taken of an encounter, purely by accidental or fortunate circumstances at the time. Edited by thermalman

I offered the challenge to you, it would not matter if the offer was to a "scientist" the offer would be the same.

SO, you are the perfect example of someone who screams "No it's not possible", lol.

Skeered to experience something your in denial of? Or just skeered of the dark? Bawawawawaw

Guess we'll talk in circles. Meldrum or whomever didn't post, "you did". My activity here is no secret. I'm very approachable, I don't bite. I've had "people out

here" from the community who have said they've heard the best vocals to date and also a view of a smaller one scampering within feet of us caught on N/V, that was lucky, it was only a weekend jaunt. I don't drop names and I don't kiss hind leg. I don't suck up to anyone for help.

I have my own cache of evidence, but it really doesn't matter to someone like you unless it's a body. The explanations are always going to be that someone is hoaxing, being hoaxed, liar, attention getter, ya-da-ya-da-ya-da.

Popping one with a gun has the same chance as popping one with a camera, JMO. Don't think we haven't been aggressive in trying to protect our animals when something lurks. Question to you or anyone else, how many walk around with a camera or a gun attached to themselves like an umbilical cord 24/7?

Your first post is funny. I don't think I'm the one in denial of anything. I'm fairly certain it may be the other way around.

My bolded: That sounds a lot like excuses. If your "evidence" was authentic, and tangible, why would science scoff at it? Why would anyone? Maybe because it's not what it's being represented as. Again, have you ever asked someone like Jeffery Meldrum to come "out with you" to your bigfoots playground area or whatever? Why not?

A lot of excuses, and stories. That's all I've seen on this forum so far.

Your first post is funny. I don't think I'm the one in denial of anything. I'm fairly certain it may be the other way around.

My bolded: That sounds a lot like excuses. If your "evidence" was authentic, and tangible, why would science scoff at it? Why would anyone? Maybe because it's not what it's being represented as. Again, have you ever asked someone like Jeffery Meldrum to come "out with you" to your bigfoots playground area or whatever? Why not?

A lot of excuses, and stories. That's all I've seen on this forum so far.

"A lot of excuses, and stories. That's all I've seen on this forum so far."

Well get off the damned forum out from behind your monitor and get your behind off of that comfy Lazyboy and come on over for a visit. You have an offer, you just want to whine there's no such thing as a squatch yet you have no desire to take up on an offer. The only person making excuses here is you.

My last word to you before I get slapped by a mod, is that my husband has always said that when I know I'm wrong I'll admit it but when I know I'm right I'll argue with a bag of rocks. :P

Global Test Supply rents many thermal imaging video cameras. $250/month FLIR Scout 24 is a monocular with video...and resolution around 240p..

No matter what is said about them being or not, the facts are, even though there is not definitive proof, there is much more text written about the absolute existence than not. Not to mention that if every single witness were lying, it would only take one that is of truth (mine lol) for this to be a reality. Which it is. Now I would have to be called a liar or we would have to decide that eye witness testimony is no longer a mode for which we can trust, in which case we are in much worse shape than deciding whether BF is real or not. What I can say without any disagreement I would think is that once they are proven then we will know how it is that a mostly upward walking, hairy, stanky beast of between 7-11 feet tall has mostly eluded detection, capture, or finding of a deceased for so long. My personal feeling is that they are not to be messed with, they should be left alone and they would have if they had returned the favor and left me alone. Who in there right minds would want to have an experience where the general public and even family consider them fantastical ( a nice word for nuts)? Strangely enough even some folks in the very BF world can think it fantastical unless they share your experience and are also looking for answers without the stigma. My personal quest is to learn what they are , no matter where that leads me, not whether they are... I'm already well beyond that hurdle. I seek truth.

Edited by ThePhaige

CMBigfoot, I'm in Oregon and I'd meet up with you for some bigfooting, and we are not too far apart actually. There are certain logistics to consider, of course. I'd love to learn how to use a thermal... I haven't had any contact with the BF where they were this summer for a few weeks, possibly longer (I think... they may be migratory...or I just don't get out there enough in winter) but if summer comes and activity picks up again, I'm game. I'm also looking into several new areas in my explorations now.

Something makes those footprints. And leaves hair and blood on traps. And has been seen by thousands of people over hundreds of years. And likely heard by ME. My curiousity is killing me!

Edited by madison5716

Guest thermalman

Sounds exciting Maddie. If I could just make a suggestion? Please look up thermal camera operation on Utube so that you'll have some idea about the operation of the camera. Also, FOCUS is the main downfall to most thermal pics, so keep your focus refined at all times. If you need anymore help, I will do what I can from here. Happy hunting!!! :)

Edited by thermalman

I'm looking at the FLIR Scout on another tab and what I"m not seeing is a recording capability. I don't want to just SEE it, I want to record it. Hmm, will keep looking.

Now, this looks fun and "only" $1200! LOL, expensive! http://www.globaltestsupply.com/c/245/FLIR_i3_Thermal_Imaging_Camera_with_60x60_Resolution.html

How fun would that be???

Edited by madison5716

I have the FLIR H-series 324 command 19mm thermal camera. It is very easy to use. It has a power button, display brightness button, white/black hot button, 2X zoom button, and a capture button that can take photos or video. I can record at least 11 hours of video on to a 4 gb sd card. It does not record audio.

I don't understand. Why would someone have to spend potentially months in a remote area to find a Bigfoot? There are numerous reports of people just stumbling across them while out hiking in urban greenspaces, or on a day trip somewhere, or a weekend camping trip, or feeding their chickens in the coop, etc, etc, etc. If you believe some of the crap going on right now, then Rick Dyer shot one in the back of the head behind a Home Depot in Texas while it was eating ribs. The evidence really seems to favour the casual encounter vs the hermit in the woods.

Edited by dmaker

I don't think too many scientific discoveries have been confirmed by random people.

And what have all the random people who have seen sasquatch gotten us?

"No evidence."

Tell it to the dedicated wolverine researcher that got one photo of a dot in the snow for a wild wolverine. Then tell it to some hiker in the Sierra who got clear video of one.

The latter got lucky. But it's the former who can tell us a whole lot more about wolverines.

Nobody believes random people. Science is our arbiter of reality. So we need dedication at some point of the process. Random all the way won't cut it.

Edited by DWA